What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Juicing plant material for THCA

coldcanna

Veteran
" However, raw cannabis is loaded with THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinol acid), which must first be converted into THC by heat exposure before it will cause psychoactive effects. Consuming THCA can have a wide array of health benefits, from stopping seizures to helping fight cancer. Additionally, cannabis is a complete protein loaded with Omega 3’s and 6’s. The best part is that you can juice the fan leaves, meaning the parts of the plant that gardeners have been either throwing away or donating to their compost could be helping patients directly."

I came across this while looking for cannabis recipes on The Stoner's Cookbook and it caught my attention enough to do some further digging. I came across this study that found a direct correlation between THCA and slowed growth of breast cancer cells. I'm no scientist but I believe a logical step from there would be that the molecule most likely has similar effects on other types of cancerous cells. I just want to open up a conversation here, maybe share past experiences or do some collective research on the lesser known effects of plant material.

http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/CBDA_Anti_proliferative.pdf

Just the other day i was reading about the benefits of raw cannabis juicing. THCA for epilepsy might work if cannabidiol (CBD) doesnt.

Im smoking hemp buds (seeded) at the moment, i wonder if they have THCA if i ate them.

coldcanna

Veteran
Interesting point, do you have a link to the epilepsy hypothesis? Could be a promising technique for treating underage patients

zeet

Veteran
I have a patient that has crohns and prostate cancer. He has been juicing for quite some time and today asked me if he has to juice the fresh plant or if it is feasible to either eat extract the dry flowers.
I didn't know what to tell him. I know thca is present in both until heated so is there a reason that consuming dry flowers or raw bho wont work? or work as well?

lynches

Can juicing and eating raw cannabis be detected in a urine test given by these pain management clinics? Thanks.