What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grow space.

G

i just finished framing the new space.
It has two 4 x 4 closets side by side with the clone, mothers, and veg on one side and flower on the other.

649CIMG0013.JPG

I wiill have a 17" x 32" e&f table with a 250W mh hanging above. I will have a aeroclone 20 on a shelf with a pair of 24" agrosun flouros fixed in place about 18" above. I have a pair of 100W mh that I will use over my mothers. the layout should leave room for 6-8 5 gallon buckets for semi-permenent mother plants. I have a new portable a/c that can still sit in the corne of the space.

The flower room is 4 x 4 and I will start with a 2 x 2 e&f table in the middle with a 600W HPS Hortilux above. I will eventually jump to a 3x3 table with a 1000w hPS above. I have room at the top(9' ceilings) to put a charcoal filter in the top exhausting into the attic. When I sheet rock the center deviding wall I will put vents from the top to the bottom of the stud cavity to pull air through both rooms drawin the heat off of the ceiling in each room. I have a 440cfm fan that I will put on the charcoal filter and get a 265cfm to hook directly to the 600W air cooled reflector.
Just about done but it's been raing and I can go get sheet rock.

This weekend maybe

Tex

Last edited:

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Hell Yes

Hell Yes

I didn't do half the job your doing.
But I might need to move in a hurry.
I just slapped up a few 1x2s wedged between floor and ceiling joists. Then Mylar covered bubble packing like insulation stapped to those.

I wish I had rooms like your doing. A real Frickn DOOR.
Oh what the hell it works.
Nice work. I do infact Live, eat,and sleep with my grow. But not near the HPS of course.

How you cramming a 32 foot Eb in a 4 foot space?! A trick we'd all love to learn! :D

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
boinkadoink said:
Looks mighty fine. Is it ok to be jealous over a grow room?

Yea it's ok

A few more small grows and I'll be there. Real Doors and stuff! Give your self time. Shite I have to learn to be more patient than I am.;)

tokeAcola

Nice setup, TK. I know what you mean about the rain, it's like monsoon season here! I'm hoping it'll clear up for the weekend. Can't wait to see it with some plants in it. ;) Good luck!

G

Here is an update. I got most of the outside sheet rocking done. I am insulating the whole thing as I go. I have most of the veg side insulated and sheet rocked on the inside.

649CIMG0001.JPG

649CIMG0002.JPG

I went ahead and moved my Bluetooth and LSD seedlings out into the E&F table under the 250W mh. They were needing the regular watering schedule and nutes. Filled the res. for the first time in a month or so . I'm stoked.

649CIMG0003.JPG

They are alredy starting to look better

I'll update later

Tex

G

No worries bro. All I need is a lawn chair, a bong, some bud, and power tools. I'd be set

Tex

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Texas Kid- No brew? I would think a trip to the beach would demand a few cold Brewskies.

Nice setup. If you dont mind me asking, around how much was the lumber cost for frame?

bartender187

G

I forgot brew, that tells ya were my priorities are.

I think with lumber and sheet rock I am at like 150-160 and then $40.00 a peice for the doors another $20.00 a peice for door hardware.
$250-$275 bucks max for everything. I had some insulation left from another project so that to.

I still need to tape and bed and paint but for the most part I think it's going to be killer

Tex

G

You lucky dog, can't wait till i buy my house and I'll able to build the room I have designed. Great job, now get the 3x3 in there and max her out. :)

G

Well, You'll be set then. Very nice job, can anyone see it when they come in? Was wonder if your going to put a deadbolt or a way to lock it so no one can get in it. My grow room is going to be hiden. I'll have my brother gut out a closest in a spear room and make a false entrance to get in it. No one will ever know

G

It's not in a secret wall by any means BG.

When it's all shut up with doors closed there is no light leaks nor can you hear any of the fans, a/c or blowers. The whole setup is in a detached building at the back of my property. I have dead bolts on the building and seperate locks on each door. Plus my dogs(250lbs. of pissed off teeth, fur,and muscle) can get around the whole perimeter of the thing.

My family(wife and stepson) doesn't even go in the building, it's like my sanctuary. I've a/c, cable, a little lounge smoking area, peace, and quiet. It's really hard to beat. I had to put in an intercom system betwween there and the house just so they could find me out there when I disappear.

There is a lttle more logic that went into keeping them out of the space. It gives a scenario of what they call"plausable deniablity". If I ever get shakin down for what ever reason about my grow show they can claim they had no knowledge of what was going on in my out-building. Basically the truth.

Tex

G

Very nice, I really like the intercom system. HONEY, it's time for dinner, lollll. That is awesome Once i get a house, it will just be me, so i'll have a sercret room built that no one knows about. Well, my brother will. His the one that's going to help build it. I'm not to go at construction stuff like he is. It will be enough for two Mini Colisuems. If the house i get is to small to make it work. Then i'll go upstairs in the attic and shorten up the length with a false wall. I'll have to run a good AC and venting, but it can be done. Will have to see what happens. If Hawaii works or then i'll have a house built and will have a basement built when the house is going up. Then it's on in the basement and outside around the yard.

G

A basement would be sweet but just not a hole lot of them in Texas. This is the land of Tornado Shelters. I actually thought about gettin one put in and set it as a grow op. You can actuall get them setup with aux.power generators, filtered intake and exhaust air, water, airtight. Here in Texas it doesn't even raise an eyebrow to have one installed. Big cranes and excavators permits the whole nine yards. You just go "it's a storm shelter" everybody goes "oh" and on about their buisness.

I looked at one that was down about 15' down and had a cavity that was about 6x12 with a ladder access port at one end. Alot of people in the contry down here are buying the old fiberglass hull gas tanks that they remove from gas stations. Huge, something like 8' dia x 20' long, awesome grow setup size.

Tex