What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

These gals are only 6 weeks in flower and today is 10 weeks from popping their heads. They look about ready. They smell amazing and ripe. @dubi Do you think I should chop them soon??? Or wait another 3 weeks? Maybe these are finishing early?? Trichs show some amber and cloudy overall.
AutoMalwaixNLfull.jpg
AutoMalwaixNL2.jpg
AutoMalwaixNL.jpg

Welcome to ICMag @UrbanGardner :) What a great auto Malawi x NL for your first post!
Excellent yield indoors :yes: well done! Looks done time from here, if terpenes are in peak of intensity and appealing complexity then i would harvest now. Enjoy!

Thanks for reaffirming my intuition !! My gut told me it was time but the calendar did not agree being 3 weeks early.

Of the 3 plants in early/mid flowering one (back left in group shot) had tropical tutti-frutti aromas and the other 2 had a chemical kind of solvent aroma. Like turpentine but with the piney notes replaced with unripe berries. As the flowers ripen I smell varying degrees of mixed berry greek yogurt on all 3 plants. There is a fruitiness but with an underlying sharpness in the background. Very interesting terpene profile for sure!!! I check them for smell every day. I think I will see where the aromas go in the next few days. I will certainly keep you updated on harvest.

How was the outcome of your grow @UrbanGardner :) are you happy with the flowers ?

I like it very much!! It has become my (and my sons) current favorite. It provides a powerful clean buzz and smells amazing. It has a tart citrusy aroma. Smokes smooth.

I was very pleased with the yield. 9oz total(3 plants). I used 3oz to make cobs. I have not had the cobs yet. But the reports are that the cobs are not as strong as the flower. That is probably because I cherry picked the best buds and used the larf for cobs.

Malawai_NL_buds.jpg
Malawai_NL_cobs.jpg

wuluz

The Auto Malawi, which is currently my most consumed flower/cob after @Tangwena. The Cobs of 2022 are a little more intense in their effect, especially at the beginning when the energy boost comes. Chew 0.15 grams at 5 p.m. and I have a great evening and a pleasant night from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. The smell of the 2022 Cob is heavy but not unpleasant at all, old leather, damp old wood.
The cops of 2023 look and smell different, in fact they have almost no smell at all. The effect when chewing is quick but very pleasant. It takes longer until the relaxation phase comes :) As with the 2022 Cob, the sleep is at its finest, you are really rested in the morning.
DSCN1046.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
The Auto Malawi, which is currently my most consumed flower/cob after @Tangwena. The Cobs of 2022 are a little more intense in their effect, especially at the beginning when the energy boost comes. Chew 0.15 grams at 5 p.m. and I have a great evening and a pleasant night from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. The smell of the 2022 Cob is heavy but not unpleasant at all, old leather, damp old wood.
The cops of 2023 look and smell different, in fact they have almost no smell at all. The effect when chewing is quick but very pleasant. It takes longer until the relaxation phase comes :) As with the 2022 Cob, the sleep is at its finest, you are really rested in the morning.
View attachment 18950530

View attachment 18950531

View attachment 18950532
The dark ones are beautiful and something I think I would like especially the good nights sleep AFTER the effects wear off 5 hours later bonus. The younger cobs I'm sure will come into their own once they attain the same age.
Nice looking cures brother.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Forgot to comment that Auto Malawi x NL is in stock again since late July last year :yes:

We worked on a new repro last spring, including many different lines from different generations, always looking for best expressions regarding terpenes, yield, resins and potency coming from the sativa/indica pheno. So, currently available Auto Malawi x NL releases (and in upcoming years) are already at F4-F5 stage.