What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG slow to load

Skip

Veteran
Seems to be some problems on pages with huge images that the server is resizing and sending. I'll check this out.

TB Gardens

Veteran
ic always runs slow for me, im on an old shitty mac tho. but my phone is even worse, and thats a new shitty mac ;-)

Wanna know what's really slow to load?

Wanna know what's really slow to load?

What's the hurry?

Skip

Veteran
I've encountered extremely slow load times today, so I will make this a priority!

Please be patient while we sort this problem out.

Skip

Veteran
I've encountered extremely slow load times today, so I will make this a priority!

Please be patient while we sort this problem out.

P

pine boy

I deleted Adobe and things ran alot better.However I had to reinstall it.
I got a random free version so I could do video.Now the site loads slow again

alkalien

Have you considered a cashing proxy in front of the main web server? I know a few projects that had the same problems running large database based websites with a lot of hits.

nginx seems to be the solution. It caches sites and pictures that are loaded at a high frequency so the webserver can concentrate on more important stuff.

Last edited:
Nginx is good for static content. Not so good for things as dynamic as this site. You're right though. Under the correct circumstances, nginx is a screamer.

Caching is a good idea though. Perhaps Memcached.

I'll bet there's performance to be had with existing software, if I could only get my hands on their instance of MySQL and Apache. Doh!

foaf

Veteran
You can't login on an IPSec proxy anymore, even a very fast one. That's new in the past 2 weeks.

edit add - logins are working for me again, and quite fast. something has changed.

Skip

Veteran
You will know when I finally am working on this problem because the first thing I will do is correct the server time! I still have no access, but hopefully soon.

Skip

Veteran
Well I just made a change to the site. Please let me know if the speed of icmag has improved or stayed the same or got worse for you now.

The server time is correct now, too... :)

S

SeaMaiden

I could ping it. <grin> I'm not seeing it load up any faster at this time.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This morning is the worst its been in awhile , not sure why but ...... :(

L

LouDog420

It was moving like a snail, but that was right after I got a message that said there was work being done on the servers for the next 5 minutes.

Seems to be running fine now.

Skip

Veteran
Yeah, the change should make a difference, but I'm not sure it will run faster for everyone, thus the need for some feedback so I can know if there are other unresolved performance issues.

S

SeaMaiden

Yeah, it's still loading up slowly, several seconds just to get this second page loaded up.