What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aerocloner 20

G

Here are some pics of my Aerocloner 20 site cloning setup.

649CIMG0014.JPG

649CIMG0019.JPG

649CIMG00171.JPG

649CIMG0015.JPG

I have had virtuall 100% success with this system. 5-7 days roots hanging down, no problem

Tex

filter xp

Hey Tex, where did you get those misters? I have been looking for misters that will fit snugly into PVC and dont shoot out when the pumps on! I have a 550 gph pump.

Right now I just have the water shooting out of 1/16" holes in the pvc. It creates a totally humid environment in the tub, which works great. Only problem is I have to aim the streams away from pots or else the roots shoot off.

G

They are like $ .20 a pice at the hydro shop. The holes in the pvc are actually tapped or threaded to except the threaded end of the nozzles . These are 360 degree nozzles and they work great. Never clogged or anything like that.

I can't remeber what that pump is gpm wise but it would take some kinda pressure to shoot those nozzles loose.

Tex

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Nice set up Texas Kid. Aero cloning is the best way to get your clone's to root, no doubt about it. I need to build one like yours, but not as big. Thanks for the idea....

:abduct:

G

Thanks Squid

I figured it out and built another one out of a plastic rubbermaid tub for about $12.00 less the pump. Pumps vary from 25.00-90.00 bucks depending on the config. and gpm

1-5/8" hole saw goes a long way if you are going to use the 2" net pots. You could also just drill a 5/8" or so hole right in the top of the lid and let the stem/roots dangle. it's alot easier and practicle all the way around to do that way.

I use Green Fuse root stimulator also with excellent results.

I'll post some pics of it later.

Tex

filter xp

hmm i dont really have a hydro shop around here, closest one is in Queens. But if I could pre-thread my PVC these ones i already have might work. How did you thread the holes?

I got tons of tools never figured out how to do that, then again i never really tried to find out how.

G

They usually come as a set "Tap and Die" the tap is the one that cuts a thread on the I.D. or inside diameter of the hole. You can find the sets real cheap at like Harbor freight or northern tool for like $20.00.

I think these are like 5/16" tapped holes and that fits tthe thread pitch of the nozzles.

Tex

G

Hey you got a Harbor freight by you too? I thought it was just by me. I think I'm gonna go ahead and biuld me one of these. I went and bought the parts last month but never put it together. I have to be one of the worst cloners around, but give me a seed and I'll show you a fine speciman. Thats what i need tho a tap set. I love using taps. Put a screw on anything.

Blatant

filter xp

I dont know either of those stores mentioned haha, but Im sure I can find a place that has a tap set now that I know what to ask for :)

Now that's an aerocloner!

Now that's an aerocloner!

Wow, Tex! I am impressed! My fiancee will love that! He's been wanting to get a small aero-system going. I'm sure that will be our next project after remodeling the closet and finishing the C13. Now I know who to come runnin to when its time for the next project!;)

Again, great job!

Keep up the good work!

:D Freeda Green

G

They have a 4 and a 6 place unit that would be cool in a closet setup and I think you could take the plants in that setup thru the whole process. Aero is so easy and clean that I am actually thinking about going away for hydrokorrel and lava rocks to a pure aeroponics setup.

Tex

Just a note.

As an ex machinist the hole you drill will be smaller than the tapped hole. I will look up the specs and get back to you.

I got the same set up as TK and it work very well.

G

Oh yea, I didn't think about people not knowing that. I think a 5/16-18" is a #F drill, I think. but when you drill it is definately undersized from the tap size.

An ex-machinist CC, I love it, there sure are alot of ex-machinist out there. "Ex" being the operative word.

Thanks CC

Tex

G

Thanks Texas, this is just what i was looking for. Now i'm off to work. I'll check it out later, but i'm going to build one this weekend and i'll post the results.
Thanks again

Hippo

Looks good mate.
I used to use a very simalar setup but it was called "The rainforest" and if im not mistaken it was made by GH.
I imagine the one u show works the same way. I used to get some nice roots within 7 days more often than not, hardly ever lost any too.
I dont do so many clones nowadays but they are great if u need to do a good few clones in fairly short space of time.

Rainforest-system-picture.JPG

This is the one i used to use, got rid of it now though.
Goodluck.
Hippo

G

How big are those holes Hippo?

Do they have inserts?

Nice setup Hip

Tex

G

Thanks

Thanks

WoW Hippo, that's a nice unit you had there. Thanks for the picture and help. Thanks Texas for the link to your unit also. I'm going to pickup a rubbermaid container tomorrow. I'll get the misters and piping this weekend and hope to have her running by Sunday. I'm going to try to root 50 cutting of the TrainWreck and hope it works, because that's going to be my next run for everyone to see. I'll be starting a thread on the TrainWreck i have for others to see. I think 50 plants should bring in a nice yield. I'm hoping this Cloning machine works for me or i'm fucked.
Thanks everyone

G

The Trainwreck was rooted in what, 6 days not bad at all.

50 little TW babies will be no problem at all for the Aero setup.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts