What's new

Young Woman Busted for Pot Gets Killed Acting as Police Informant

doja420

GroBoy2000 said:
wait, felony posession of WEED is 20g is florida?? i cant be reading that right
That's correct. It kinda sucks living here, besides all the sun and warm weather.

HarryNugz said:
assuming she went back to the same dealer, who in their right mind wouldn't think it was some sort of setup! she bought 20 grams of mj but then soon after wants to buy 1500xtc pills, 2z's of coke and a gun. looking at her you'd think this is just totally out of place. this happened in florida, so is anyone really surprised?

EXACTLY. FL has very Draconian laws. It's such a damn shame.

Last edited:

GroBoy2000

Quote:Originally Posted by GroBoy2000
wait, felony posession of WEED is 20g is florida?? i cant be reading that right

That's correct. It kinda sucks living here, besides all the sun and warm weather.

holy shit man, thats really fucked up, and though the girl should have known better, the cops should have too. I mean. she was 23, maybe had a kid? college? who knows how much fucking pressure those cops put on her, and not every one is 'in' or 'knows' the game, she just smokes, and BAM, prison time and blah blah blah, shitty situation, aint right at all, tottally fucked up deal, felony for less than an ounce of weed, war on the people man

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
One other thought I had about this. Where were these cops when she was being taken out of the house? I assume the cops were outside waiting for her so what the hell happened that she shows up dead in some other area and no one notices? No one followed them? Did they just drop her off and say "we'll be back in 20 minutes"? WTF? Once she's actively snitching for the police, her safety is THEIR responsibility. Even if their case gets screwed, it's their responsibility to ensure nothing happens to her.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Notice how they hang onto the "drug deal gone bad" tag line.

They give a 23 year old girl that they have coerced, $13,000 cash and send her out alone to buy drugs. If I read one of the articles correctly, they got to Rachel through an informant.

So I suppose the cops are happy, Rachel Hoffman is off the streets AND they generated 2 arrests for murder. Now all they have to do is get THOSE 2 to roll on someone and they'll have generated enough work to justify their bloated ass, money wasting budgets.

WCTV Tallahasee

Court documents give new insight into the drug deal gone bad.
Many people have had questions about exactly where things went wrong.
We know how this story ends.. but now we have a better idea of when things diverged from the original plan.
The document details the drug deal as it was to go down on May 7th.
At about 6pm, the 23 year old made a "controlled" phone call to Andrea Green... Hoffman and Green agreed to exchange 13 thousand dollars for pills, cocaine, and a gun.
Rachel Hoffman was initially going to meet Andrea Green and Deneilo Bradshaw at Forestmeadows Complex.
But according to court papers, she told authorities she was going to a second location to meet the two men.
Hoffman had an active listening device in her purse that was being monitored by investigators according to documents.
At 6:40 that evening, she received a call on her cell phone from Green and was instructed to meet at another location in the parking lot of the Royalty Plant Nursery.
The probable cause affidavit says that Hoffman followed suspects down a dead end road.
According to an investigator's statement he told her not to follow them.. but Hoffman ended the call.
Moments later investigators say they lost contact with her... calls to her phone went unanswered and the active listening device in her purse stopped working.
When investigators arrived to the area of North Meridian Road and Gardner Road, they found one of her black flip-flops, a spent .25 caliber round, two live .25 caliber rounds and tire skid marks.
Several hours later, Hoffman's phone was found in a ditch on Centerville Road near Pisgah Church Road.
The documents reveal that Green had given his family members some cash the evening of May 7th and that cash was part of the $13,000 in recorded bills given to her by investigators.
To read the probable cause affidavit for yourself just click on the link above this story called "Hoffman Document."

maryjanesdad

i don't know where to begin.

The police totally used this poor girl. This poor girl got busted with some pot, then failed to appear. Even with that, she still probably wouldn't do any time. Anyone with any sense would appear to court, but she was probably scared and naive and didn't want her parents to know about her arrest.

