What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Using NPK Industries RAW line?

Joe fukko

Like I said anyone using this? I watched the videos by Harley Smith and I'm curious...

Yup I use it, great stuff. 2.74/4x4 Way easier to go in and out of the stores with. Powders are the future. If you pay for water your dumb. Dumb like people who use febreeze, and drink monster energy drinks by themselves at home on a tuesday evening. People who chew gum with their mouthes open. Lighter means easier in and outta the whip. IE not get put in a cage forever. They do have the best microbes in the game if you ask me. vegbloom looks good too but its not available all that easily where i am.

beta

Veteran
I've been using their Omina amino acid, great stuff! It causes floaties in my rez after 3 or 4 days though, any ideas on how to solve that out there?

Does anyone know where I can find a cheaper alternative to Omina?

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Omina ~$14/2 oz through grown-up hydro (first price I looked at :/)
Ferti-nitro ~$17/lb through Custom Hydro

CrushnYuba

To me raw seems silly. I wish i thought of their business idea myself though. Repackage cheap powders at liquid nutrient pricing. Everything they got is super taxed. But compared to liquid its regular priced.

Omina is just another hydrolized soy protein powder like ferti nitro or down To earth agmino or any of the many.

Prices for this stuff have really gone up in the last few years and the cheapest i have found ANYWHERE is solu-nitrogin from compostwerks. 50lb bag for 160$. That's about 3$ a lb. Less then half the price of the next cheapest i have found.

Avenger

Veteran
fyi

solunitrogen from compostwerks is 40% amino acid compared to 80% amino acid in the ferti-nitro-plus.

much different maximum solubility. much different degree of hydrolysis

CrushnYuba

Huh. I didn't know that. I wonder if it's really that different or if they just use a different type of analysis. I used to use ferti-nitro back in the day but it just became to expensive, so i stopped using it a few years ago. Since i stopped using it, i haven't noticed any real difference in plant growth. I only went through one batch of the solu-nitrogin so i can't really comment on the practical difference.

The raw amino acid might be the least rip off product they have. When it started making it to grow store shelves, i read the ingredients. The raw nitrogen was just ammonium sulfate. The k is just potasium sulfate. The cal- mag is Calcium nitrate and mag sulfate. The P is ammonium phosphate. I didn't read every bag but all the things i just listed are about 1$ a lb.
I get all these things by the 50lb bag cheap, but even if you didn't need much, there are other retailers willing to sell small amounts.

beta

Veteran
Does anyone besides Custom Hydro sell Ferti-Nitro plus? I can't get their website to work and the email I sent about it last week went unanswered.

CrushnYuba

I was under the impression that b vitamin turned out to be a myth and it really doesn't do anything.
I could be wrong but even if it did do a LITTLE something, its not noticeable.
I have never really noticed anything like that work though