What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Zealand next to legalize?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Are you from NZ? If so, I hope it works out well for you and my Kiwi friends...

I visited NZ in 1985, and spent a month exploring the two big islands and fly fishing for trout almost every day!

My best buddy went there with me, and he was the one of the biggest pot smokers I've ever known... and that's saying a lot!
We looked for some weed to smoke everywhere we went..
About the only place we had any luck to score was in Greymouth, on the south island. And it was also the shittiest little town we saw the entire time there..

We met a guy at the Tongariro river, who became a good friend to us... He invited us to spend a couple days at his home in Wellington. But Gordy was a pisshead..
And one of the greatest men I have ever met in all my travels... Gordy had no idea where we could get any weed, but we had a great time with him,
pubcrawling thru Wellington with him for several nights.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you down under.. You'll have weed to smoke and damn fine beer to drink!:biggrin:

Unfortunately not. I live in Germany close to the dutch border, but I watch carefully all the countries round the world legalizing. There are also many discussions about legalization in Germany, but as long as ugly Merkel and her corrupt party rules there will be no legalization in Germany. Lucky Kiwis.

I'm from NZ, i doubt it'll happen. They will hold a referendum, public will vote against it. Even if the public vote for it, it won't be binding. I'm not holding my breath..

Medicinal won't be far off, but recreational is anyone's guess

Also weed is piss easy to find here now. I guess a lot has changed since 1985 :biggrin:

Gry

"On the flip side, I also have concerns around young people accessing a product which can clearly do harm and damage to them."

Ardern said she wanted to hear the view from New Zealanders and figure out the correct wording for the referendum before taking a stance.