What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do high level of C02 really kill Spider Mites ???

digging

I have been using predator mites to help stave off Spider Mites.

I keep reading that High levels of c02 will kill Spider Mites.

I have really well sealed rooms as they were insulated with spray foam on all walls and ceilings.

Does this really work, or is it wishful thinking ?

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, it doesn't work, at all. Ive released an ENTIRE 20lb co2 tank into a very small room to test this theory. Does not kill spider mites OR root gnats. Its also dangerous unless done in a very controlled setting.

NO!!!!!
I put my entire microgrow in a very large plastic bag and inflated the bag like a balloon with pure CO2. Was at least 50% concentration for 8 hours.
Repeated with increasing concentrations- no dice.

digging

That’s crazy how so many sites and areas on the Internet say spider mite extinction can be achieved by C02.

It’s kind of like a friend of a friend I knew had success with 10,000 ppm’s of C02.

I know, one can’t believe everything you read on the internet …