What im having trouble grasping is why would the cops have her go purchase 1,500 extasy pills, 2 ounces of crack and a gun? All they had on her was a marijuana charge. pretty irresponsible. Not to forget that if a buyer purchases marijuana from a dealer then goes and wants 2 oz's of crack and a gun its an obvious set up...anyone with any sense would see that angle.

I honestly believe the police were over zealous in this situation....They must have just saw the sopranos and pulled an Adrianna on her.

T-type

Why is everyone sticking up for this "poor girl"...
Female or not a rat is a rat...
The rat got exterminated, its the name of the game...
Don't play it if you don't want to...

edit: Not saying I think she should be dead, or would do that myself, but come on you play with fire your gonna get burned

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

T-type said:

edit: Not saying I think she should be dead, or would do that myself, but come on you play with fire your gonna get burned

Your missing the point of the article. Think on a larger scale and see the bigger picture. There are a lot of shouldn't of happened in this story altogether. But, in the bigger picture it shows the kind of irresponsibility and false use of power from our government. They should NEVER have power to put someone's life on the line, especially not for her conviction, and not to do their job for them.

You say play the game, problem is people all play different games. She was educated and further educating herself.... you honestly think she was the type that even has the same perspective on leo as us? She didn't grow it or deal it, she SMOKED IT... she was put in a fearful, deadly situation for something that was simply not a serious offense. Saying she shouldn't of ratted just seems to similar to the cops saying she didn't do it right, just makeing excuses. And, fear makes poeple to dumb things, and makes weaker poeple do even more dumb things. But we can't just disregard them for being weak, especially in the manor of the situation above.

Punishment did not fit the crime.

The only person I'd expect saying "Well she played the game, thats what happens to a rat" are the cops that made this irresponsible act happen in the first place.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

T-type said:

Poor girl is right!
No one really knows what the cops told her or even did to her, in order to get her to do their job for them. I've heard of, and experienced first hand some really outrageous threats made by LEO and I wouldn't put it past these clowns either.

Are you kidding me with "The rat got exterminated," thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life, you should be ashamed.

Fact remains that she never should have put in the position, under any circumstances, period.

Ajunta Pall

I, on some level, agree with T-type. If you don't want to get burned, don't play the game. Problem was the cops never told what the game was, and what the stakes were. I believe she was out of her element, and the scumbags that killed her knew it too. This is further proof the corrupt police abusing their powers by scaring people into doing shit they never would in the first place. But they got their story straight, and one corrupt hand of the justice system will wash the other corrupt hand.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The whole situation is fucked up.

all parties (the dealers, the narc, and the police) fucked up.

so now all we get is one big fucked up story.

If the girl would have taken her punishment and kept it at that (without agreeing to rat mother fuckers out), i dont think we would be talking about much here... there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of attorneys who would love to take your money and keep you jail free....

If the dealers realized they were being setup and just backed out of the situation, i dont think we would be talking about much here... it has been mentioned here alot, and in fact makes sense, who the fuck comes out of nowhere wanting such a large order? But no, they fucked up - and out of fear for their own lives, they decided to take her out. Doing such a thing in this day in age probably isn't such a smart thing.

If the Po Po's weren't money hungry and had any respect for human life, they would not have put this lady who had so much going for herself in this situation...they knew she had alot going for herself, and like many also have said, they used scare tactics. Ever hear of PTSD? Well look it up, i bet ATLEAST 1 of these cops is suffering from it these days....

bottom line is this:

dont snitch.

edited out of respect for the deceased's family... all this talk of rats and cops got me riled up about a past incident.

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

LiLWaynE said:
The whole situation is fucked up.

all parties (the dealers, the narc, and the police) fucked up.

so now all we get is one big fucked up story.

If the girl would have taken her punishment and kept it at that (without agreeing to rat mother fuckers out), i dont think we would be talking about much here... there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of attorneys who would love to take your money and keep you jail free....

