What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to post pics w/ the new v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Scissors
Sorry I only see a WHITE area background area in the Advanced text editor window!
I'll try to hold down on the comtrol key when I drag!!! I'll try this right now as I edit this advanced reply post!!! Lets see what happens!!!

OK still can't drag pic while holding Cntrl ans tryin to drag, not working!!!

The text background is still white, dosen't work!!!

Sounds like you still haven't changed your user options to Enhanced Interface and you are still not clicking the right reply button. It's all there in the first post

MyAssIsGrass, I did re-read the first, I am clicking the right buttom to get to my new gallery folder I made, and I am trying to drag from a selected photo t the text area!!!!!
But it's still not working, Skip mentioned if my text area had a green background, no it isn't...it simply is not working for me while useing Interner Explorer or when I'm useing FireFox browser! No I'm not a computer genius but YES I can follow simple steps, it is not working! also I can't load pix under the 1024x1024, I can only load up the smallest thumbnail photos into my gallery. When I drag I get a black circle with a forward slash in it, when it gets over the text area it shows a bent arrow pointing to a dotted frame, when I rel;ease the mouse button it opens a new page to leave a comment for that photo, so it's not working and something needs to be fixed so it will!

OK, OK Sticky

Now can I Please get some help besides telling me to reread the first post, I've read and followed the directions I now have them memorized!!!!!

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
When you click on the the "Forum Albums", a box aout 25% of the screen pops up so you can veiw your photo albums.

Click on the album you want to use and it will open displaying the pics saved in said album.
At this^ point, aren't you able to drag and drop the thumbnail of the picture you want to post into the text area like it shows in this picture? Are you using Firefox?

Skip mentioned if my text area had a green background, no it isn't...it simply is not working for me while useing Interner Explorer or when I'm useing FireFox browser!
If the background isn't green then you probably haven't selected Enhanced Interface in your user options like we keep saying, did you click the link under the first bullet point and scroll down to the bottom where it says 'Message Editor Interface'?

The tutorial says the only button you can press to drag & drop pictures is NOT 'Post Quick Reply' or 'Go Advanced' which you said you were using. If you have read the tutorial as much as you say, why do you keep clicking the advanced reply button instead of the one in the picture?

well i guess my test above did not work.
Probably because you didn't leave any spaces between links so they showed up as 1 long sentence instead of pictures

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
So far, I got a few to work with the above method. GLad to see somebody else with the same solution.

Skip

Veteran
must i move all my old pics to the new gallery. do i simply create a new gallery with any new pics i upload. (my old pics stay in old gallery forever for me to get to whenever i want them) (now i have 2 gallery??)

Sorry you're still having a prob. Yes, you simply create a new forum album to upload new images. Your old gallery is there for you to access all those images. There is no way to transfer the images, that is why we have two gallery setups now, so that you can still access your old images.

Skip

Veteran
It's still not working because you didn't follow our instructions, and you still had your text editor set to the standard one, and not the enhanced message editor. I've changed that for you. You can now drag and drop.

People, please follow ALL our instructions because otherwise you will get nowhere, just frustrated. Go to User Menu/Edit Options/Message Editor. Select Enhanced Interface.

I'm sorry but I cannot update everyone's setting enmasse. You must do it yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Scissors
Sorry I only see a WHITE area background area in the Advanced text editor window!
I'll try to hold down on the comtrol key when I drag!!! I'll try this right now as I edit this advanced reply post!!! Lets see what happens!!!

OK still can't drag pic while holding Cntrl ans tryin to drag, not working!!!

The text background is still white, dosen't work!!!

Sounds like you still haven't changed your user options to Enhanced Interface and you are still not clicking the right reply button. It's all there in the first post

MyAssIsGrass, I did re-read the first, I am clicking the right buttom to get to my new gallery folder I made, and I am trying to drag from a selected photo t the text area!!!!!
But it's still not working, Skip mentioned if my text area had a green background, no it isn't...it simply is not working for me while useing Interner Explorer or when I'm useing FireFox browser! No I'm not a computer genius but YES I can follow simple steps, it is not working! also I can't load pix under the 1024x1024, I can only load up the smallest thumbnail photos into my gallery. When I drag I get a black circle with a forward slash in it, when it gets over the text area it shows a bent arrow pointing to a dotted frame, when I rel;ease the mouse button it opens a new page to leave a comment for that photo, so it's not working and something needs to be fixed so it will!

OK, OK Sticky

Now can I Please get some help besides telling me to reread the first post, I've read and followed the directions I now have them memorized!!!!!

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No click/drag with latest updated XP Pro and explorer and i did follow instructions.

Posted with firefox thumbnails will drag like this

Or from the old gallery you get this.

Dragging full size image works from both but difficult to place in a small box with text .

picture.php

Feels fiddly and complicated in an age of supposedly user freindly software on a 22" widescreen , and bloody impossible on a 9" Vostro with a touchpad.

Certainly looks better than at first with the icons and other tweaks so far but the click/drag really needs sorting for Explorer.

E

eidanyosoy

Oh Very Nice it works

Oh Very Nice it works

Works for me now with original directions, thx poster.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannot upload pictures to albums properly useing Firefox , stalls after uploading some and then hangs , thumbnails drag fine.
Uploads fine with Explorer but no drag/drop of thumbs.

Opera does neither.

G

Greyskull

At this^ point, aren't you able to drag and drop the thumbnail of the picture you want to post into the text area like it shows in this picture? Are you using Firefox?

aloha MAIG! nah my retarded ass hasn't downloaded it yet.... using internet explorer. i know chaniging will make things smooth as silk....

but to answer the first part of your Q, no. I need to oepn the pciture in another window then I can drag ot from there. When I drag it form the album the text screen becomes the album image.

hope this helps.

I LIKE THE UPGRADES AND APPRECIATE THE STUFF YOU AND THE STAFF ARE DOING WHILE US DUMBASS STONERS ENJOY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABORS

mahalo

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm still to figure out how to post thumbnail links into a reply, and as yet, no-one seems to have managed to explain how they did do it.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Excuse me. At least 3 of us have explained in great and clear detail. Grass' original post. PeteMoss' PC workaround and my tweak of that for Macs.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I've been trying to upload pics into the gallery and keep receiving this message.......

International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums >
vBulletin Message Welcome, cough_cough_eer.
You last visited: Today at 05:58 AM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 14.

My IC Site Menu
menu_open.gif
User Menu
menu_open.gif
Forum Menu
menu_open.gif
Search
menu_open.gif

Show Threads Show Posts
Tag Search Advanced Search
Forum Menu Active Topics UnAnswered Forum Leaders Members List Forum Guidelines Privacy Statement Forum Faq Calendar
Site Menu Home Forums Chat Room Who's in Chat Member Albums Member Groups Videos Vendor Reviews Journals
Go to Page...
vBulletin Message
$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you just registered please allow up to 24hrs for account activation. Please do not email if you just registered.
  3. You do not have the required amount of posts to access this feature.
Log Out Home