What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Close up pics of Bud that have mold, need some input please.

C

CannaBuilding

Hi all,

Got some bud, which gives you a headache when smoked, Harsh as it can get, tastes like chems, and does not burn with a white ash, smells like wet moldy hay (when received at first, was really wet) dried it out and now smells like bug spray.

Just need some confirmation from some pro's (as the grower thinks its good bud, just trying to convince them its not), I've smoked/vaporized bud before thats been sprayed with bug spray and the effects are the same with this bud (headache with a extreme head rush, tastes like chemical shit, harsh as it can get).

I've taken close up of the buds and added red circles to areas that have mold, for better inspections (they look like they've been picked way to early).

These bottom 3 are a close up of a bud that has mold growing in between the buds/stems
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Pic below is comparison of hte moldy bud compared to a nice cured indica 80%/Sat 20% hybrid bud, the difference is night and day.
picture.php

Close up of the moldy bud ground up (made me sick the next day after vaporizing some that night).
picture.php

Some information from the pro's please, would be much appreciated.

Thank you all who viewed this thread, Peace.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
For first this bud looks like:
1. not flushed
2. not proper dried & cured

Don't ever smoke that...

maimunji

Looks like they developed botritys and grower catch plague and choped or maybe they develop botritys after chop in bag packed and stored without dryness process. But probabbly first.

cravin morehead

Veteran
Dude, don't smoke or Vape moldy buds, c'mon now. Life is too short for shit buds... Gets even shorter hitting stuff like that...

Cm

C

CannaBuilding

Thank you all for the input, From what i've read/experienced and feedback from here.

1. Picked early (hence the undeveloped trichromes), looks like they chopped the plant when it developed bud rot (as not all the buds are like that).
2. Due to being chopped early, all nutes/chems remained (even organic needs to be flushed for a couple of weeks).

Wont be smoking it, only had a couple of vaporized bowls out of a sublimator (weirdest high i;ve ever felt) not to mention the sore throat and nausea the next morning (a plant that is medicine can be poison when grown wrong), its going in the trash.

Much appreciated to all who posted in this topic, have a lovely week/weekend.
Peace.

M

M.J.

Is this mold, bud rot or something? Smell is normal. turns pink when it is drying.
picture.php