If the dealers realized they were being setup and just backed out of the situation, i dont think we would be talking about much here... it has been mentioned here alot, and in fact makes sense, who the fuck comes out of nowhere wanting such a large order? But no, they fucked up - and out of fear for their own lives, they decided to take her out. Doing such a thing in this day in age probably isn't such a smart thing.

If the Po Po's weren't money hungry and had any respect for human life, they would not have put this lady who had so much going for herself in this situation...they knew she had alot going for herself, and like many also have said, they used scare tactics. Ever hear of PTSD? Well look it up, i bet ATLEAST 1 of these cops is suffering from it these days....

bottom line is this:

dont snitch.

I agree 100%, IF we are talking about people who grew up on the streets and in the know.

however, not everybody grows up knowing the police are crooked fvcks, some people grow up respecting and fearing the police.

in fact (as you stated) if drug dealers werent so money hungry and had respect for human life they would be much more carefull about how they conducted business, and real real careful about who they dealt anything of consequene to, this kind of thing wouldnt happen, but most drug dealers are as immoral as dirty cops

HOWEVER

The REAL problem is the police arent being held accountable for their actions.

It should be illegal for arrestsing officers, investigators,etc to offer deals PERIOD.

Their job is to arrest people and present their case to a court of law

My logic is this: In order to get someone to cut a deal, the cops must CONVINCE THE PERP that they are guilty before they are even in a court of law (if your not guily why in the world would you cooperate), which is against the constitution (you are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law).

your miranda rights state "innocent until proven guilty" and right after that they say, " we got you red handed, you are going away a long long time"

everything is relative and I think that this girl had a "gun put to her head by the police" and in the end it was fired

THEY SHOULD ONLY BE ABLE TO READ MIRANDA RIGHTS. If they contradict the miranda statement they should be arrested for violating constitutional rights

Last edited:

SomeGuy

ureapwhatusow said:
I agree 100%, IF we are talking about people who grew up on the streets and in the know.

however, not everybody grows up knowing the police are crooked fvcks, some people grow up respecting and fearing the police.

in fact (as you stated) if drug dealers werent so money hungry and had respect for human life they would be much more carefull about how they conducted business, and real real careful about who they dealt anything of consequene to, this kind of thing wouldnt happen, but most drug dealers are as immoral as dirty cops

Great post!
The more I read about it the more I'm thinking the murderers weren't drug dealers at all and there never was any ex or coke. They were planning a rip off from the start and it escalated into a murder, probably when Rachel told them they were ripping off the cops.

Z10N

what a shame, so young......

i'd rather sit in jail instead of helping the nazi police. fuck them, and fuck all the fucking politicians behind them ~ may their soul forever burn in HELL ! ~ . . . . . :mad::cuss:

ExEcutioner

Yeah the cops had to tell her some sort of lie to convince her to take those thousands of dollars and go buy a gun, coke, and ex pills. The cops really took advantage or her. No one, especially no one as smart as her would ever agree to do that kind of buy if she knew any better. That is why i think the cops are responsible.

I guarantee if a cop was doing that controlled buy, there would be sniper support and a team of guys to back the cop up. The girl had NO HELP which shows the type of respect, or lack there of, for anyone but themselves. Sad.

SomeGuy

Link to video of press conference where TPD Chief blames it all on Rachel and pats all the LEO involved on the back for a job well done.

Tallahassee.com

Also links in there for other video related to the case.

My View column written by Irv Hoffman, Rachels dad.

Tallahassee.com

Irv Hoffman said:
My daughter, Rachel Hoffman, was a 23-year-old graduate of Florida State University who gave her life working under cover for the Tallahassee Police Department. The details of this event are still being investigated. But my meeting next week with state Sen. Mike Fasano about Rachel's Law concerns the process of becoming an undercover informant and preventing another vulnerable person whose judgment may be impaired or is under duress from being treated as expendable, then murdered.

