What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taskenti(Uzbekistan indica) indoor/outdoor log

Wassup landrace lovers.

I have a fem seed of taskenti from Cannabiogen. IMG-20131013-00096.jpg

This strain is an indica landrace originating from Taskent- Uzbekistan with ancient giant indica genes :woohoo:

I will be doing an indoor and outdoor grow, she is currently under a 400 hps and will be mothered up for clones to put outside and then il chuck her in the flower room(2x 600hps,180watt led)

Somewhere along the way I'll feminize her for seeds and pollinate it with a malawi male.

Anyone with any experience with this strain, please share information for other people reading this thread as there isn't much around about taskenti.

cheers.

S

Slip Kid

I ran a few good sized rooms of Taskenti about 6 yrs back. It was all seeds from 2 packs of reg seed.The plants came out fantastic, very stable, most plants were pretty similar to the others and they had much more of a lemon type smell than a reg hashplant type Afghani. The yield was excellent and we had no herms or mutations at all. The two packs filled two 8x8 rooms with 6-7 ft plants. Potency was pretty good and yield above average. Easy plants to grow for sure.I was looking for something more hashy than lemoney but still a great line.:)

Sounds good Slip Kid. How much stretch did they have?
I think the new Taskenti's are slightly different. I think there's a lemon and hashplant pheno theses days.
Dis yours have giant indica genetics? sounds like it.

Thanks a lot man.

S

Slip Kid

Yes giant indy plants with maybe a 2x stretch. We were looking for a heavy indica to replace the older Sensi G-13/Hashplant cut we'd lost. These were all meaty plants with big, deep green fans. I'm pretty sure we had them in veg for 50 days in 5 gal buckets of rock on drip. The grow was a great success but for myself I wanted a hashy darker smelling plant but if it's of any value, I still havn't found one!!:) The guy I was growing with was happier than a pig in shit!

yes!, 2x stretch is perfect for my room. Yeah I also lost a 20+ year old afghani cut.
your descriptions sound very much like my afghan.

How strong was the smoke? does it build up tolerance fast?
I can't wait to grow this outdoor. Do you have any pics?.

cheers mate.

S

Slip Kid

There's not much left from that run but memories!! There were some keeper plants in there if you like the Uzbeki lemon type indicas. The lemon flavor just wasn't what I wanted but potency wasn't a problem. That grow was so far back, the house has been for sale going on 4yrs! Man, the time goes by like crazy. I certainly don't remember any weak, lame plants. Most were on the stronger side of indica types...Since I couldn't find a hashy hashplant anymore I turned to hazes and sours. They seem to have disappeared. That house was robbed due to the owners neglect about security and he lost it to foreclosure.:tumbleweed:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hey man,

I've got a nice Takenti filling up right now in my garden. It came from an old 2007-2008 seed packet and a few great plants came out despite the homogeneous progeny.

Hope you don't mind the pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This one was the plant I grew in 2008:

picture.php

There is a little bit of a lemony smell although I'm hoping to find the minty phenos I remember from the ones I grew back then. I must say that the Taskenti isn't 100% pure landrace but has a bit of Northern Lights in its genetics, although it's said to be bred to a +98% uzbekistan hashplant.

Cannabiogen's uzbeki line, has a fresh minty flavour (I swear that too, as I've grew the Taskenti a few times and always that amazing freshness in the throat!) with fruity and hashy hints. Super strong effect, great initial high with rushy heart and euphoria, afther that, pure medicinal effect in the body. Too much and totally knocked out! Hard nugs covered in trichomes. Big and late maturing plants with tiny leaves and chunky stems.

Pics from the pure Uzbequistan strain: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5158242&postcount=13

:tiphat:

Wow, those are some super healthy and potent plants there Mustafunk. That last pic should be the main one on taskenti's description, giant leaves on that beast.

Thanks for the info man and now i'm even more excited to grow this/
Apparently northern lights isn't noticeable in the taskenti and the breeder said the 2 phenos were in the old stock too.

What's the average flower time? 7-9 weeks?. I love extreme indicas like this with knockout highs to them.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Man I would say more like 9 weeks normally, some even 10, indoors around 70 days depending on phenos... it's certainly a slow plant despite it's a kush type plant! It's because of the Uzbekistan giant hashplant influence, as you say, the Northern Lights (not NL5 as some think) from Sensi 90s is not noticeable as the hybrid was outcrossed several generations to the original uzbekis parents. :p

redfrogs

I think the new Taskenti's are slightly different. I think there's a lemon and hashplant pheno theses days.

Hey man, I find that the lemon one is from a thin leaf pheno (maybe from nl influence my pheno ratio was 1/10 in a pack)...tsk hate high temps too...

Lemon one...

Good luck!

Hey bro, thanks for stopping by with the pic.

Nice plant but I'd rather the broad leaf pheno, 1/10 as in what? thin/broad?

I really want the broad leaf pheno. The breeder said that it had the same 2 phenos before the NL influence and like Mustafunk said being breed to 98% uzbeki. thats good enough for me. Il upload a pic in a couple days to show you and you can maybe tell me which pheno it is.

cheers mate.

redfrogs

Hey bro, thanks for stopping by with the pic.

Nice plant but I'd rather the broad leaf pheno, 1/10 as in what? thin/broad?

I really want the broad leaf pheno. The breeder said that it had the same 2 phenos before the NL influence and like Mustafunk said being breed to 98% uzbeki. thats good enough for me. Il upload a pic in a couple days to show you and you can maybe tell me which pheno it is.

cheers mate.

Hi KG,

You will have no problem getting a broad leaf pheno in my experience its 1 thin / 9 broad phenos... Your picture looks like a broad leaf pheno, but its too early too tell. Come flowering and if you ran a few seeds, you'd know which ones are thin and a broad phenos. From what i've seen the thin leaf one has an extra set of leaflets and sugar leaves start narrowing in flower. In my crosses I used the thin pheno as it seemed more adaptable indoors and heat :) Taskenti is nice either way.

Looking good Lazuli. I think it is the broad leaf pheno because I have 2 malawis next to it for comparison, is the broad leaf the hashplant pheno and the thin leaf lemon?. I'll be crossing the malawi onto the taskenti.

Latest posts

Latest posts