Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Growing in cougar country

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Growing in cougar country Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2019, 05:04 PM #121
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonKronic View Post
Wrong. Cougars have only recently expanded into Yukon and there has already been at least one attack... on a man. If you enter a cougars hunting territory when its hungry it WILL assess your suitability to eat and act according to its desire.
They are hunting machines.

The "Silver Lining" - a quick, merciful death.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:06 PM #122
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of light
Hunter S. Thompson fans will no doubt agree that the only thing more scary than growing in cougar country, would be growing in Bat Country. Say no more.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:14 AM #123
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Lots of older women stalking young pot growers in the woods these days...
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:00 AM #124
CowboyTed

CowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the roughCowboyTed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post

The "Silver Lining" - a quick, merciful death.

True that. Second to a bullet, I suspect the quick broken neck that a mountain lion delivers would be among the best ways to die: quickly and painlessly.

I like the idea of being "recycled" into kitty food. It beats rotting in a concrete box.

I guess I grow among them, but I don't think much about it, since I also live among them and play among them and fix fences among them. One night a mountain lion growled at my wife for walking past and interrupting its dinner - thirty feet from our back door. She turned toward the noise to find her headlamp pointing right into the eyes of a lion with its face covered in blood - thankfully it was gone before she really registered what she was looking at. Can you imagine the feeling as her stomach did somersaults?

Ever since that night, my wife keeps a Saint Bernard or a Staghound with her whenever she's outdoors at night. Strength in numbers - and size matters!
CowboyTed is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 02:22 PM #125
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of lightSwamp Thang is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTed View Post
True that. Second to a bullet, I suspect the quick broken neck that a mountain lion delivers would be among the best ways to die: quickly and painlessly.

I like the idea of being "recycled" into kitty food. It beats rotting in a concrete box.

I guess I grow among them, but I don't think much about it, since I also live among them and play among them and fix fences among them. One night a mountain lion growled at my wife for walking past and interrupting its dinner - thirty feet from our back door. She turned toward the noise to find her headlamp pointing right into the eyes of a lion with its face covered in blood - thankfully it was gone before she really registered what she was looking at. Can you imagine the feeling as her stomach did somersaults?

Ever since that night, my wife keeps a Saint Bernard or a Staghound with her whenever she's outdoors at night. Strength in numbers - and size matters!
If I lived in your neck of the woods, I would carry an enormous handgun at all times, for the honest world to see, just in case witty repartee fails when a cougar makes a cameo appearance.

Generally speaking I admire the grace and intelligence of felines, BUT I draw the line at being eaten for lunch by one.