What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Seeds = Budget Strains or Junk

Hi I see that Nirvana has some really cheap seeds compared to many other seed banks. They appear to be nice strains. Does the saying "you get what you pay for" apply to Nirvana seeds too.

To those using Nirvana what strains do you have and how are they working for you?

ReeferRon

I grew their Super Skunk and White Rhino a few years ago.... Both top notch smoke if you ask me.

Have since lost both sets of genetics but because the Rhino was so good, I just started another pack! (Still just seedlings now though.)

drtask

growing out some of their white widow now. just a week into veg but so far so good. 100% germ rate. stealth shipping. quality beans for the price you pay.

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
Cannot go wrong.
Smokin some #1 at the moment... First class. White Widow in flower Very smelly. NLX great.

WR

Thats good to hear. I just got the B-52 and was looking at a few others. They have some of the best prices for sure. I still seem to like the big $ strains but looking to diversify the strain and Nirvana definately fits the bill. Any pics anyone?

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Whew,I got a little scared when i read the thread title.
I'm glad all the post were good one's,
We just ordered about 10pk's of the $19.35 strains
and was hoping for good thing's.

Thanks all

I N Hail

G

i have grown ak48 ,and cali-o both wher good strains but i made seeds from ther cali-o that are top notch.i made seeds from the male and female and have one cali-o in flower as we speak .i also have their jock horror ,white rhino .if your on a budget they are the ones to buy .it might take 2 packs but you can find a good mother plant. but ther old cali-o is some of the best smoke i have had it a all around good plant best flavor ,smell.bag appeal and resin content.
this is he plant i have in flower now .and the other is of the same pack .grows like a indaca smokes like a sativa.

picture.php

this is a cali-o with its broad leafs in front of a kalimist.

3537DSC01852.JPG

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i bought SkunkSpecial & Moroc x Afghan lately

the SS has germed 8/10 so far

MxA is supa slow to germ,,,,i think 4 have broke through,,,,"so far"

i was reading on Nirvanas website,,,Mau worked at positronics and he is claiming to have all the old P1 stock,,,,,all the old NL clones ,,,Afghan ,,,etc

dbfr3sh

first run with snow white (feminized). so far their beautiful and you cant believe there grown under 6 t5s.

these ladies at about 42days flowering. all organic
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew there northern lights not bad but not as good as sensi's but who the hell can complain for $30 i dont think any of their strains would be a waste of money...

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I'm pleased with my purchases. The strains I have had issues with were bubblicious where only a few seeds germinates and the plants were male. About 30% germ, and may not be a breeder issue. The other strain i am having issues with is Aurora Indica. The seedlings are burned. This time I think it's nute burn. The seeds may already be hot and can't handle hot soil. Again this may not be a breeder issue.

In comparison to the Master Kush which is a finer leafed plant and looking very healthy, AI may be a more difficult strain to grow. I like the light green leaves on the AI and would love to have any buds turn out that color rather than a darker brown once cured.

I recommend Nirvana seeds. It's the place to go to grow anything other than bag seeds.

K

kittykronic

my first 3yrs. of indoor growing i used nirvana products..bubblelicious, cali-o, northern lights, wr, ice and snow white feminized definetly no complaints here..never had a germ or hermie problem..actually some of them have been better than high priced beans i paid for..still have some left that i use once in awhile that are 4 yrs. old..they still germ fine too..good luck..

indifferent

Veteran
Nirvana are okay for the price.

They used to make most of their strains by crossing production clones from the old Posi days to Mau's special Purple Skunk male, which is why you could find purple phenos in many of their lines. They also buy seeds in from third parties, such as NL x Big Bud which was done by the people behind Female Seeds.

I've been reliably informed that these days they are buying in any seed they can get their hands on to meet demand, they recently bought a couple of kilos of bulk seeds from reeferman, god knows what packs they went in.

I have only grown Nirvana's Bubblicious but it was definitely top notch and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Only popped 2 of my 10 beans, found a great purple frosty mom right off the bat and have been running clones of her for several runs so far with nothing but great results.

Would definitely recommend!!!

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Same here with the WW...

I had old smokers that been toking for 30 years ...bowing in front of me out of respect..
they say its the best weed they ever smoked.

Promise....no lies

I had ppl jumping over my fence trying to find my plants..(LOL...meanwhile they were safe inside my cab)

MrBaker

I got some WW ~1-15. yrs ago and it was crap. The seeds looked unhealthy, and the germ rate was 60%. The plants ended up bein' (for the most part) unimpressive. I'd try again but there are other cheap breeders that I want to try first.

Maybe I was a fluke, and granted this was at least 1 yr ago and maybe closer to 2. They're so cheap that everyone should probably try a pack of something. Worst case is that you never grow Nirv again, an best case is that you got a cutting from a great plant.

Should have been named forest gump.You never know what your going to get.Iv had good iv had bad.I spend all the time and money on a grow Dont want to gamble or skimp with the beans.

Latest posts

Latest posts