What's new

When should i flush , harvest + Trichomes pictures

madatakesi

Hey guys this is my first grow ever i started with auto blueberry and they are in day 40 of flowering .
I'm currently using BioBizz Lightmix soil + Biobizz nutes and giving her each feed with 1ml Grow / 4ml Bloom / 4ml Topmax, i'm planning to go bigger because she shows no sign of nute burn and she seems to love it , i feed her when the top inch soil dries out . I'm growing her outdoor : When should i flush her / or harvest , the problem is i don't have a microscope so it's so hard to look at the trichomes to see if it's cloudy , clear or amber so hopefully i will get some helps here , here are some pictures :
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

amanda88

Feed her when the top soil dries out, ....dont seem right..?
Consider going by the weight of the pot, for watering, but fed only every 2nd-3rd watering,

you need will a loup'e or glass at 30x, is a good investment, just to check them trics to your color

RonSmooth

Veteran
You dont need a microscope. You should learn to notice the more apparent signs of maturity.
Slowed growth, leaf discoloration/dropping, swollen calyxes, dried and withered stigma, bloated trichome coverage...

The microscope may be useful for determining wether to let the plant go for another day when it is close but its useless at 40 days. The plants are not close to finished.

Let them go 9 weeks. I have never met a plant that benefited from earlier than that.

I only "flush" the last week or so. Just water to keep the plant alive. I don't believe you can "flush" nutrients out of the plant, its more a matter of saving nutrients for plants that need them.

When the plant is nutrient starved, it pulls nutrients from the leaves into the buds. Thats what is happening when you flush and the leaves start to turn and drop. Don't worry about flushing. Give them plain water for the last week if it makes you feel better but your bigger concern should be waiting until they are truly ripe (at least 9weeks) and drying them fully after harvest.

The most important thing affecting the smell/taste of your bud is how well you dry them. improperly dried bud doesn't burn well, leaves black ash and tastes harsh.

Triggle

Ron speaks truth. I do see pistils falling off the bud onto the surrounding leaves though so yours seems to be getting fairly close. If it's an autoflower then it has been flowering nearly the entire time it's been alive, not sure what you mean by "40 days flowering", especially on an auto grown outdoors...

I zoomed in on the 2nd picture of your first post and the 1st picture (same nug) and you have milky heads on your trichs and you also have a few ambers, and all of your pistils are dark red/orange so I would say that you could harvest any day you want to from here on out.

Generally, Ron's advice is spot on though...use other cues to gauge maturity...Either way, what you've shown looks pretty good so, good job!

Peace
Trig

LostTribe

Premium user
what strain is it...q

you growing outside...q

how long did you veg...q

trics do seem to start going a bit but not ready yet. As for 9 weeks that not gonna happen at this point.

i would expect 10 more days dependending on genes

madatakesi

The plant strain is Auto Blueberry :
I bought it as a clone from a local grow shop and when i bought it it was already 10 days from seed . "40 days flowering " means 40 days from when the plant pop out the pre-flower ( white pistils ) So overrall time the plant from seed is 62 days .
Today i did the "2 weeks flush" so hopefully i can harvest my plant in 2 more weeks , thank you guys so much for the advices , i'm really appreciated !

madatakesi

Hey guys , should i wait for 2 more weeks and chop or just one week ? i flushed my plant with 3 gallon today and the ran-off water at the end is almost clear ?

madatakesi

i grew it indoor for 30 days with 138Watts CFLs but for the smell reason i have to move it out and i found outdoor is much better

madatakesi

Hey guys , i've flushed my plant for 2 days but it shown no sign of being flushed ( yellow leaves , .. ) should i be worried ??

Latest posts

Latest posts