Undercover informants are often addicted, young, frightened, vulnerable people who are looking at the ruin of their life and the threat of prosecution, and often they will do anything. Informants, civilians working under cover, are not being treated as helpers of law enforcement but as tools of law enforcement, tools of law enforcement that may at times be treated as expendable.

These are the qualities of informants:

# Already addicted or having difficulties with substance abuse and self-control, which means that their mental thought process is already impaired.

# Desperate to clear their record and desperate to avoid any jail time or pending charges, so these people are very vulnerable and easy to persuade.

# Often times they may have an immature/idealistic view of authority figures that would put them in a position to think they are safe and protected.

# Never taught any law-enforcement skills, never trained to work at this level of emotional intensity or qualified for this type of work.

# Not trained to respond to or recognize unplanned dangers and contingencies.

Because of these facts, precautions or laws need to be put into place. There certainly need to be consequences and accountability for those individuals charged with substance abuse or possession. However, the actions to reduce the consequences need to correspond to the level of their crime and never should include death.

These are questions to consider:

# Should the client's attorney be notified or, if the client has no legal representation, should the client be offered counsel with a public defender, family member or mental-health professional to give the client options or a second opinion to offer a more objective view of the situation?

# Should a mental-health professional screen the client to assess his or her mental capacity and judgment before participating in this potentially lethal situation? The clients should never be treated as if they are expendable.

# When knowing a gun is involved, never use a civilian. Civilians are not trained in the use of firearms, and they are easy prey to something going wrong.

# How do we obtain information that protects the clients from the felons they will be facing and better ensure their safety?

# If the clients are involved in a drug diversion program, would it not make sense to understand that their judgment is already impaired and they would need advice from an attorney, mental-health professional or family member while being offered the option and making the decision of working under cover?

# Should we not clearly define what the informants would receive for putting their life on the line as informants, regardless of the outcome? For example, in the case of my daughter, Rachel Hoffman, she put her life on the line to clear her record, and upon her death her record was exploited and made public versus being expunged, as promised. Recently, another Florida parent shared with me the story of their child agreeing to go under cover to expunge her record. The police wired her and wanted a confession on tape, and when they did not receive the confession on tape, she was placed right back into jail without any regard for the risk she had taken, making a statement that her risk and cooperation meant nothing. Again, she, as an informant, was treated as expendable.

# Should we not create an advocate program for informants that could make sure that all the steps above are carried out before the informants agree to enter into the process?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
^^^^^
Cops don't follow the laws already on the books. Adding new ones won't matter. The solution isn't legislating police behavior (like we need MORE laws in this country) but rather outright firing cops that act in a irresponsible manner, like these did. Today's cops know they will be protected even when they fuck up and they'll take a short paid vacation and be right back at it again with the next citizen a few weeks later.

SomeGuy

I dunno, I'd still like for it to be illegal for them to coerce an individual into doing their job for them.
Would that actually be a law or just a change in policy? Doesn't sound to me that Irv is calling for new laws, just changes to the policy that got his daughter killed.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
The story you posted mentions "Rachel's Law" and he's meeting with a state Senator (legislator) so I can only deduce that he wants statutory changes to address police informants. Those laws are only as good as the police departments and district attorneys that will openly prosecute their own officers. As I noted before, cops know they will be protected by their departments so any law will have no teeth.

SomeGuy

ItsGrowTime said:
The story you posted mentions "Rachel's Law" and he's meeting with a state Senator (legislator) so I can only deduce that he wants statutory changes to address police informants. Those laws are only as good as the police departments and district attorneys that will openly prosecute their own officers. As I noted before, cops know they will be protected by their departments so any law will have no teeth.

You are 100% correct on that, Irv does call it Rachels Law.

But what exactly are you advocating? If there are no new laws or changes to the existing laws then its the same as it ever was and LEO will continue business as usual. I agree they should be fired or even charged depending on the situation, but the way it's set up now, they have free reign to do what they want with impunity.