What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old.

rogerw

just turned 63 this month and most of what i read here is me lol. i thing i have done is take a young man 30's and teach him some things i have learned in my life. like this year he found out old farts have wisdom and listen to them for they might not be wise but they have become smart.we grew 3 acres of hemp . next year i am go into partnership with him and grow 33 acres of hemp the old way by plant by hand because the auto planters do not do that good of a job and i want him to understand with hard work come reward and hopefully make him enough money so he can buy a farm of his own. i did not have any kids of my own so this is why i am teaching him the value of hard work and it's rewards.

WelderDan

Veteran
Roll with it bro. Embrace your inner crotchety old self. I once had long hair, was idealistic, drove my hotrod like an asshole, and thought I had the world by the tail. Now I buzz off what little hair I have left, I'm cynical, I yell at cars speeding down my street, and I've learned the world has had me by the tail my entire life, I was just too blind to see it.

Things I could do all day now take me all day to do. My hip aches, I can't take the heat, and I have zero tolerance for stupid shit.

I am a lot wiser now. And I'm still pretty damn quick when I want to be. It ain't all bad, but it is an adjustment.