What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chat problem as of Feb 23 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

as u can see i had 78 posts and i allready have 91 ooohhooooo i have just 100 more to post hopefully will do in a year lol

G

u Admins cut our way of info exchange,
now i cant make contact with any1 anymore!

Man, that really sucks. I could have posted tons of mindless drivel, but respected the rule that doing that could get you reset zero or banned. Can't there be some kind of a review, say by a mod, or panel of mods, after someone hits 50 or 100, of that persons posts, contributions, and general character? Maybe get people to vouch for you? I know everybody is wary of the flood of new people in here, and I admit, some dreck was dragged in, but they will be dealt with in short fashion! I hate being lumped in because I didn't sign up til Feb 2006. I'm not a troll, nor a non-contributor to the general IC community, so why should I and others in my shoes be unfairly judged based on number of posts or date of registration? Just seems unfair. Don't misunderstand me, I am TOTALLY appreciative of this great place Gypsy has set up, where I can converse intelligently with other people who share a similar passion, with my peers. This place would be plenty WITHOUT chat, but hey, I can't say it doesn't intrigue me. :smile: Opinions? Gypsy? Dutchgrown? It seems like a reasonable idea...To me, anyways. :D

I already whined about this in another thread, but I don't appreciate this either.. I've chatted a lot since I got my 50 posts and got to know some nice people around there. I guess this new rule is so the OG refugees won't spam the chat, but what about us who are no refugees, just slow posters?

alGrenDh

Hey there Abstract! I'd vouch for ya from all those times I've seen you in chat, but I'm just a lil ol peon! I don't count. :bashhead: Give them time to get adjusted and see where they can fix the areas that got broken (chat post limit).

G

Fuck it
I'll pick up a couple posts here.
Get some creativity and learn to manage the chat situation.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
well this rule is super lame.

while i can chat many of my friends now cannot.

silly rules are why we are in this mess. ie. cannabis illegal is a silly rule.

let the chat mods do their thing, they are well apt at ditching problem chatters. :bat:

Last edited:

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
I love this site and Gypsy and DG.. but I'm getting tired of everything happening without any notice....... first the member titles now this........just a bit of heads up would be nice :)

I guess thats what happens when you are a lurker...I didn't register 'til this month, so I'm lumped in with the rest of the "wave".

Absinthia

awe well i'm outta here no ponit if i cant chat to friends
been lovely knowing some of you.
May come back if things improve
tc all for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts