What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STARDAWG VS. GORILLA GLUE#4

I want to try some thing new and I am in limbo with my decision for a fuel variety in the outdoor garden this year...

I've heard good things about both of these strains and am interested in both, and I might run both, but I'm wondering which would suit this project better.

Tell me what you think about the differences in the:
-growth structure
-feeding preference
-flowering period
-yield
-smoke/effects

Which do you prefer, if one or the other?
Thanks

MostWantedGens

have no idea but interesting question, as I noticed from indoor grows the strdwg grows wide, the gg4 grows taller structure, the strdwg need no training to produce a perfect shape wide bush, I think.

I think mold can be a problem with both if the grow place not enough sunny.

both should finish 3. week of october, so it means they start to flower around mid to late August as most of the "indoor" strains, outdoors.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Very simila depending on stardawg pheno as there are many n only one gg4.... in general stardawg is less stetchy floppy... vegs a bit slower. .. both r huge yielders... the corey cut of sd is like a more squat chemD... gg4 can be more complex depending on how long u flower her she also can be sour chocolate sweet ...cant go wrong with either if u lookin for a chem

Scrappy-doo

Stardawg can hold its weight better. The rest of those aspects are pretty similar.I run the corey cut of sd and if I had to toss one it would be the glue.

Edit- I think I might need to retract this statement. Just finished my 3rd run with the glue and I gotta say the buds this round are on another level! The sour dub really came through this time. She smells and tastes absolutely amazing! Newfound respect for the glue right here.

Last edited:

symbiote420

Veteran
The Glue is a great cut to have around but if you gotta choose just one I'd highly recommend you go with the Star Dawg!

I've been hearing about finnicky lateral growth with the GG4, as opposed to the StarDawg which has strong side branching. But I also have been reading that the GG4 is pullable around day 56... that interests me.

Which would do better as a full term outdoor crop?
Thanks y'all

Scrappy-doo

What lat? I havent seen many stardawg grows outdoors. Overgrowdaworld killed it last season outside with the glue.

C

Cep

I second the stronger branching of the sd. At least the illuminati cut is more sturdy than the glue. I think the glue is a more interesting high though and more complex smells. The ill stardog is mega strong though.

GG4 grows into a well rounded bush outdoors, Yes4Prop215 and Fisher have pics of big ones.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best outdoor grow I have seen of GG#4 was by ENDUR...

picture.php

picture.php

true grit

Veteran
Ya was bout to say, after seeing Endurs and a few outdoor GG4 nugs it seems like it can do really well as an out plant. Haven't seen as many out stardawg nugs so tough to say. Both are some very potent tasty chem smoke. I think the stardawg is more of the traditional chem fuel though.

Scrappy-doo

Yeah for outdoors I'd go with the glue, its proving to do well and sd not much documentation. I'll be running glue, corey, and illuminatti this season along with a bunch of other elites to get an idea which ones are ideal in my wet fall climate.

MostWantedGens

your question is about growing gg4 and/or stardawg OUTDOORS. so yes, maybe would be usefull to open an other thread or move this thread into the outdoor growing section. easier to open an other thread there.