What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250watt Stealth Medical Cabinet

darrinjefferson

im doin real good Ghost. i just got back from lake tahoe, it was my first time and it was amazing. what a beautiful place.
i cant wait to see some shots of your cab in action.
now that i am back and will be for awhile i have started my grow. soaked the seeds and put them in paper towels. less than 16 hours later i already got one the popped. i am doing a mix of my free beans cascadia and some other seeds one of which i have grown and the others not. could be growing quite a few different strains here real soon. i am going to start a grow diary in a few days once they grow more.
i also went to the local hydro store and bought some new nutes. they are from botanicare. progrow ,probloom ,liquid karma, and i got something called oregonism. its local and it puts bacteria on the roots that help them alot and is suppose to give amazing results. i will also be getting a special flower booster that is 0-4-0 and is mostly bat guano. it suppose to beef up the plants and make em taste even better.

i also just picked up my new fan. its an elicent 309cfm. cost me 240. not bad. now all i need is the light and i will be golden.

well thats it for me. time to get my seeds in some cups.
later ghost

O

OG Royal Grower

Damn Ghost thats impressive pulling 7ozs every harvest! A+
Peace,
OGRG

DoAWooA

Last edited:

mvp4sho

Copy Cat

Copy Cat

I have tried to follow your design for my own grow cabinet. I didn't pay enough attention so I have made some changes not on purpose, but I'm not a DIY kind of guy.

Now my question for all is what do I do for my main light?

I was going to go with the changeable bulb system 250 watt hps/mh and swap out the bulbs when it is time, BUT I don't live near any hydro shop and I don't like having things mailed to my address. So I called around and found a hydro shop a couple of hours away and was asking for a 250 watt light and they were stearing me toward the T5 2ftx2ft 8 blub lamp. Both are almost the same cost. I know about the heat difference. I have read that the T5 runs much cooler and I wouldn't have to have the 2 extra holes in the top of my box for the air cooled hood that The Ghost has done. Very nice cab by the way ghost. I know that the T5 will only have 16,000 illums but it would be both blue and red rays. I was going to go with 4 of each bulbs. I have been smoking for years and have been spoiled by living almost in Canada, but I have recently moved to the south and it is hard to come by. It seems that everyone out here would rather take a pill or smoke blunts of brick weed. So here I am a non DIY person fumbling around a stealth cab.

Please help it is hard to tell if the information I am getting that is stearing me toward the T5 is by the manufacturs of the T5 or it is actually the one to go with in such a small grow space. I am getting my Hydro drip DWC system and a cloning system delivered to my wifes family's house and it isn't here yet, but as soon as it gets here I will post more pics.

Thanks Guys

darrinjefferson

i talked alot with ghost about his setup..i would def go with the 250 watt hps. to get the best yield in this space you will need it.

mvp4sho

Darrinjefferson - Why do you think the HPS is so much better? Have you ever tried the T5 or knew anyone that has any experience. I was hoping to have it easier with the T5 because of the heat of the HPS.

Also how do you put a pic under your name?

Thanks again

darrinjefferson

well if you read through ghost thread you see that he got like 6-7 oz off of a 250watt.
i dont think that would be possible with a t-5
that and a 250 is pretty cheap too.

mvp4sho

I did read this whole thread and several others. Still I haven't ran across anyone that has any experience with T5. I was about to buy a 250 watt but liked the benefits of the other. I have found lots of information on the subject but I can't tell if it is from the manufacturers of the T5 lamps or just studies.

So here I am with the same question.

I have read that I would need 2000-3000 illum per squar foot of grow area. The T5 has 16000 lumens with the 8 bulbs. This web site even rates this at 23200 lumens
http://www.bchydro.com/business/investigate/investigate6020.html

Trust me when I say I'm not arguing the facts with you I am just trying to find the best fit for my cab.

Also you can have the T5 much closer to the plants. I have ran searchs, but the information and the sources have been unclear so far.

darrinjefferson

i hear what your sayin. and i am no expert on the subject by any means. just from what i have seen in many differnt types of cabs, i think the hps would work real well in there. i hope you eventually figure out which to get.

later

!PeAcE!

why do you think no one goes around talking about t5... because no one uses them well almost everyone. you want bud you want hps
!peace!

