What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REP counters

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
When one gives rep, via the 'did you find this post helpful' click, yes... it 'shows that some # of members counter is increased by one. if one then goes to the 'scale' to try to give rep, it doesn't let you... but if you go to the 'scale', the little drop down opens up and one can put comments and click the button and you get the 'thankyou for the rep, yadda, yadda' window but the did you find this post helpful counter is not increased but you can go and click 'yes' and the counter will be increased... what does this mean? Idono. is rep issued twice? should the rep counter at the bottom of the post increase via the drop down (scale) button? I still dono.

this is what you get with this level of 'beta testers'..:laughing::tiphat:

just buzzin'..

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
they are 2 separate features of the forum, both add to a user's reputation, but giving rep won't result in a +1 helpful post. and if you use +1 helpful button, you won't be able to rep that user again till you spread more rep around, before rep'ing the same person again (same if you already added rep to that person recently). +1 helpful post still works for same user, multiple times.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
so then when one gives 'rep' with the scale, and type in '??whatever', that poster gets one tickey in the rep column but then when I go to the 'was this post helpful' for the same post and click 'yes', it too puts a tickey in the rep column for that poster? if so, why then can one not click the 'yes' rep button and then the scale? I do understand the 'spread the rep around' scenario.

:)

I am not trying to be difficult... really.

vostok

Veteran
Why have 2 buttons in the first place.? ...make one a neg rep button ...?

(after all in economic theory, if you have a minimum wage why not a max wage too?..)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why have 2 buttons in the first place.? ...make one a neg rep button ...?

(after all in economic theory, if you have a minimum wage why not a max wage too?..)

Interesting thought!
If a minimum wage drives inflation (a weakening of a currencies purchasing power) a max wage should drive deflation (strengthening a currencies purchasing power)!

vostok

Veteran
Interesting thought!
If a minimum wage drives inflation (a weakening of a currencies purchasing power) a max wage should drive deflation (strengthening a currencies purchasing power)!

SEE! ...we need a neg rep button .....lol (joking ..lol)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
used to be a neg rep button.. as I remember it was the basis of many arguments.

Latest posts

Latest posts