What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

ctg

Veteran
The frost is def a rare gem, others may be out there but this is guaranteed the real deal, came from the source of all Molokai Frost seed stock with blessings to proliferate.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Good to see them still going i remember when they were first posted and shared i was a bit surprised to not see people still grow them.

You guys even cross the MF to a nice local sativa.

Good work DB[/QUOTE
Yes but nothing to speak of on results. The best cross I did was to a Colombian /chem. I lost all the seeds during a 3 week power outage.
It was great. My son called it Shadow Frost Here is a pic from my alum.
picture.php

picture.php

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Got some Swazi seeds from that era going now, originally from Kalapana side.

Show some pics when you can please.
my oldest learned to swim at Kalapana behind the church , and when it was rainy everywhere else we would go play volley ball in sunny Kalapana.
One day I'm going to do a recreation of some old 80's Puna strains. One is Swazi x Affie I got the Affie It came from 78 collection forget the province. I have some Swazi but never tried it yet. Might have the time now.lol Aloha DB

Lolo94

Show some pics when you can please.
my oldest learned to swim at Kalapana behind the church , and when it was rainy everywhere else we would go play volley ball in sunny Kalapana.
One day I'm going to do a recreation of some old 80's Puna strains. One is Swazi x Affie I got the Affie It came from 78 collection forget the province. I have some Swazi but never tried it yet. Might have the time now.lol Aloha DB

I have a thread entitled Swazi (Lower Puna IBL) going where I was planning to do a small open pollination reproduction on select branches.. I have a couple pics of the plants outdoors in Puna and indoors under LEDs. No longer home so the conditions are not ideal. Unfortunately, after just sexing the last one, all plants ended up female.
Hopefully there won't be any mahus as it's the first time doing it indoors.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yes but nothing to speak of on results. The best cross I did was to a Colombian /chem. I lost all the seeds during a 3 week power outage.
It was great. My son called it Shadow Frost Here is a pic from my alum.

The cross looked really nice DB i think a MF x Thai would be a great cross and something like was seen in the 70s.

ctg

Veteran
My fav phenos of the frost are the viney phenos and carry a heavy Thai influence

ctg

Veteran
Flyinhaw

Flyinhaw

Thank you for sharing brother.
It’s def one of my fav I’ve grown from the islands

Lolo94

A few indoor grown Swazi plants (first time). Lower Puna IBL originally from the 80s.

Attachments

• Swazi Day 82-B.jpg
    Swazi Day 82-B.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Swazi Day 82-A.jpg
    Swazi Day 82-A.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 39

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Are any of the Old Hawaiian Sativa lines like Blood or Maui still out there ?.

I remember watching this 60 minuets program in the late 70s early 80s of a Nam vert in Maui that was growing 6 plus meter Maui sativas.

I was lucky to find some Maui seed in some imported Maui in the early 80s that strain was amazing.

The Blood was meant to be one of the ancestors rumored to be a Thai x.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Are any of the Old Hawaiian Sativa lines like Blood or Maui still out there ?.

I remember watching this 60 minuets program in the late 70s early 80s of a Nam vert in Maui that was growing 6 plus meter Maui sativas.

I was lucky to find some Maui seed in some imported Maui in the early 80s that strain was amazing.

The Blood was meant to be one of the ancestors rumored to be a Thai x.

Mr.Greengenes Cherrybomb is a Maui from '78

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
You said in Haze thread that your Maui was a Hash plant.

Little history about Cherrybomb

A NYC dealer friend of mine found a few seeds in a LB of Maui Wowee about '78. He let me look through the rest of the LB and we found a total of 7. I forget the ratio, but in those days I was getting hip to my present methods, so I used all the boys and saved seeds from all the ladies. There was a bit of variation. My favorite plant was a high yielding, beautiful red stemmed, cherry lifesaver tasting plant I named Cherry Bomb.

I didn't backcross, but I did save the original CB plant for a few years to help in comparisons for future generations. I'm not certain, but I think CB is around F20 to F22 now. Inbred all the way, no outcrosses in 32 years. Because I included as many suitable plants as possible in each generation, I maintained enough variation to improve quite a few traits over time. CB is at least as high yielding now, probably more. It's more potent now, but the potency hides some of the nice fruity flavor. Bud structure is improved. CB was always a very tough, hardy, easy to grow strain. Sort of the ideal beginner strain. The 'last one standing' so to speak. I think it's even tougher now than it was, if that's possible.