What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

brown spots on leaves new coco grow

R

Rab.C

hey icmag i need some help.my coco seedling of serious kush
has a cpl of leaves with brown spots.they are in dna mills coco
and being fed EC1.0 of mills nutrients temps25c ph might be wrong as i am using liquid drops she is under 96watts of t5 the leafs are not soft
but paper like...i have a cpl of pics to see if anyone can help
thanks Rab.C

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
hey icmag i need some help.my coco seedling of serious kush
has a cpl of leaves with brown spots.they are in dna mills coco
and being fed EC1.0 of mills nutrients temps25c ph might be wrong as i am using liquid drops she is under 96watts of t5 the leafs are not soft
but paper like...i have a cpl of pics to see if anyone can help
thanks Rab.C
It looks like some kind of mobile nutrient deficiency/lockout, which could be magnesium, phosphorus or potassium, and it doesn't look like nitrogen deficiency.

Most likely magnesium.

So the question is: is it a deficiency or a lockout?

The cause of lockout could be:

- RO or filtered water
- low temperatures at the root zone
- overfeeding other nutrients

R

Rab.C

It looks like some kind of mobile nutrient deficiency/lockout, which could be magnesium, phosphorus or potassium, and it doesn't look like nitrogen deficiency.

Most likely magnesium.

So the question is: is it a deficiency or a lockout?

The cause of lockout could be:

- RO or filtered water
- low temperatures at the root zone
- overfeeding other nutrients

i made new nutrient res other day and added 5ml of shogun cal mag
to 10ltrs of tap water that made water EC0.3 then added nutrients to EC1.3

R

Rab.C

i have too say it wasnt there until mt last feed. then this turned up

Cvh

Supermod
Lol. I just wanted to ask if you added anything else besides your regular nutrients. But your post beat me to it. :)

My guess incorrect pH or calcium lockout because you added to much magnesium.

R

Rab.C

Lol. I just wanted to ask if you added anything else besides your regular nutrients. But your post beat me to it. :)

I let you try to guess what went wrong.

i dont have a clue Cvh what happend

Cvh

Supermod
Correct that you recently started to add extra Cal/Mag?

My guess you caused a lockout because off to much Cal/Mag.
Or your pH is incorrect.

R

Rab.C

thanks Cvh i think it was incorrect ph because i didnt adjust last res but was told it was PH5.8 but it couldnt have been because of them leaves thanks for the reply and info

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
i have too say it wasnt there until mt last feed. then this turned up

"the leafs are not soft but paper like"

I think they might be overfed. If too much nutrients stay in the medium, it may pull down the pH, which would lock out mobile nutrients.

It's best to keep your pH at 6.0 in coco. You could check runoff, or just water with 0.8 EC total, first with bloom nutrients.

The P in bloomfood will stimulate root development, and a bigger root system will mean more efficient takeup of nutrients.

They may also be almost ready to going into flower and repotting.

R

Rab.C

"the leafs are not soft but paper like"

I think they might be overfed. If too much nutrients stay in the medium, it may pull down the pH, which would lock out mobile nutrients.

It's best to keep your pH at 6.0 in coco. You could check runoff, or just water with 0.8 EC total, first with bloom nutrients.

The P in bloomfood will stimulate root development, and a bigger root system will mean more efficient takeup of nutrients.

They may also be almost ready to going into flower and repotting.

i have potted the plant up tonight and leaves are looking better i think

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
i have potted the plant up tonight and leaves are looking better i think
They look great.

After repotting, it is best to give them some bloom food, the P stimulates root growth. When the roots show, you can give them higher concentrations of regular nutrient solution.

If from mid-flowering onwards you also give them higher concentrations of Potassium, Silica, Sulphur, Calcium and Trace Elements, you will have very strong and healthy plants. These elements are both functional for the mid to later stages of flowering, they are also closely related to plant health itself.

R

Rab.C

thanks Cvh
thanks TanzanianMagic i will try that next time i pot up.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Whats your light., and distance to the light? To me that leaf you say is like paper could be caused by early lightburn.
It can take up to a week before you see the burned leaves…

Best luck bro :)

P :smoke:

R

Rab.C

Whats your light., and distance to the light? To me that leaf you say is like paper could be caused by early lightburn.
It can take up to a week before you see the burned leaves…

Best luck bro :)

P :smoke:

cheers paddi its a 400watt and its 40cm from plants. i turned it up
too 600watt but temps were 26c so i turned it down 400watt again