What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaving Rep w/Android tablet? help?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I got a new tablet and when I click on the scales icon to give rep I'm not able to leave a personalized message. Last time, on my old tablet, someone here helped me out and told me to click on open tab in new window but that isn't working, it just leads to a page that's blank with a tiny scale icon at top left. Running KitKat 4.4

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah there's no fix for this one, it seems. Dang it

A repair for this oversight would be much appreciated since quite a few people are "mobile only" connected to the net.

Can we mobile/tablet users get a fix for this issue please?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
All you have to do is long-press on the scale button, then open it in a new tab. I do it on my Android all the time.

al70

Veteran
Go to top right side of icmag page,option for mobile site or full site, choose full site,, try that

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No, it's an Android thing. It doesn't matter which browser app you use, doesn't matter if you select mobile site or full site, it's just not compatible with the style of coding used in vbulletin for these soft "drop down" menus. The long press is the only way I've found to work with them. Same thing goes for the search bar at the top of the page. You can click it and watch the search field reveal itself... But then tap it and watch it sort of half-disappear. If you type a search word, it will let you, but then press go, and the next screen tells you you have to enter a valid search term.

With Android OS you just have to long press certain things and open them in new tabs.

al70

Veteran
I'm using a windows phone at the moment and I thought it would work with android, on windows phone I can only add attachments when I switch to full mode, goodluck all.

Latest posts

Latest posts