What's new

8000 watts?

tragic1

Thank you very much to mybeans420, payaso, and everyone else who helped turn this thread around.

CC what kind of yield are you getting from your 9 plants? Also what size space?

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
tragic 1 check out my Med suppliers thread,i think you may find it usefull.

YH,you can pm me explaining why you started attacking me in the 1st place,i'd like to know.

Hey trajic1-

I could do better on yeild, that is not my primary concern. I averaged about 1 oz/plant on Apollo's trip. This is a tall lanky Sativa, but the quality is up there. They were in 3 gal pots in bog's soil mix. They are very uniform (4 more in veg) and I'll reveg and clone for hydro. Yeild should double.

Three Hindu Kush were grown in 1,2 & 3 gal pots. The 1 gal had maybe 3/4 oz and the 3 gal 2.5-3 oz. They're still "wet", so this is just an estimate.

I just hang the 1000 watt lite in a room. The "foot print" adequately covers about 3.5 x 3.5 ft (9 plants). My lite is in a vented hood with a 265 cfm exhaust fan. This hood does restrict, imho, the # of plants. HEAT is a major concern. It is huge going from 400 to 1000.

Six months from now I will have my dream operation. So will you!
GOOD GROWING MY FRIEND!!

Tropical Rain said:
tragic 1 check out my Med suppliers thread,i think you may find it usefull.

YH,you can pm me explaining why you started attacking me in the 1st place,i'd like to know.
I don't know what you are talking about. Don't address me TR we have NOTHING to talk about. Thought I'd save this before you edit or delete it.

Last edited:

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
son-T said:

To grow a pound a week u only need two rooms one Flower and one for clones and moms.

the main room would have 9 benches in it. U would have to know the strain u are working with real well. With my strain I would need only 4 plants on each bench to get a pound a week. 4x9= 36 plants but 18 - 600 son-t's and a couple of 600 mh in the moms room and a few flos. This system will grow much more then u have talked about.

It can and has been done.

And no I'm retired and can't be traveling round the country building super rooms anymore. Thanks anyway.

son-t

i'll add more info now that this thread is moving along again :)

Later

Last edited:

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Complied a small list of strains for "cash crop" Styled grows

Northern Lights #5 X Skunk #1
Heavy duty Fruity {BC Big Bud x Juicy Fruit Thai}
Sweet Tooth #3
Legend Ultimate Indica
BigBud x Super Skunk
Green Giant
Steve Tuck’s Salmon Creek Big Bud
White Rhino
HOG
AK47
Nirvana power plant
Northern Lights X big BuD

Later

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Re: 8000 watts?

tragic1 said:
Got a question for everybody. What is an expected yield from 8000 watts of hps. There would be 8 - 1000watt lights with 30 plants under each 1000 watter. the medium would be hydroponics, using the autopot system.

Expect a Yield of 2-3 pounds per 1000w
depending on the style of grow you do{nft,ebb flow,soil,soiless,freedom,etc,etc},and also depending on if you use soil or hydro

also factor in if you use any type of bloom boosters{i.e. "Pk 13/14" or Ozi tonic, Monsta bud, nutriboost,superbloom}

or even the highly acclaimed SuperBud by dutchmasters which blows flowers UP!

you got to have the room set up right as well...

more info,...

later

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
your going to want a lot of clones,unles your only going to do one harvest so here is :

So quicks steps to : "200+ Cuttings/10 pots/under 2wks"

Originally posted by So Quick

I'm gonna show you how to raise some mammas from cutting to produce over 200 cuts in less that 2wks...I realize everybodies growin style is different, so this time frame may vary... just put this info in your own perspective and you'll be good to go Oh and one more quick note to add..this is just a temporary way to raise mammas, for the people that need alot of cuttings in a hurry...enjoy

First you'll need a minimum of 20 clones that you'll sacrafice for quick mammas

Oh and this works best under 1000w...it has more penetration and light coverage...my choice of medium is diced rockwool...

