What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w 5x5 tent

anon710

Have a mixed bag of genetics going in a 5x5 tent. Its sitting in my new/old room as its being finished off. Had a 10x20 room in my garrage that I was running 6x 1000w about 8 years ago, moved back into the house a few years ago and am getting things back up and going slowly.

For now running a 1000w hps, air cooled in a 5x5 tent.

Running a mix of genetics:
bluberry kush
Girl Scout cookies
some random cross of the blueberry from my buddy
Some lady bug bubba seeds that came from self polination of my last run

Running part of the botanicare line.
At the moment running
10ml/gal pbp grow
10ml/gal liquid karma
2 tsp epsom salts in 4 gal
6.1ph

reveging a lady bug bubba and some sorta skunk from my last run that were quite frosty and stinky. Need to get a veg area set up to get some moms going and keep some clones going.

Hand watering in 3 gal nursery pots with promix, layer of hydroton on top to make watering easier.

have 25 clones in there and some random seeds. The plan is to veg for a week or 2 then flip to flower.

Looking to do another crop or 2 in this tent while i finish off the room and get all the equipment, and find 3-4 strains that I can run perpetual. So far have 2 that I would run, but also looking to run a room of House of great gardiner barb to find a keeper pheno.

vtoOtax

Looking for some advice on if that sorta plan works for this run. Thanks in advance. I plan to try and keep regular on the updates to keep me disciplined.

anon710

Life has been busy, so here come a some what long update.

Got a 1000w mh bare bulb set up and a veg area somewhat set up.
Have a few regeg from some nice ones I did not clone on the last run.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=80160&pictureid=1947818

The one in the square milk crate is a Lady Bug Bubba, and the one in the square pot is a skunk that has a real skunk funk to it.

Ran into some ph issues with a new bag of promix, the plants wew not happy about it. FLushed them and they are back on track. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=80160&pictureid=1947816

Ended up fliping to flower a few days ago. Now currently on day 4 of flower after 24 hr dark period
here is a pic opf day 1 or 2 of flower
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=80160&pictureid=1947819

Here is a pic from today
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=80160&pictureid=1947820

Took a round of cuttings about a week ago while cleaning the bottoms of the plants. They look like they are doing well will know how that all went in a few days to a week.

Picked up some new genetics to play around with. Got a pheno hunted Barbra bud from a buddy of mine. Threw one into flower as a rooted clone to see how fast she flowers and such, the other is being momed out.

In the flower tent ended up vegging rooted clones for 2 weeks then a day of darkness.

A few questions for you promix guys out there. Got the run off ph around 6.7 when my water and nutes going in is at 6.3ph

should i keep the water going in around there or should i make my way down to the 6.0 area.

anon710

Just a little update

album.php

snapped a few tops over to even the cannopy
fairly happy with how even it is for a multi strain run
album.php

anon710

in the proicess of getting a 4k flowering room going. Any insight into possibly swapping over to led. Roughly 20x10 area im working with. Looking at doing a 4 1000w aircooled flip flop with 2 flower rooms being fed by a veg room with 2 x 1000w mh. Would be interested on the led set up you would recomend. thanks

anon710

pic from today

day 10 or so of flower. Planning on doing a defoliation at the end of the week, and clean up the bottoms. Taken clones already the day before flip, and have mothers of all three ready for a next round. Trying to keep this as perpetual as possible. Will end up with another 30-50 cuttings im thinking which is ideal becasue I should have a 4k room set up for just around when this tent comes down so I will need 100-150 to fill that room up.

anon710

Here are some pics from yesterday

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Things moving along nicley, got maybe 2 dozen clones into solo cups and under a 1000w mh. Took 8 days from cuttings for roots to show and a few days to harden them off under some fluros so they didnt get fried.

Going to do a good defoliation on the flower tent tonight or tommorow.

Getting to the point I can water every other day, so everything seems like its on schedule. Been playing around running my RH a bit higher than normal until the buds gain some density in week 3 or 4. Plants seems to like it so far. RH around 72-75 and constant temps at 22.5-23.5c

On another note, got some seeds back from a long lost freind. Some old school genetics I miss running. So going to do a 4x8 soil tray in the next few months for a 12/12 from seed run witrh 400-800 beans. Looking for some input on this if anyone can chime in.

anon710

Decided to pop a few seeds today.
Popped some c99xmazar, and some LUI from an old sealed breeder pack I had laying around. They fairly old so hopefully they pop.

Got half the room defoliated and took 20 something clones while cleaning the bottoms up.

anon710

Got some stuff done today. Finished defoliation and stripping the bottoms off. On day 15 flower.

got some more clones cut from the lowers. Going to take a round of cuttings off of mothers soon. Finally found an extra tall humidity dome:)

Going on a seed popping rampage soon.

anon710

Some more pics from today. Going to get rid of all the big fan leaves on friday or saturday. Will be day 21 flower then. Pretty happy with the bud set so far looks like it will be a nice run so far.

feeding every 2nd or 3rd day at this point. Feeding at around 1.8-2.0 EC no signs of burning on leaf tips so gunna keep it steady around there maybe raise it up in week 4 or 5.

anon710

Some more pics. Pretty happy with the stretch and how the canopy has filled out on these. They were not huge when I flipped them, nor the healthiest, but they pretty happy now.

For new genetics im pretty happy so will have another run with them, have enough clones cut to fill 2 lights I am pretty sure :)
Just hope Im not going to have to stake all of them, will be a pain. Would be ideal to do that when I am doing a defoliation this week if needed I assume.