What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

ElGato

Veteran
Here is what I know:
Many years ago when the clubs started selling the PK in the bay area they admitted it was the Purple Kush from Trichome Tech. Period. Now, I can tell you if it's Ultraviolet, but it is TT's Purple Kush.

they said it was the TT cut but it wasnt and isnt>>>the guy who owns Sr71 lied about it(it's all here somewhere in a thread but i couldnt find it)

SR71 purple kush is not the trichome tech cut....never was and thats a fact

Next, I have the urkle and pk. The urkle vegges faster, is easier to clone, and yields better than the pk-not by much, but it does. And like I said the leaf pattern is different. The urkle has larger leaf blades...

i cant see that either one clones faster or that their leaves are different at all
in veg and flower they are pretty much identical.
i've flowered them both in the exact same pot ...using the exact same nutes and there is only extremely minor differences between urkle and SR71 PK.
...imho they are sisters from the same seedline or perhaps an urkle S1

i'm currently finishing up another run of each(urkle and SR71 pk) and i'll post a few pics and give my opinions (again) soon

they are sooo just like each other and nothing like the real TT cut

here's the TT cut which looks NOTHING like the SR71
2r3ko3n.jpg

mj

Last edited:
Look clown if you have a problem with me - take it to the pms but dont come on here and trash someones thread trying to be a hero. You gotta get your quote correct before you go repeating my words also. And again read the info provided by the people who you say told you it was Ultraviolet. They repeatedly say it is a Purple Kush! in their descriptions Retard!

We don't need to argue semantics...we both know what you said about it.
Anyways, I would be skeptical of the lineage that a breeder publishes in high times, I trust the person who brought the strain to SR71 originally...he told me it was "Ultraviolet" from K at trichome tech...hes one of the nicest people I know, and he had no reason to lie... Sure it is possible that he was lied to about the strain's origins, but he's the guy who made it available to everyone so I'd say his info is the best info to go on since we will never know for sure without lab analysis.

Billygoat

So, the question is this! Who really has this famous cut? Nice read, lots of info going back and forth. Sure who be nice to know who really had it. Good luck with those in search of.
Take care,
BG

MedResearcher

Veteran
kush is a tall lanky plant that grows like a vine...

Again, correct me if I am wrong. I beleive there was/is a few different structural varieties found in the Hindu Kush region. You could go from one valley to the next and find a different strain. Just because "OG Kush" is lanky and vine like, doesn't mean that it is the definition of a "Kush." Kush genetics were around long before OG Kush was even thought of.

I think some very squat Indicas were also used for hash production in the Kush region. Bottom line, was the strain needed to or was bred to produce tons of resin for hash production, since that is what they were grown for.

Just taking a shot in the dark here, maybe we can get someone from the HTC crew to chime in, but I would bet that Deep Chunk originated from the Kush region, and that is one hell of a short bushy plant.

No disrespect,
MR^^

p.s. In my garden side by side, Lavendar vs Urkle, vs GDP. Both Urkle and GDP got booted. My lavendar phenotype out yielded, better quality, darker faster, with more vigor and less prone to mold. I haven't run the SR-71 PK yet, I have it, just haven't decided if it will get a turn yet.

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im just goin from personal experience, ive grown a bubba kush (dont think it was the pre 98 tho) and a couple differant hindu kushes that were short bushy crystally mofuckas with tight nugs. the genetics werent certain tho. never grown the og kush. I think deep chunk come from some kush or hashplant origins too.

bigherb

Veteran
so nobody claims to have the original humboldt purple kush?

were r the nor cal ogs = original growers

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

the cats from sr71 have admitted to a few cats that sr71 is not tt's ultra violet...an is from the urkle line...an yes they do grow extremlly similer....an correct me if im wrong but wasn't the uv line known to have herm's flowers....i aint seen one on any of my sr71's...peace az

MedResearcher

Veteran
so nobody claims to have the original humboldt purple kush?

were r the nor cal ogs = original growers

Just hard as hell to find, then even harder to get your hands on. In my neck of the woods the only people that really trade or offer strains are the younger kids and new growers. The old timers are reclusive, as well as annoyed by the influx of 215'rs.

