What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Locking Mason Jars

Where the hell do I find these things...I don't have a Walmart in my area...believe it or not.

I tried on Ebay and they only had antique ones which are cool but I want the seals to be as airtight as possible ya know.

Do they make new ones anymore?

hyperseth

i use a twenty dollar manual vacuum sealer on normal canning jars. it rocks.

search for "pump n seal", i'm going to make a post dedicated to it soon.

hyperseth

boy you learn quick.

glad i could point you in that direction, it'll be a hundred times more satisfying than a locking jar,

rasputen

Dollar General

Dollar General

Just for the future data miners of this thread.:rolleyes:
(ok,OG is down & I don't watch TV!!!)

Whatever works for you, works for you. Just some ideas.

For curing I like the 'wire hinged, glass top w/gasket(flip~top) for ease of opening .

Tho they are notoriously hit & miss on the stock, Dollar General in US has some nice green ones from time to time.

They also have some SWEET clear jars w screw on lids.
Look for the "Golden Harvest" jars, with Golden Harvest logo in the glass. They come in 2 sizes, Indica is the small size & Sativa for those Double D's (DD's) sativa septers.:rolleyes:

I buy WideMouth Ball canning jars @ Kroger by the case.

I use the flip top's for first week or 2 of opening & perversly inhaling her scent :eek: ...I digress....

Then into the acrylic vac canister for weekly lusty savor. :cool:

For storage I am using Ball WIDE MOUTH quarts with a Food Saver~Jar Sealer. These are new with lids & screw on rings.

Whatever sealer/vac unit you get as long as it has the external vacuum port you are set. I hate the bags cause it compresses the budz.

All the Jars/canisters/Food Saver come with a tube that fits their product & your product.

Pictures of what I have.....

Vacuum Canisters
1139JARZ1.jpg

Glass Jarz!
1139JARZ2.jpg

Last edited:

zunny

Rasputen, I couldn't agree with you more. I like those green jars with the locking lids from Dollar General. :)

I also store cured herb in the disposable tupperware. I put the whole tub in a bag and then vaccum seal it. Stored in the freezer, lasts a couple of years...

rasputen

Thank You both,

I knew I had all this stuff (& a hell of a lot more) sittin' in a closet.
Thank the Sativa side of the yin-yang for gettin' me off my ass to take the pictures. :D