The Ghost--- where did you go?
i have a few questions....im just an outdoor grower that is excited to go indoor

with everything how much do you think your cost was?
i dont really get how your carbon filter works...i think i would get it with a few pictures of the inside. i guess i just dont understand where you put the carbon and where you attached your fan so that it sucks air through the whole system...

i was also wondering the best place to find a 250w........grow store/ebay/whereever?
and what type/model is best for this cab?
thanks

hybridtek

hmm....Im also curious to how the scrubber is effective. seems like it would need more cfm's also how does a small fan like that cool the entire cab? its amazing

TheGhost

Hi Guys,
I'm Back! Damn it's been awhile. Combine a major computer meltdown with a crazy busy work shedule and it dosn't leave much time for surfing the forums.

Its cool to come back and see the thread still active.

Anyway, I have gone through a major change in the cab because for the first time in a few years I am in the process of introducing two new strains. Yep, its time to let the old faithful Skunk#1 and BCBud go, they have been good to us but they have not turned out to be the greatest medical strains.

Right now I have my last skunk#1 running along side a new white rhino girl, both at day 25 of bloom. When the lights come on I will snap some pics of the Rhino and post them. I also have a nice C99 girl in the veg chamber that is ready to turn into clones for the next run.

Thanks for all the cool comments on my cab, its greatly appreciated.

mvp4sho: Nice cab man, I hope the design works for you. I have zero experience with the T5 so its hard to comment, but I will say that a 250 is pretty hard to beat over 2'x2'. I am looking forward to seeing your cab in action.

Lurker: My cabs noise output is not too bad, I vent into the roof space and the cover boxes are insulated for sound. Both of my fans are tied to the cab not bolted, this cuts vibration noise from my cab considerably. During the day you can't hear the cabinet through the wall from the next room, late at night when lieing in bed I can just hear the fans throught the wall.

Stalldaworld: I think the all up cost was about $700, but remember that I scratch built the hood and the carbon scrubber so that reduced my costs considerably.
The fan that pulls through the carbon scrubber is mounted in the roof of the electrical chamber, it creates a vaccum in that chamber which pulls through the carbon scrubber. My scrubber design is just a copy of the commercial units, it works on the same principal.

hybridtek: The key to the carbon scrubber is its size, it is designed to last 1 grow and then be refilled, this allows a shallow scrubber bed (15mm ish) which causes minimal restriction on the airflow and fan. I am growing under a 250, this much weed dosn't really produce that much smell.
My cabinet is air tight, I designed the intakes to circulate the air in the cab and the exhaust fans are rated high enough that the total volume of air in the cab is replaced at least 3 times per minute.

Thanks for checking out my cab guys, I will get some pics up soon.

Later, Ghost.

TheGhost

Its time for some pics :joint:

So like I said, I am right in the middle of changing over strains in my cab. having read a lot about different med strains that were good for pain, I picked a few strains and ordered in the beans.
White Rhino seems to be a favorite among the med people so I figured I would give Gypsie's version a go. So 9 plants popped and were vegged for 5 weeks before they showed sex, I got 4 females which were all very similar plants. I chose the one that suited me and put it into the flower chamber beside my last Skunk#1 clone. :woohoo:

I vegged them for about ten days and then went 12/12.
I have to say that I was a little disapointed in the Rhino, It really struggled to keep up with the Skunk and as a result got a little overgrown. It seems to be catching up but the bud size is a little small for my liking. :chin:
Who knows, it could be a late finisher and surprise me.

White Rhino Day 26f

My last Skunk#1 plant is also in the cab, as usual its kicking ass :smile:

Skunkman's Skunk#1 day 26f

This particular skunk plant has never tolerated high nute levels, I have always struggled to keep it from burning. The funny thing is that it really struggles with high light levels also, I can't keep the light to close or it will bleach.
All that aside, it has been a big producer of good quality bud.

Day 26f