What's new

8000 watts?

G

Cool beans BG,

Can't wait to see a new coli demo.

Killer gowing to ya

Tex

G

The feed to waste aren't hard at all. Very easy to setup and use. The trick is to get them dialed in to the strain, once that is done. Sit back and let them grow. PH, isn't a real issue on this type of system. The one So Quick used was the older type with the misters. These system can be a pain to keep the PH just right and the nozzles from clogging also, but i'm sure i'll run into some problems on the first run. Nothing is fail safe on any type of system.
Later

PS, I would love to try a 8000 Watt grow. Could you just see the size of the grow. The trimming alone would take forever to get done. Maybe when i'm in my new house with the solar system i got plan, to offset the power bill. Still that's a large power bill for a house.

G

Watch that damn "The Green Goddess" video trailer, now that's some trimmin

Tex

G

LOlllll, your not joking. I've got help when my big stuff comes in. Got just over 100 clones outside kicking hard and will have to call up some of my brothers to help out with the load. I'll make sure to take a picture of the pile for everyone. Got these outside this year
LSD#1
NYCD
Green Giant
TrainWreck only a few.

I hope that movie will be easy to find when it comes out.

G

Can you keep stacking modules on top? like buy one mini and then add a second as you go on to more output.

I saw one of these at my hydro shop and thought they hadn't assembled a full size coli all the way. In hind sight it was a mini coli. With the vertically mounted bulbs heat buildup wouldn't be an issue because there is no top on the coli.

I really like the concept of the coli but I get stuck on plant count. 120 plants in a complex manufactured hydro setup, I don't think I would stand a chance in court with a "personal use" or "medical neccessity" defense. Granted no one plans on gettin popped but I have to think of the fallout if I do.

With 120 plant sites and 1200w worth of hps, what is the projected output per cycle? Is it an ounce per plant? more less I have no idea.

$1500.00 for an 120 site injected plastic shell and all the goodies isn't a bad deal at all.

G

I'm converting you Texas Kid, lollll. Joking, You can keep stacking them ontop of each other. The heat isn't an issue that much. You will have a fan at the bottom blowing upwards and if you have your fans up top, then they will suck out all the hot air. I think these units have alot to offer and will test them to their fullest. I do agree with you on the plant count. You can get screwed in court on this unit, but if the count isn't a problem, then your golden. As for the yield, i would think you could get an oz off of each site, but i would think at the first run 2-3lbs from 1200watts. It will also depend on the strain that your running. The NYCD that i have as a keeper, grow long hugh spears and would be awsome for this setup. I'll try to get one unit setup and do a run this winter, but like you said. 120 plants and in an apartment could be bad, but i'll see if it can be done.

G

Do just grow single main cola style or do ya top? What's the grow media?

Tex

G

Most of the time i just let the go. I get main cola's and some lower braching. The media is a mix of perlite, and husk or something like that, but i'm going to be running this stuff the company Pure Blend Pro has out. It's already mix and all you got to do is just add it. No mixing or anything, just add to the pots with the clones, very easy. Could you see 120 large ass cola's? Man, that's alot of buds and trimming. :) I'd have to buy a few cases of jars, just to store them.

G

guest123

back to the original question why dont we guys ... how is our mate gonna grow 30 plants under 1 x 1000 watts , x 8 ... thats 240 plants if my maths is still ok .... your gonna want to know the what the strain your growing is likely to fill out in flower to accurately measure your space and amount of plants , some will double in size and well outgrow that space once put to flower ... how many did you do successfully and harvest previous ???

Wally the thread didn't get a chance to go that far. Your words of wisdom may fall on a dead thread. Ask the question again after I delete my posts. Sorry about that. I was trying to teach Tragic1 about discretion and I got out of hand. I'm getting the axe for it but I'm going to delete all but 2 of my posts like I agreed to. I am a man of my word.

G

guest123

we can all fly off the handle at times i agree, shame to spoil our mates thread though and he goes off unsure of what to do and where to get the info ... im sure you guys will do the right thing , you all seem able to admit fault when its applicable and be adult at the end of it all ,,,.. lets keep the infighting to a minimum at least though as it spoils good info and makes us look silly and childish ...

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Yes, thanks for the voice of reason from down under Wally.

You've been given a good suggestion, so suggest you clean up your posts and get back on topic.

Thanks!

dg

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Closed Thread

Closed Thread

Thanks to Wally Duck and DG for trying to moderate this mess. It seems the forum members get a little too personal and get rather insulting doesn't it? I have to wonder how old these people really are, and what motivates them to spout all this insulting crap on the boards... I have noticed with amusement after meeting many of you in person, that the things you say here are not things you would say to anyone's face directly. It seems to me that the truly insulting ones are just using this forum to spout their evil BS because they are frustrated in personal life, or have mental problems. It is all too easy to bash and insult someone when they aren't there in person to defend themselves. Personally, I would participate a lot more in this forum if it wasn't filled with a bunch of whiners, backstabbers and outright liars. You the good people know I am not talking about you, it's the troublemakers I'm talking about. I would be very happy to ban the ones slinging the insults here, but banning everyone would make for a thin population. I think we all need to develop a LOT MORE TOLERANCE if we as a civilization are going to survive on this planet. I find it incredible to see a microcosm of all the world's hate, greed, petty complaints and insults represented here, in what is supposed to be a community of growers trading grow techniques and trying to be a community. Perhaps we have been visited by people claiming to be growers and who are really here to stir up trouble... even if this were true, the best course would be to ignore them and not do what they want, which is to get all upset and throw us all off course, and stop growing. After all, what is this all about?

GROWING CANNABIS, USING CANNABIS, DEVELOPING CANNABIS PRODUCTS, and CHANGING THE LAWS AROUND THE WORLD.

Peace and best wishes to all growers,
Payaso/Chris
:)

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
reopened

reopened

My friend mybeans420 wrote the following, so I have reopened the thread and given everyone the chance to clean this up. Thanks for writing me...

"8000 watts
payoso,
please don't close this thread. i have worked really hard all night to get everyone to make peace and am confident that by this time tomorrow this whole ugly mess will be behind us.
i've secured commitments from everyone who posted negative comments to delete thier off topic posts, except for tropical rain who has not yet had the opportunity to to read the PM i sent him. i am confident however, that once he does he'll follow suit and we'll be able to get back to the topic at hand... helping tragic

please don't let all my hard work be in vain. at least give me 24 hours to get everyone to remove the remaining trouble posts.

PLEASE, i didn't sleep last night because i was working on this.
all the while my goal being to make sure this very thing didn't happen.

thanks for your consideration,
beans

I hope we can all be diplomatic peaceful people like beans, thanks again for being part of this place...

Peace,
Chris/Payaso

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
mybeans

mybeans

payaso said:
we'll be able to get back to the topic at hand... helping tragic

More people read these and get help than just the original poster. How many read and never post a single thing?

We are all helped when intresting questions are answered, even though most remain unseen.

So thanks tragic for asking, and thanks to those who may end up finally helping all of us glean some new information.

I run one 1000 watt lite. I don't top, sog, I just let them grow. I can only get 9 plants under the lite. Clones are bushier and it gets really crowded. I'm only interested in a variety of strains for personal use.

Krusty's (gulp) system for 8K watts may be worth a look.