I would die for the old school PK, as well as the RKS. I saw some RKS about 2 or 3 years ago, just the trim was better then most bud you see today, when you exhaled the taste was so strong, then break out in an instant sweat. Last time I saw some of the old school PK was about 10 years ago. A family member had bought a zip from the grower in the woods for 350$........ 350 bucks grower direct zip of outdoor........ wish there would have been a seed lol. I remember it was so resiny you pretty much had to cut it up with scissors or grinder to get it to burn.

Dont think I will ever stop trying to get a hold of those, I have a plan in the working.. hehe.. If you notice I go completely recluse, it's maybe safe to say I found one or the other.

Peace,
MR^^

bigherb

Veteran
medresearcher

i feel yaa ,if i could find it the rest can always be worked out we make it happen.

dont stop n best of luck wit ur plan

rainman
she looks like erkel ime

1luvbigherb

dfa

i've had what i consider the realest pk, only one time. Looked like purps but had no purple smell and all Kush smell & taste. One of the strongest smokes i've had.. So so so fucking stony, heart pounding devastating k.o. stone.

I know somone knows, what im talking about..?

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
The original PK is around here in Norcal and Oregon but is closely guarded and held like a kidnap victim. You will pay a ransom to see her in your hands! I think it is great smoke and deadly potency but most have never and will never see her. With that being said what are all the Urkles, Purples, GDP, Kool Aids, Grapes floating around made of? They all have similar growth and are somehow related but know one knows for sure. The Ulraviolet cut is real - it isn't real! Its fromm TT - its not!! I have already made seeds with the Urkle and GDP for my own purple needs so this really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

(GDP x DBubba)x GDP
(Urkle x DBubba)x Urkle
(DBubba x DBubba)x DBubba
(DBubba x Blue Rhino)x DBubba
(Blue Rhino x Blue Rhino)x Blue Rhino

I am done chasing this one and so I will make my own.

BigHerb she is a GDP. Verified. But she looks like Urkle to me too!

bigherb

Veteran
rainmain

gdp very nice sweet pics

wats dbubba = gdpxbubba ? crazy

so do you hav any ideas of wat ur own will consist of ?

1luvbigherb

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
BigHerb - The 'Dbubba' is Outlaws Double Purple Doja x Bubba Kush(pre 98) I just called it this cause the whole name is a mouthful! The male I have is one of the most colorful guys I have ever seen and has a deep dark grapey smell almost like musky. Here he is from a few weeks ago. He is now completely black and spewing his dust everywhere!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=759020&sort=1&cat=500&page=5

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=759019&sort=1&cat=500&page=5

My creation will be faster vegging, bigger yielding with the same taste and high. Colors will be crazy cause evrything in the cross is dark purple to black! I will throw up some ew pics of the male later. He is quite the show off!

B

bagseed77

da,mn, rain, i feel gay looking at a dude like that with a big smile on my face, i feel lucky cause i got some purple kush crosses, i was looking up info on the pk and it looks like which ever one was used in my crosses will be good, , i will be dropping a bean or 3 of those soon

THC•20

Lol no offense, I just find it funny how people appear slightly disappointed just because what they were told was "purple kush" smoked like it was something totally different. I understand not wanting to be lied to but c'mon, you guys should be just thankful you can even walk into a dispensary and say "Yeah, let me get 2 cuttings of that Bubba Kush". Fuck I wish I could do that, with my small ass set up it took me almost 3 years just to find 4 keeper moms I could stick with -___-

T

TheOneWill

I've had 3 different types.
First one was like play doe and could mold it. (I remember trying to smoke a joint of it and it wouldn't burn right)
Second one was some what dense with no purple on it at all and didn't taste or smell like the first one.
Third was the best. Nice dense nugs with purple everywhere and good taste.

bigherb

Veteran
rainman

dbubba sounds like som illies

as for ur creation best of luck ,the gentics u listed r special no doubt
however i would suggest using a master kush / old world paki /or selected hashplant
in the cross if possible and if blue rhino is widow genetics i wouldnt use her

back too the purple

1luvbigherb