What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Clear .............Thread!

cryptop

I've seen lots of people claiming to be consultants of this process to make The Clear or more specifically Thc distillate and let me tell you that it's a pretty penny to have a person walking you through. I heard of one business place charging $4000 for a 1 day class!

Yeah that's insane. I know summit research apparently trains people for free, I'd assume there are other sellers/whatever that do too?

LostTribe

Premium user
This is wat da Heel I'm Taakin a'bout!

picture.php

mobin

well i got some results. ran a little bit of material and got this on the first pass.

1zbv2fo.png

2gtvnr6.png

i was just happy to get a result with my budget equipment and a few grams of poopy bho i cleaned a lil.

i was a little gunshy with my heating controller and think i went too slowly at first.
if the lightest fractions have to boil away before the temperature rises at the head so how do you determine how much to heat it without degrading faster? i feel i have some more basics to uncover.

i ran some hot water (45-50c) through the condenser, should i run it hotter to keep things moving along faster?

im gonna try moving some copper around a heating coil to make a moldable (ive got some funny shaped hammers) heating block i can run with my pid controller/probe.

the hotplate/sand worked well with the pid, no problem getting up to temps just needed more auto tuning for the overshoot. i wanna macgyver something cool and funtionable

so i take it from here i would then redistill this here stuff and get cleaner separation?
ive got a couple cows, thinkin of gettin another head so i can have a 1-2 setup.

learning or tryin to i think.

LostTribe

Premium user
well i got some results. ran a little bit of material and got this on the first pass.

View Image
View Image

i was just happy to get a result with my budget equipment and a few grams of poopy bho i cleaned a lil.

i was a little gunshy with my heating controller and think i went too slowly at first.
if the lightest fractions have to boil away before the temperature rises at the head so how do you determine how much to heat it without degrading faster? i feel i have some more basics to uncover.

i ran some hot water (45-50c) through the condenser, should i run it hotter to keep things moving along faster?

im gonna try moving some copper around a heating coil to make a moldable (ive got some funny shaped hammers) heating block i can run with my pid controller/probe.

the hotplate/sand worked well with the pid, no problem getting up to temps just needed more auto tuning for the overshoot. i wanna macgyver something cool and funtionable

so i take it from here i would then redistill this here stuff and get cleaner separation?
ive got a couple cows, thinkin of gettin another head so i can have a 1-2 setup.

That looks fantastic is this your first attempt?

mobin

That looks fantastic is this your first attempt?

Thanks! No 2nd try. 1st attempt i learned the value of good vacuum and a reliable gauge. Cbn and charcoal were all i got.

I learned some stuff and got some great guidance here and its working now. Im still figuring it out. This was a test of a few grams of bho filter/flask residues to see if i could get it to work and it did! Tastes like a joint paper but potent as i can tell. Im going to redistill it in the next run.

Still learnin.

KDT

I've seen lots of people claiming to be consultants of this process to make The Clear or more specifically Thc distillate and let me tell you that it's a pretty penny to have a person walking you through. I heard of one business place charging $4000 for a 1 day class!

Yes, Xtractor Depot charges a ridiculous amount for their "class". Another place in Salem does as well. Don't waste your time, all of the info is here and frankly people here have a much better understanding of the process than the crew at XD. As stated earlier in this post, we should all have access to the same info if we so choose to take the time to actually learn it. Just seeing someone do it will certainly teach you some things, but not nearly as much as doing the footwork yourself. Also, you can get by with gear at a much lower cost than these places will try and sell you.

