What's new

Finally time to build my growbox

teddynugent

I've been out of the grow scene for too long now. I had a beautiful crop of Super Silver Haze going. I started them in Nov.03. I injured my leg real bad at the end of Dec though and I had the whole damn crop die! I couldn't get to them to water:mad: So, its been 3+ months that I havn't been able to plant anything cause my usual spot was and is still inaccessable to me.

Anyway, finally after 3 months of waiting, my first disability check came. They screwed me though, and I only got about half of what I should have. I will get the rest, but it's going to be a hassle. So, as of now I have about $400 to spend.

I am going to buy 2 Mill's Pride C22 cabinets and attach them back to back. This will give me about a 4x4ft. area to grow.
So, I was hoping you guys could help me to put together my shopping list. I have to kind of stick to the essentials for the moment, and I will piece together all the cool little gadgets I want as my disability checks come in. Here's what I have so far:

-1 400wt. MH
-PPM meter
-a ton of 4ft. flouros
-1 50wt. HID (not sure if its MH or HPS)

I have more grow equip/ around, like a couple aeroflo60's and some 1000wt. lights. The lights are in use by a friend though, and the aeroflo's do me no good right now cause I can't set them up anywhere where I'd be able to access them. That is why I am going with a grow cabinet. I gotta get something going. I hate being without pot/plants. You gotta have something to do in this boring ass town, and growing is what I choose. It's the best hobby out there!

I was considering selling one of the aeroflo's, or trading it for a nice growbox or something else that would be worth it for me. The aeroflo60's go for over $1000 w/tax, so it'd have to be a reasonable trade. But for now, I'm just gonna use my money and get things going NOW. I am still open to possible trade/sale ideas cause I plan on getting another couple cabinets going when I have the $$.

Anyway, if you guys could help me put together my shopping list, I'd really appreciate it. I need to find some places to get the equipment as cheap as possible cause the less I spend, the more stuff I'll be able to buy (obviously, right?).

If you have cheap sources for fans and lights etc., please share.
I think I am going to run my 400wt.MH for bloom since I allready have it sitting here. As of right now, I was also planning to buy a 430wt. HPS w/the horti bulb to run with the MH for bloom. That would give me about 51wts./sq.ft. I need to decide how to run them though, so they don't bake the damn plants. Should I go with cool tubes, or air-cooled reflectors? I am open to any ideas.
Growing in such a small space is new to me, so any pointers would also be helpful.
Do you guys think I should go w/soil or hydro? I'd like to grow hydro, but I am afraid I won't be able to cahnge the water in the reservoir. Is there an easy hydro method you can recommend?

Well, thanks in advance for any help.

chemicalburn

Good priced Dayton fan... 465 CFM
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId=1611769254

Cheap lighting (at the bottom of the page)
http://www.insidesun.com/index.php?action=category&id=2&subid=1

If you get the above lights, you could cool tube the lights and still use the reflectors..

Site with generally good priced stuff
http://discount-hydro.com/

I'd go with soil... Start out with say 8 plants in one gallon pots, weed out the males and have 4 in 3 gallon pots for flowering...

Just make sure the plants dont grow too wide, and they shouldn't become too crowded...

Theres always the option of SCROG too...

You could start your seeds, sex them, clone them and use the good genetics for an authentic SCROG.

teddynugent

Good looks chemicalburn. Thanks for the info and links. I'd give you karma, but I can't figure out how. Can you even give/recieve karma at IC?

I was thinking about a scrog grow, but with my knee injury I don't know how easy it'd be to get them all trained under the screen. I guess if I can bend over to water them I'd probably be able to scrog em. I think I'll just stick to what I know and just top and train as usual.

Again, thanks for the info

-Teddy

teddynugent

Damn, that place you listed has a ton of blowers! Most seem to be priced very reasonable too. There's so many different ones, it makes it hard to choose. Do you know why some of the lower CFM blowers are the same price and even more expensive than some higher CFM blowers? Also, do you know what style fan/blower would be the quietest running?

Thanks,

-Teddy

chemicalburn

Nope there's no karma here at IC Mag...

Do you know why some of the lower CFM blowers are the same price and even more expensive than some higher CFM blowers?

The only place I see this is when going between the Dayton and Vortex fans... And the reason there is because they are totally different.

Vortex fans are very quiet running..... They work well to, and have minimal vibration...

The biggest noise factor is the whooshing of air as it leaves your vent...

Amazin420

Hey...chem I have A Q's How do you get one of those fans with out being a company? That would me out alot thanks.
~Peace Amazin420~

chemicalburn

What are you talking about?

Are you talking about the links I posted?

I've never heard that you have to "be a company" (I assume you mean work for/own a business) to order a fan online :rolleyes:

G

Grainger is typically a buisness to buisness sales not to an individual.
As far as I know you could not just walk into a Grainger outlet and buy something over the counter as an individual with no affiliation with a company or buisness that qualifies. I deal with them daily so I haven't experienced it . I did however see them refuse a sale while I was there because a guy was trying to buy from them as an individual

I'm not sure about the web site though or other states

Tex Kid

chemicalburn

Ahh I see...

I never noticed this before as I've never tried to order from there...

Its funny though, I've seen people say they've ordered stuff from grainger before...

I guess they must have had an employer with an account... :rolleyes:

sorry...

Second cheapest to that I know of is the one on Discount Hydro

http://discount-hydro.com/ventilation.asp
$89.95