What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
@gumzgi it's hard to be precise about timing.
It really depends on how wet they are going into the bag. Providing there is not too much moisture in them them of leave them for 2 or more months before I opened them.
If I'm truly honest, I don't have any set times, I just do what I feel is right at time time. Try asthma let your instincts and your nose tell you what's happening.

Tangwena

Veteran
It really depends on how wet they are going into the bag. Providing there is not too much moisture in them them of leave them for 2 or more months before I opened them.
If I'm truly honest, I don't have any set times, I just do what I feel is right at time time. Try asthma let your instincts and your nose tell you what's happening.
Spoken like a true master curer the magic is in your own hands its just practice and intuition.
To me everything about it is like witchcraft ha ha.
Today I had 2/3 Colombian gold/Demon Latcher and 1/3 Mulanje seeded my god thats a heady mix. I think I'm def onto something with this mixing/blending caper, super effective using these two cobs.

Tangwena

Veteran
We very much like to mix ours up too.

50/50, Original haze and anything is good! The haze ads an extra clarity to everything.
I agree this Colombian x Demon Latcher has Haze in it, plus Colombian was probably the original back bone of what people call Haze.
The high is driven but too monotone in its effects for my taste by adding a bit of Mulanje to the mix it opens a lot of doors for other effects that I love.

I'm going to try the reverse mix today 2/3 Mulanje and 1/3 Colombian/Demon Latcher
And I have a dozen or so Mulanje Gold and Mulanje /Malawi Gold cobs aging getting ready to test in August as well as the four phenos cobs of Colombian/Demon Latcher ha ha.
Life is so exciting these days ha ha. I cant wait to get the boat in the water and drift away into the sun ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Hey Hombre I have a question for you, when do you kick up the nutes for your Tigers? CL🍀
For me as an outside grower last time out I tried not to add any extra nutes at all. On my two previous grows I'd added extra food during flower and burnt them. On my last time out I only added a little extra liquid PK about 3/4 of the way through flowering, And I still managed to burn them a little, but my yield was over double previous attempts.

You might be better off posting your question in the Golden Tiger thread; there's a lot of very experienced GT growers in there who are growing in indoors with nutrients.
Also there's a much greater chance that Dubi will answer your question if its posted in that forum.

Last edited:

airplane

do you cob the buds ?or do you cut buds (like going to roll a joint) and then vacum seal them ???

gumzgi

this was heated only 2 hours , stinks so nice and fruity and hits wonderfull
IMG_20230701_161103.jpg

CDNINCA

the smell changed totaly its smells very fruity like a shampoo perfume i let him dry now and it stinks so nice you want to smell it non stop , the color from original it changed but not alot, i let this branch dry for 5 days
Congratulations on the nice looking start @gumzgi , sounds like you are well on the way to a great cob! I find it amazing how the smells evolve and improve! Well done!

ProfessorLefty

Nice colors should be nicely cured by now.
Yeah, it totally is 🤤

I think you’re right, Tangwena—it’s better to cob on a bit on the drier side—this one was the only one that didn’t mold, it was the driest at 30% of harvest weight (harvested at 40g & cobbed at 12g after a little over 3 days to dry)

Plus it spent most of it’s life nearly dry, but compressed and sealed (close to 25% of harvest weight or 10g—this is the “completely dry” weight at 62% RH)

CaptainLucky

For me as an outside grower last time out I tried not to add any extra nutes at all. On my two previous grows I'd added extra food during flower and burnt them. On my last time out I only added a little extra liquid PK about 3/4 of the way through flowering, And I still managed to burn them a little, but my yield was over double previous attempts.

You might be better off posting your question in the Golden Tiger thread; there's a lot of very experienced GT growers in there who are growing in indoors with nutrients.
Also there's a much greater chance that Dubi will answer your question if its posted in that forum.
Thanks 🙏 I appreciate your thoughts n I’ll see when dubi thinks I should. CL🍀.

ost

Is anyone who is cobbing on any immune suppressants? Or have inflammatory issues? If so... any adverse reactions? I am starting to think thc and cbd gummies have been aggravating an inflammatory issue I have, instead of helping.
i have had no issues with straight thc gummies , no sign of cancer in my blood stream, dead cells or live ,after chemo!9 months clear now.