Yes, Xtractor Depot charges a ridiculous amount for their "class". Another place in Salem does as well. Don't waste your time, all of the info is here and frankly people here have a much better understanding of the process than the crew at XD. As stated earlier in this post, we should all have access to the same info if we so choose to take the time to actually learn it. Just seeing someone do it will certainly teach you some things, but not nearly as much as doing the footwork yourself. Also, you can get by with gear at a much lower cost than these places will try and sell you.
Yeah a bad aspect of taking a class is that you will forget most of what was said until you start to experience it yourself. Not the case when you've been through it before.
The kits we sell is very reasonably priced and comes with tutorials and customer support to help guide you through the process.
For those who want to learn in person I am working on on putting together a class on short path distillation. If the class only covers short path distillation then it will be priced at roughly $1,000, but I am considering adding more content with a second day.
The class would cover

• short path distillation
  • winterization (with advanced filtration techniques)
  • Terpene extraction (add your native terpene profile back to your distillate)
  • Post purification techniques (ultra clear product)

View Image
View Image

Let me know what you need and your budget and I'll find you a good solution for your heating mantle/stirrer

KDT

Yeah a bad aspect of taking a class is that you will forget most of what was said until you start to experience it yourself. Not the case when you've been through it before.
The kits we sell is very reasonably priced and comes with tutorials and customer support to help guide you through the process.
For those who want to learn in person I am working on on putting together a class on short path distillation. If the class only covers short path distillation then it will be priced at roughly $1,000, but I am considering adding more content with a second day.
The class would cover

It sounds like you're going at it in the right way, I didn't mean to over-generalize. 1k for a proper class with proper guidance, is fair for everyone.

I'm in the bay as well, I'll have to stop in sometime and see what you carry. Is your storefront open?

Yeah that's insane. I know summit research apparently trains people for free, I'd assume there are other sellers/whatever that do too?

Summit charged me $1k for the class after I bought the system. It went over good filtration techniques and provided a great insight to all the components needed to process and distill.

My lab is close to up and running and once it is I will post updates on my progress.

cryptop

Summit charged me $1k for the class after I bought the system. It went over good filtration techniques and provided a great insight to all the components needed to process and distill.

My lab is close to up and running and once it is I will post updates on my progress.

That makes more sense they charged you after lol... still around a 1/4th of the price of other classes.

It sounds like you're going at it in the right way, I didn't mean to over-generalize. 1k for a proper class with proper guidance, is fair for everyone.

I'm in the bay as well, I'll have to stop in sometime and see what you carry. Is your storefront open?
Yeah we will have some stuff up for display soon. Give me a call or email before you plan to head over.

The class would cover

I would be willing to pay this price for a 2 day course. Seems like a very fair price. I would have to travel from Arizona but it would be worth the trip. What day/month were you trying to have this class?

I would be willing to pay this price for a 2 day course. Seems like a very fair price. I would have to travel from Arizona but it would be worth the trip. What day/month were you trying to have this class?
Still deciding on the dates.
The material would probably be covered in one day and would include short path distillation and winterization.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Given how much I've heard of brothers and sisters paying for than information in this neck of the woods ($20K), that is a more than fair price for short path process training and hands on experience at a single location, within reasonable travel distance.

To get started on short path fractional distillation and THCa crystal production, Skunk Pharm Research biotech Pharmer Joe researched at multiple locations in the US and parts of Canada. His transportation and lodging alone was multiples of $1K, completely aside from tuition expenses.

Roji

Given how much I've heard of brothers and sisters paying for than information in this neck of the woods ($20K), that is a more than fair price for short path process training and hands on experience at a single location, within reasonable travel distance.

To get started on short path fractional distillation and THCa crystal production, Skunk Pharm Research biotech Pharmer Joe researched at multiple locations in the US and parts of Canada. His transportation and lodging alone was multiples of $1K, completely aside from tuition expenses.

:) It was great hosting him...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:) It was great hosting him...

And he had nothing but good things to say about the illuminating experience! Thanks for the leg up brother Roji!

Hee, hee, hee, ah am supprised that ya'll would readily let the rascal into Canada and out agin!

mobin

i've got a question.

just ran me an ounce of cheap shatter. got about 22g of distillate in the receiver.

first pass is difficult to fraction so 2nd passes are required to get a better product, from what I've read at least.

so now i've gotta clean everything and start fresh correct? lest I end up with nasties from the initial run.

i was thinking i'd heatgun (thx G.W.) the remaining dist down to the rx flask, then disassemble and clean my glassware then setup and re-run.....

I have a feeling i'm in for a surprise of some sorts, leaving me apprehensive to run it again until I gain assurance from an outside source.....

is there any special considerations for the additional runs?

thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts