What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the longest high?

therevverend

Veteran
White Widow is great smoke, potent as anything. Doesn't have the gassy ranky smells that sells these days. Doesn't have as big of a yield as today's popular stuff. Never was a big cash crop strain. White Russian was a good one but also lacks a distinctive odor. Both were awesome hashplants. Had beautiful silver resin that made great cream colored hash.
The white is the modern equivalent of these strains and isn't a big commercial strain for the same reasons. Comes up in a lot of crosses because it passes frost to the progeny.

CanadaDank

High or stone?

Strongest high goes to Neville’s cut of Neville’s Haze based on the most testimonies I’ve heard.
Strongest stone prob goes to 91 Hollywood Pure Kush aka Topanga Canyon Pure Kush based on the most testimonies I’ve heard.

Other cuts ppl talk about a lot for strongest buzzes are: Triangle Kush, Chem D, Chem de la Chem, A-dub, Herijuana (or maybe Herojuana, can’t remeber which), and many more that I can’t think of atm.

bigbadbiddy

I would definitely grow PPP over any Karma strain. Not totally slamming Karma because there is good weed to be found but I'll take the PPP over any of their offerings.

PPPView Image

Dayum.

Call that an endorsement.

Pulling the seeds out of the freezer and moving them to the fridge...

I put my faith in you Lester ;)

@therevverend
I agree with most you said but White Widow was definitely a cash crop in the Netherlands back when I lived there.
It was usually the "cheap and good" option for most shops. Most regular/daily stoners bought white widow as it offered the most bang for your buck.

May have been a certain clone or pheno but if it wasn't a cash crop, high yielder, short flowering type, they wouldn't have sold it so cheap.

So at least in one point in time and at least in one country, it was definitely a cash crop. It was grown for no other reason.

Because I distinctively remember myself and so many others complaining that while potent, the high is somewhat unpleasant or just not so top notch.

aquavitae

never had a direct side by side, but know the PPP and karmas headbanger quite well... totally different weed imo cannot really compare, except that id go with karma over nirvana for s.u.r.e.

longest high? something without a ceiling could be your best bet.
from personal experience: destroyer. that stuff still felt it the next day. no ceiling ,higher with every bowl, to a point were it can get slightly uncomfortable even for hardcore potheads. total headhigh that lasts for hours and really hours, not a unsatisfying 20 min flash.

to the PPP we had the tolerance build up was extremely fast, like 2-3 weeks. probably our mistake.

hope that helps

AV :)

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Did a cob of Zamaldelica, and while it smoked well to great effect,
I ate some, chewed and well macerated, about the size of a pea,
and was high for the whole day, six or seven hours.

The next best was budder I made from some Sensi Star,
baked brownies, lasted four or five hours.

Cannabis is quite versatile.

bigbadbiddy

I think when you include edibles, the whole game changes massively.

i would say consuming as an edible adds several hours to a "trip" no matter what strain. It not only gets absorbed into your bloodstream slower than through the lungs, it also seems to move through it slower and leave your system slower.

While smoking has given me a high lasting anywhere from 2-5 hours, edibles I would rather put in the 4-8 hours range.

/Edit
Not wanting to be a party pooper but my personal feeling on the subject is that this is all way too subjective and memory, confirmation bias, etc. etc. all play a huge role in these personal, anecdotal comparisons/ratings.
It is my believe that until these things are quantified and tested scientifically, even our own opinions and experiences on the matter are not very representative of the actual state of things.

Like I just mentioned with edibles adding several hours to a "trip" to me. That might not be entirely true because I made most of my experiences with edibles when I was younger and was not smoking more than once a week maybe.
Now that I am smoking regularly/daily, edibles might not have that long of an effect on me and even though I recently consumed them and could have just read the clock to see, I did not and just assumed it was along the lines of my previous experiences when I was younger, in terms of duration.

Know what I mean? We can trick ourselves in these things and it is all anecdotal and kind of meaningless. We need a scientific approach to these things. Measuring the concentration of cannabinoids in the blood, determining what concentration constitutes being "high" (maybe dependant on size, weight, etc.) and measuring after what time these levels are crossed etc. etc.

Then we are talking.

But "Science" is busy with creating GMO cannabis to make sure the "right" people profit from it so I feel this won't be happening any time soon.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I don't really like this narrative and from personal experience can call bullshit on it already.

Have to concede that I only flowered 1 female from Karma and 2 females from Ace, while I have flowered around 15 from Mr. Nice.

But I have had a little taste of all 3.

2 Ace Old Killer Malawi from their breeder's pack and 1 White OG V2.0 from Karma to be exact.
You can say what you want, I was just telling the truth, while trying to be diplomatic.

I have grown hundreds of Ace seeds and a good hundred of Karma Genetics seeds and a couple or MNS Limited Edition Mango x SSH and Neville x (Mango or ssh, cant remember)

I also live in a bit of a MJ epicenter and am lucky enough to spent 5 or 10 hours a week chatting to fellow growers, some of whom are on here. So I get to hear quite a lot of first hand feedback from people and form my opinons based on that.
The Critical Mass and Northern Lights x Skunk from Mr. Nice were waaaay better than the White OG from Karma.
Again you are entitled to your own opinion, I doubt 1 in 100 people would agree with you and I do not believe that a single one of 400 CSCs in the city would agree with you either
And the Mango Haze from Mr. Nice was on par if not better than the Old Killer Malawi from Ace.

Granted, the sample size is small and I plan to run both Karma and Ace gear again and next time in much larger numbers (around 40 each) but for now, with a limited sample size, this narrative is just bullshit.

And it gets repeated over and over and over.

Which I find particularly amusing as one of the super hyped breeders', Ace, whole modus operandi is to get "back to the roots" and rework/update the strains from yesteryear and adapt them to indoor growing etc.

Does anyone else even notice this?
On the one hand they hype Ace for going back to the roots and reworking/conserving all the good stuff from yesteryear that was so much better than the crossed to shits stuff you get now but on the other hand all the old strains are crap and can't compare to the new chemdawg genetics OG this or that.

Ridiculous.
So, the real reason for this is just a political point that your favourite seed co is not getting enough rep because people are hyping ACE and Chem/OG lines ?

Nobody hypes ACE, least of all themselves. They do not rework/conserve anything of yesteryear, apart from Old Timer's Haze.. if you took the time to read their pages you would have realised that there are FAR superior NLD plants available.

Like I said, I got a first taste of each and I went with the classic, MRN Critical Mass, to first pop a large number of seeds (~50), because it was the one that looked best out of them all and also the one that smoked best.

Could be I need to go through more phenos but I actually only had 1 Critical Mass lady flowered and she was just better than both the one White OG and the two Malawi.

So this narrative is just that.

From all my happy experiences with KG, (there are many here who know more than me about his lines) I would have said that WhiteOG is high up the list of "fire in every seed" lines, you wont find much less than excellent there, several banks offer it and it is meant to be one of the best pairings of that bunch.

S

sourpuss

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ArthurTri

never had a direct side by side, but know the PPP and karmas headbanger quite well... totally different weed imo cannot really compare, except that id go with karma over nirvana for s.u.r.e.

longest high? something without a ceiling could be your best bet.
from personal experience: destroyer. that stuff still felt it the next day. no ceiling ,higher with every bowl, to a point were it can get slightly uncomfortable even for hardcore potheads. total headhigh that lasts for hours and really hours, not a unsatisfying 20 min flash.

to the PPP we had the tolerance build up was extremely fast, like 2-3 weeks. probably our mistake.

hope that helps

AV :)

Never tried destroyer. I'm quite tempted after reading that.