What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What nutrients do you use?

nigel420

Hello there im wondering what nutrients everyone is having good success with, ive been using canna and biobizz for years and what to try something new, advanced nutes look good but there is just so much choice. I grow in soil and nft.

DabSnob

Aptus, no nutrient line is easier to use, especially when using the pellets. I have gotten better results using different base nutes but the pellets are easier. since the switch i havent had a single issue with lockout, over/under feeding, or deficiencies. it may SEEM expensive but ive been running the 250ml bottles for 2 rotations now making it cheaper then any Nutrient line other then GH, but personally i HATED GH.

i use a mix of biobizz bloom and micro flora from GH + HESI supervit( 1 drop a' watering) works fine for me... for grow-feeding i go find some special weeds we got up here and make a tee

Jnugg

Veteran
Last grow...8ml FloraMicro/16ml Flora bloom,no additives.12oz from 5 very different bagseed plants around a bare bulb vertical 400w HPS in a 3x3x6 tent.

Pleased to say the least.Currently have 5 clones of the heaviest yielding plant so next grow I'll be mono cropping (clones from same mom all the same size)...thinking I'll hit 14-16oz.

SilkSecrets

I always liked gh 3 part lucas formula for base with advanced addatives. B52,liquid big bud, bud candy, sensazyme(hydro), overdrive, and floralicious+, also the occasional foliar with floralicious+, and ful power humic is nice

nigel420

Hello again well I have decided the next soil grow will be done using bac organic grow and bloom also their pk, has anyone used these before. Also does anyone know if I can use advanced nutrients in soil

S

Seal-Clubber

Soil amendments and water all the way till the end! :)

I always had problems running out of "JUICE" toward the end of a 6 month plant. 30 gallon pot - 5 lbs top-shelf. My water is 7.3 pH and not bad at all. :)

I stay away from chemically concentrated salts (even organic based), and I hate almost ALL bottled shit. I use yard compost, perlite, steer manure. Homebrew organic tea - I have a "how-to" on here somewhere, PPM over 2000. pH 6.8 in and 6.2 out.

If you are wondering, my lab has:
Blood meal 12-0-0
Bone meal 0-12-0
foss bird guano w/ calcium 0-11-0
island bat guano 0-7-0
Soluble kelp powder 1-0-18
potash 0-0-50

Mag-sulfate (epsom salt)
Earth Juice Hi-brix Molasses
Earth Juice pH down Citric Acid @ pH 1.3 (powdered)
Azomite
Down to Earth Humic acid - 60%
Rainbow lite Organic multi-vitamin for traces - mang - moly - boron - iron - zinc - copper. (for human consumption)

I`m ALL NATURAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS! I would like to see someone pull a 6 month plant in re-used soil with bottled shit - i suppose it CAN be done.. with a smirk. ;)

Here is a 3.5 month-old plant on my formula - she still has a few months to go! 7ft tall, 7 ft wide, baseball bat stalk, 30-gallon pot. drinks 5 gallons per day of my tea with about 8 ounces of runoff. I`m standing on a ladder and thats a 4ft railing behind it.

3oShivaRider

Starting with a perfect combo of base nutes is must. For strong roots I look for products with beneficial microbes aka root mass expanders. Piranha and Tarantula are my favorite because time and again they have taken care of babies by maximizing their root density with optimal nutrient uptake... Recently, Advanced Nutrients has launched Fab 4 Pak at dirt cheap price and I'm probably going to buy it.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Dyna-Gro in RDWC & some ground up magic wands (just kidding about last part). No additives, just a dialed setup. Ppms max @ 600-700.

The only thing I might try different is using Foliar-Pro instead of Grow in veg, maybe it'll make a diff in late veg (8-9 weeks from seed). A former DG rep once said that. I grow from seed as I have both separate veg & flower areas & harvest about every 8-9 weeks. I have a 12 plant limit so don't know what would happen if I used 2 slots up for moms...

RonSmooth

Veteran
Dyna-Gro (Grow. Bloom & Protekt) or MaxiBloom (just started trying KISS in coco).

Also use Botinicare's Cal-Mag Plus due to soft tap water.

Ganja Maker

I'm back to maxibloom after trying out cx hydroponics coco line. The cx wasn't bad, but I think I get healthier plants with maxi, and it rocks for veg and flower.
Can't beat the simplicity, I only add some silica blast, and regenaroot.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I have access to a lot of stuff... And I know how to use it.

My typical nutrient program looks something like:
Canna Coco A+B - Primary Base Nutrition
Botanicare Liquid Karma - It's like magic, I don't know what's in it. I don't care. My plants are happy with it, and pissy without.
Root Supplement (GH RapidStart right now) - Big Roots = Big Buds
Kelp Supplement (was using GO BioWeed, probably switch it up next round) - Also helps with root development and the hormones help control internode distances
Silicon supplement (GroTek Pro Silicate right now) - Improved stress tolerance, stronger plant tissue, stems hold up the fat buds all the way to the end without supports.
PK "balancer" (to tune in the A+B for flowering) - I have used a dozen different products in this role. PK13/14, Cannazym, Hydroplex, Big Bud dry, Ripe, and on and on... right now I'm rocking a dry supplement from Green Planet called Bud Booster 0-50-34. I use maybe 1/4 teaspoon per 5 gallons, just a little goes a long way.
Potassium supplement for later bloom (Green Planet Dense 0-0-62 right now) - Cannabis likes Potassium and Canna's line is a little short for my liking. This product is about as concentrated as it gets and the free 125g sample is going to last me a while.
Magnesium supplement (was using CES Mag Amped but switched recently to West Coast OMRI Magnesium, also Epsom Salt) - In coco, especially during flowering, my plants need more Mag than Canna provides.
Cutting Edge Solutions Uncle John's Blend - OMG this shit is amazing and if you don't use it you're missing out. Mad resin development, great as a foliar.
A Fulvic Acid Supplement (Mad Farmer N.U.T.S. right now) - Helps keep down the salt buildup and chelates nutrients for uptake.
Botanicare CNS17 Ripe - Finishing Base nutrient 1-5-4 with no calcium. Needs a stir in the reservoir but I find it to be fantastic (especially for the cost).

Next round I'm not sure what to use. I have some NutriField Coco line, the Cyco Platinum series, Botanicares new Kind 3-parter, Metrop-1's entire lineup (feels like lead in a bottle its so concentrated), Emerald Triangle GMB, I have some Microbe Life on the way, plenty of Canna left over from the last round... I honestly have more nutrients than I know what to do with (all free).

And... in addition to all this sporadically I'll go quasi-organic and use OG Veganic Tea, Mykos WP, and Azos. Not very frequently.

If there is anyone in the Santa Cruz, CA area who wants something, then hit me up.