What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I need to flush more before harvesting?

Hellno187

I gave my girls a little Heavy 16 Finish with their last watering on Wed, and I was thinking about harvesting today. However, I'm not sure if I should water again with straight water to flush. I stopped feeding with bloom nutes a week ago to start flushing with Finish, but should I flush the flushing agent as ridiculous as that sounds lol? If it helps I've got the girls in Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil right now.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
what is it exactly that you think you are flushing out of the plant?

i can see flushing something out of the medium so that it never enters the plant, but once in the plant there is no getting it out. besides once inside the plant the 'whatever-it-is-you're-flushing' becomes part and parcel with the plant.

perhaps with the exception of pesticides, the nutrients are incorporated into plant tissue...i believe daily...utilized during dark period.

you want to limit or at least De-escalate use of nutrients for at least two weeks to avoid having to use flushing agents at all. it's much cheaper, more effective, and there be no need to flush the flushing agent.

good luck

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Congratulations .... We got this far into the month without yet another new thread about old subject this being started

A

Hellno187

Sorry Bush Dr, didn't mean to ruin your redundancy streak, I just didn't see any threads about flushing agents when I browsed through. I usually do just water for 2 weeks trichrider, but I tried Finish for the first time just to see how well it would work since I got a free sample. So I take it it is necessary to flush the flushing agent lol?

Dog Star

Veteran
;D hehehehe

What is a Heavy 16 Finish? How it smells?

Looking their line of nutes and i sees they go organic.. if i didnt get something wrong..

Hellno187

Finish is just the flushing agent Heavy 16 makes to remove residual nutes from the plant tissues. From what I've read it's supposed to work the same as the two week water only process that you usually do before harvesting. And yes Heavy 16 is an all organic line, I use their Veg A and B, as well as their Fire for flower and have had good results so far. I just have never used a flushing agent, and like I said since I got a free sample I thought I would try it. I thought maybe some had used a flushing agent before and would know better if I could just go straight to harvest after using it.

HqFarms

Finish is just the flushing agent Heavy 16 makes to remove residual nutes from the plant tissues. From what I've read it's supposed to work the same as the two week water only process that you usually do before harvesting. And yes Heavy 16 is an all organic line, I use their Veg A and B, as well as their Fire for flower and have had good results so far. I just have never used a flushing agent, and like I said since I got a free sample I thought I would try it. I thought maybe some had used a flushing agent before and would know better if I could just go straight to harvest after using it.

Heavy 16 is not a all organic line at all. Some organic components but far from organic. Finish is just snake oil and worthless. Just straight water or add some enzymes and that's all you need. With soil a week of flush is not enough when using bottle ferts. 14- 21 days with 21 being a better number if you want cleaner smoke. What do you consider flush? Are you calling just giving it water with no nutrients and the same amount of water you were giving her before or are toy doing 3x the s size of the pot?

Hellno187

Wow ok, well I was told by a friend of the guy who started Heavy 16 at a CannaGrow Expo that the stuff I got was organic, my bad, I guess he was BS me. Yeah I guess I was kind of using the term flush a little much in my post, but yes I was considering a 3x pot size flush before going to water only for a week or so. I only used the snake oil because the trichomes were getting a bit too amber and I thought the sample might speed up the cleansing process.