What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Franco the Strain Hunter

AmanteSativo

Franco, especially for us Italians, you were and will remain a large icon from which to take example! You were a great man, your love for cannabis I saw him well in each of your videos! Rest in peace and a hug to the family.
Rest In Peace Franco
as we say in italy, are always the best people to leave for firsts

FireIn.TheSky

That's terrible, I always enjoyed watching Franco in those videos. He always seemed so very enthusiastic about herb.

Tynehead Tom

devoting ones life to the plant and the way of life it brings deserves to be respected by us all.
RIP Franco.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
the dude was really nice.
I went to KushKon in LA in '09 and showed him the dark bud in my Avatar that was the best thing I found strainhunting the previous winter in the caribbean.
he introduced me to some other breeders who helped me connect with really great LA buds.
he really went out of his way to hook me up and I wasn't even buying seeds just talking weed.

they're saying Malaria on fb as cause of death.

I will smoke extra OG for you , rip!
CIMG7481.jpg

B

bench warmer

I'm gutted! Such a tragic loss. He was so smart, kind & generous. I was blessed to have spent a few days chatting with Franco just a few months ago. He remains a great inspiration.

Deepest sympathies to his family and circles.

R.I.P.

gorilla ganja

Greenhouse Seeds had it's share of haters and trolls, but there was no denying Franco's passion for the plant.

May he Rest In Peace

Green Squall

I loved his description of the chara's on the India episode.

"The aroma is so intense, you can smell the mountains. You can smell a little bit of resin from the pine trees. It's so complex, it's incredible."

I also remember him pulling out some charas in the book "Heart of Dankness" for the author to sample when they met in Amsterdam. He seemed very enthusiastic about that type of hash.

I hope he has plenty to smoke wherever he is. Again, RIP.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
This is terrible :badday:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and passion with us, Franco.

Rest In Peace

LostTribe

Premium user
Travelling abroad is always a risk especially in remote regions where doctors are scarce and the necessary drugs to treat are far more scarce. Travel to sub saharan Africa comes with consequences as drug resistant forms of malaria are prevalent. Speaking from experience traveling abroad is not something to take light heartedly. Check the CDC for information and visit a travel doctor 6 months before you plan to go as prophylaxis must begin many weeks before you plan to travel and continue after you return but with Drug resistant varieties anyone is at great risk.

Gone But Not Forgotten!

We will miss you, Franco.

LT