What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ozone Gernerator?

G

Was wondering how big of a room will a Ozone gererator that is rated for 5500 cubic feet good for in standard feet? Just trying to figure out if it will be enough for my room. I'm also going to run a cycle timer on it, so i won't over do it. I'm running a big carbon filter and it still smells up my place. Going to run the generator inside the growroom and hit the exhaust with carbon as it leaves the room. This should do the trick, i'm running a 8x10 flowering room.
Thanks

billy whizz

in my experience
please do not put an ozone generator inside your grow room.

first, the plants don't like it too much, it's easy to see ozone burn around.
second, you have to work in there and you shouldn't be breathing that stuff too much.
third, it won't work :( - ozone can be a very powerful deodorizer, and under exactly the right conditions, it is. but your growroom is (i hope) a humid place. and humidity massively inhibits ozone's effectiveness. commercial systems that use ozone to clean air also include very powerful inline dehumidifiers. and you can' afford one of them - believe me, i've looked into it :)

good carbon filters should work 100%. if they don't something needs looking at.
are they rated to match your exhaust fan? a filter should be rated at 20% less than the fan, this takes into account power loss caused by the filter.
how old is the filter? carbon needs replacing periodically..
and what kind of carbon does it contain? not all activated carbon is the same. my supplier goes to great trouble to get the best stuff and the difference is there for all to smell. or not to smell i should say :)

in one way this isn't helpful advice, i hope i don't sound on a downer. just hoping you can benefit from some of my shitty experiences. buy a top of the line, correctly sized carbon filter and it will work 100%

bw

billy whizz

oh yeah
if you wanna work out the cubic feet of your growspace you just need to do length x width x height. as long as everything you put in is in feet, the answer will be in feet.
bw

G

Thanks, been really stone. Just got done trimming up some LSD#1 and this stuff is awsome. I think my carbon is spent and i need to replace it. Have the complete unit from discount-hydro, vortex 6" with filter. I'm going to look at it and see what i might need to change. I have a walk in closet, very big and i leave the door open all the time, but i have plastic taped up so it seals the room off, but i leave a 2x2' opening to get fresh air in. I think my problem might be my veg box. It's in my bedroom and i have no odar protection for that and that migh be my problem. I've been growing some much lately. My nose can't smell the odar anymore, and always at work or school. Someone will ask if i been puffing. I'm going to replace the carbon and see if that clears it up. I can't remember when i got the unit so i can't remember how old it is. I know it's not 6 months old, but would it need replacing after about three months. I might be that old now. I'll let you know more tomorrow after i look at things. Here a link to the unit i have.

I have this unit complete
OdorVent 12 w/6" Vortex Blower SAVE $20.00!
http://www.discount-hydro.com/odorcontrol.asp

G

Im sorry Captain Canibus, I don't understand what your saying. Whatever i want to use, is that it? I might run both, but i'm going to change out the carbon and tape off my area better and see what that does, but i'm going to still need a ozone generator for harvest for outside. Will have a shitload of yeild and will need to get rid of the odar, but i'll see what happens. Still need all the help i can get.
Thanks everyone

billy whizz

don't get me wrong, ozone's great stuff, just hard to use effectively
ime there are just two things you need for good odor control - negative pressure and good carbon filters
i just remembered something i didn't mention before - are your exhaust fans on constantly or intermittently?
if they are not on constantly this is a big problem for odor control. ideally you need a fan controller that allows you to set both the desired temperature plus the minimum speed.. that way the fans keep sucking and all air is forced through the filter and you don't have to worry about the room being perfectly sealed..
good luck
billy