grow them under the 1k to about day 6,they're then about the right size to give em a pinch

by the 11th day...now their ready to be stripped...I counted 10-15 cuts per plant, so a total of 20-30 cuttings can be taken per bucket, since there was 2 ladies per bucket...So now if I wanted to I could take 200-300 cuttings from just 20 cuts on the 11th day from start...just for the record...I do not plan on taking that many cuttings I am just showing how easy it is to get a bunch of clones in the least amount of time I hope yall enjoyed this..

yea i know shitty cut and paste job,a pics worth a thousand words,

basicly use 20 clones for mother plants,veg um under the 1k for a week,then pinch/top them{super cropping}.

grow them to the 11th day,or another week under the 1k,and then they will be ready to be cut up for clones.

btw,sorry the links over to OG dont work.

later

Last edited:

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Your going to want to make sure where ever your growing at with that much juice,that your "wired" up CORRECTLY.

Ventilation and cooling your going to have to cool that space with all those lights,that is a lot of heat. so you will be in need of A/C units.

your going to want to cycle the air....so how do you plan on getting rid of the smell.

Carbon Filters hooked to dayton blowers?
Ozone generators? {you can even make one at home}

but be warned about the ozone gen.s if you have them in the grow room they destroy the smell totally,your flowers will smell like nothing!

so i suggest having them hooked up to the vents going out!
and running a carbon filter in the room with a blower

goodluck,hope i was of help tragic

Later

tragic1

Thanks TR. That gave me some reading. I was wondering everyones opinion on running a waterfarm with 8 plants under each 1000w?

tragic1

TR if I am running 4 1000w in a 10 x 10 room with a 18000btu air conditioner and directly air cooling the lights, what size exhuast fan should I use?

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Apologies to all for the trolling...

Apologies to all for the trolling...

Sorry I was not able to jump in and deal with "YourHighness" any sooner. I have been traveling in the states, and been away from my own computer. Well, YourHighness seemed to be just trolling for a fight, and was incredibly rude and insulting, as I see it he broke all the forum guidelines willfully, so he is no longer able to post or PM on the boards...

I don't believe in banning people, I just won't let them participate in the fun. YourHighness may try to sign on again as another user, so be aware and PM me if anyone sees similar behavior again in the future...

Meanwhile, peace and happy growing to all of you!

~Payaso/Chris

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
tragic1 said:
Thanks TR. That gave me some reading. I was wondering everyones opinion on running a waterfarm with 8 plants under each 1000w?

isn't the waterfarm essentially bucket style {dwc} if my memory serves me? {search for "cobaltrod" at OG}

you could go into the Hydro forum and look up Krusty/Freedom grows,this is basicly the same thing. {"HyGradeChronic" is someone i remember being notorious for this style of growing},
think about it
Big tree style grows,to minimize plant count.

if plant count isn't a issue i suggest then to
use the search feature at OG look for a user "JonJaffer"
his "Stadium" set up,has a good turn around,and looks intresting.

Or search for "So Quick" or "Reaper"

you can view all of there pasts grows,they are all big,and you may just get a few ideas for different setups you wish to run.

Later

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
tragic1 said:
TR if I am running 4 1000w in a 10 x 10 room with a 18000btu air conditioner and directly air cooling the lights, what size exhuast fan should I use?

To figure this you will want to know the length,width and height of your room.

take L x W x H = CF {cubic feet}

then get a fan with a CFM rating that is in accordance with your math.

I don't know exactly what you'll need since your lights will be air cooled,you won't then need the ventilation to remove heat as well.
so basicly your just looking for air exchange.

my advice run a dayton blower that meets your CFM.
if you feel they are too loud and you won't more stealth,
then think of a silent Inline <----- they're way more exspensive but way quiter,also if you choose to go this route I'd put one on the intake vent,and one on the out.

Later

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
King said:
HDF = BC Big Bud x Killin Garberville x Mendocino Hashplant

Heavy Duty Fruity is not BC Big Bud x Killin Garberville x Mendocino Hashplant.

your thinking of something else.

Later