What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted by Maintenance Men

P

Pure.Dope

I put in a work order for AC maintenance. I went to the office in person, scheduled it for Friday, and told them explicitly they do NOT have permission to enter.

They came today, found my grow in my apartment, and called the cops.

I got off work to find my place in shambles. They took everything. I found a search warrant and an itemized list of evidence they took.

I went into the office to talk, they say I have 24 hours to vacate. I asked why they entered even without my permission. She showed me the work order and it stated they had permission to enter.

I told her that was illegal entering of my house, and she said the contract specifies they can enter my apt at any time for specific reasons, and maintenance was one of them.

What do I do? I'm going to try to find a lawyer, but have very little money. Did they enter illegally?

Do I have a warrant? Do I turn myself in? Not sure where to take it from here.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Oh shit...you absolutely need a lawyer and don't say shit to anyone. I'm assuming you do have a warrant coming. I'm sorry man, not deserved at all. If a court appointed attorney is all you can do, it's better than nothing. Good luck man.

Few things you need to consider: 1) your state 2) your priors 3) number of plants 4) your ability to scrounge up 5k for a lawyer. 5) family obligations. 6) skin color Just saying, if youre looking at 5-10 it may be time to sonsider packing up the toothbrush.

P

Pure.Dope

Do I just wait for something to come in the mail? I called the police office and they said I have no warrants currently. I'm fucking beside myself.

P

Pure.Dope

Do I get one now? Or do I wait until I hear from the courts???

I hear sometimes that if you don't get arrested on the spot that sometimes your charges get lost in the system. Any luck of that happening?

why would u schedule an appt.....you should have had them come right when you were at ur place......i dont no would have never done it that way buddy

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
get one now and explain the situation. they will best advise you what to do. it is their job.

P

Pure.Dope

Hey buddin, if you have nothing to add then you are worthless. Please come to my thread with valuable info, not, I told you so.

I now know that my apt complex has no understanding of what it means to make an appointment, and what it means when I tell them they do not have permission to enter. Thanks for the worthless info buddin.

Be advised that theyre probably watching you and may get access to your phone records. If youre a dealer and you communicate by text then let your boys know. How many plants did you have? If they got 15+ plants and you live in Lubbock, TX or some redneck town like that then youre probably looking at 5 years and should bolt. If they found one plant and you live in downtown Boulder then dont sweat it. Give us some more details. Youre busted already so let us help you.. Where you at? plant count? priors?

P

Pure.Dope

Five plants. Major city in the southwest, non pot friendly state.

I have a prior about 7 years ago for misdemeanor paraphernalia.

I'm not a dealer. Had no scale, it was personal.

I'm not skipping town either, that seems ridiculous for how small scale I am.

HorseMouth

LAwyer up,no question. SOmething like 500 down for a retainer. If you are served and a warrant is issued then the Lawyer is the first phone call. If nothing comes of this, (I dont know where u are state-wise, if there was a minimal limit or something), retainer fee back to you.

GL with this brother

HorseMouth

Fuck Arizona, I lived in Flag for a while. 5 plants is nothing to sweat about. It'll be too much money for the prosecution to bother. Sleep well

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Find your attorney now.....do the best you can. I would assume that if you don't have some officers coming to your house soon, then you will get something in the mail about a court date. Five plants isn't that much, that's a big plus. I just hope you're not in like, Texas...or Ohio, those states are horrible. Good thing you didn't have scales....and your prior misdemeanor isn't that bad. I would think that you will be alright. You'll have to deal with the courts...and they cost money, that is shitty. Even being a legal medical grower, I still don't trust a fucking thing about my license. Attorney money is something we have to deal with, I feel so bad for ya man....keep your head up and don't stress too bad:)

mk6

everywhere I have ever rented I ALWAYS change the locks specially the dead bolt!!!

depending on what sate and where in it your charges and penalties will differ
in so cal you get a slap on the hand drug classes and prob for 1st timers in az Texas its like you murdered a pregnant woman fucking stupid..
go to your own arraignment no attorney ask for the charges and and find out what court ie judge will hear your case . go to his court room and see how he dispenses...

attorneys will charge you 2 ways, pretrial plee for a fee, then if you want to fight it' the go to trial fee...

not knowing the state your in makes it difficult to say... check normal and other related sites for more info
note: knowledge up!!!! know what your up against ... like I said once you know what judge/court room you can watch how that judge dishes it out... and ya get an attorney that know your cannibals rights.

I'm not skipping town either, that seems ridiculous for how small scale I am.

well i didnt know it was small scale because you didnt specify. just trying to help, but since youre being a dick im done here. btw- you deserved to get caught for growing in an apartment and not familiarizing yourself with the rental agreement. of course there going to come in if you specifically tell them not to! peace.

P

Pure.Dope

Thank you mk6, miss blunted, phil, and everybody else. I really appreciate the info.

And yes a simple deadbold would have done the trick. :super facepalm:

HorseMouth

What I meant was what has been said. No scale, 5 plants, accidental discovery. Get the Lawyer on Retainer who specializes in Cannabis, and wait for the prosecutor to look it over and figure the cost of prosecuting will be too expensive for what is obviously a personal/medicinal grow. MAke sure your Lawyer knows about your physical pains and your coping methods. It's small ops like yours that push the medicinal scene.

Again, Sleep well knowing you r not in the wrong