What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BUSTED, no ryme or reason

THCforus

snitched out by someone w/ nothing to gain, but some kind of twisted sense of right and wrong- aka power-trip.
Or maybe it was jealousy? I'll never know.
facing 5, pretty devastated:wallbash:

W

WeldFlash420

Prayers going out to you and yours man, been there and done that....Stay strong and keep your chin up, this too shall pass....peace and shine on.

zenoonez

Veteran
snitched out by someone w/ nothing to gain, but some kind of twisted sence of right and wrong- aka powertrip.
Or maybe it was jealousy? i'll never know.
facing 5, pretty devestated:wallbash:

Is this someone close to you? So whats the lesson? Don't let anyone know. Period. Either way, sucks man. Thoughts are with ya bro. They would crucify me where I live.

mikeross

Sucks bro... your in my prayers. I was wondering though how you knew it was a snitch? Also how big was your setup to be facing 5 years?

good luck

JBlaze

Did they catch you growing or selling? Is this your first offense?

Best thing to do is lawyer up and get him to strike down as much as possible.

THCforus

Prayers going out to you and yours man, been there and done that....Stay strong and keep your chin up, this too shall pass....peace and shine on.

I want to thank you for the kind words. its nice to get some support from like-minded people, who dont see me as a "criminal".
I'ts been a little while sence the bust, so its starting to get a little easier to deal with.

THCforus

Is this someone close to you? So whats the lesson? Don't let anyone know. Period. Either way, sucks man. Thoughts are with ya bro. They would crucify me where I live.

where i live is my whole problem right now. I knew that i shouldnt have been growing there, but i just didnt have the cash to up and move to a state w/ better laws.
I'd say that i should have covered my tracks better, but thats not really the issue. This snitch was just super nosey, and a real hero.
I wish i could tell you guys what happened in detail, but i have to be careful right now. The pigs took my computer. At one point i'll let you guys in on what went down, but one thing i can say is that it wasnt a friend.
thanks for your thoughts

THCforus

Sucks bro... your in my prayers. I was wondering though how you knew it was a snitch? Also how big was your setup to be facing 5 years?

good luck

From the discovery. The set up was a lot smaller than you would think.
They are claiming that i had more plants than i actually did.

mikeross

so were you able to located a decent lawyer? Any idea at what type of sentence your looking at.

Hold your head up bro... I know it looks bad now but with a decent lawyer charges and time served can be dropped down big time. my friend was looking at a 5 year sentence but got off with probation and a huge fine with an amazing MJ lawyer... This was in north carolina by the way.

THCforus

Did they catch you growing or selling? Is this your first offense?

Best thing to do is lawyer up and get him to strike down as much as possible.

They got me growing only. No cash or pot in house.- under an ounce.
Yes it is my first offence, so its looking like i'll probably have to serve half of it, because of the safty valve.
I got a lawyer but he dosent seem too optimistic, or willing to fight for me.
I wish i could afford a better lawyer but i'm broke.

ourcee

if they are claiming you had more plants than you did. and you are 100% positive of this.

CALL THEM OUT IN A FUCKING TRIAL!

are you kidding me? if you straight up know they are lying, tryin to throw the book at you sayin "5 years for this cultivation! might as well take the deal buddy" fuck that. Take it to trial and ask for the evidence to be shown to the jury.

they obviously wont have it

"uh... uhm... we uh cant find it"

yeah right.

so then the truth will come out and if you were growing less than an ounce. lol there is no jury in their right mind that will convict you for FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

first offense looks even better to a jury.

I SAY FIGHT IT. honestly I've been a victim of the court system, you (in my true and honest opinion) have SO much to gain from fighting your case (from the sounds of it at least)

more info helps but I know you cant give out too much obviously...

good luck.

THCforus

Prayers go out to you, bro. People can justify some fucked up things sometimes.

Ya know what man?, I wracked my brain for weeks, trying to understand what would possess this guy to rat on me the way he did. He had absolutly nothing to gain, and he was quite proud of himself like he did the world a great service. Braggin' to others.
A real piece of shit. I do however take comfort in the fact that karma is a bitch, and the universe will hopefully dish him a whole lotta grief and dispair.
I'm not a spiteful pearson but under the circumstances, i'ts hard not to be.
thanks for your prayers.

qbert

there is no jury in their right mind that will convict you for FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

Juries have nothing to do with sentencing. They don't convict you for X years, they don't care if its a first offense. Their job is simple: guilty or not guilty. The rest is up to the judge, more or less.

That said, OP: I wouldn't be too worried. They always throw around the "maximum penalty", which is rarely if ever what someone actually gets. A marijuana charge in my state that has a 5 year maximum is legislated that the sentence HAS to be a year and a day partially stayed sentence with probation (can do up to 8 months in county jail, but usually less). But everyone involved that gets a govt. paycheck and the local papers will all be screaming, "You'll do 5 years, you'll do five years! Take our deal for a year and a day!" What they don't tell you is that the deal is no deal at all and that legally you cannot be sentenced to 5 years for it.

G

Guest 18340

Are you in the US? North East i take it? anyway, I've been thru a few legal "spats" in my life and without one single doubt GET YOURSELF THE BEST LAWYER YOU CAN AFFORD!!!!
If you feel your lawyer isn't fighting hard enough then he most likely isnt and you need to fire him IMMEDIATELY. The judge will give you a certain amount of time to find another one. Don't wait until the case gets on in court.
A good lawyer will challenge EVERYTHING in your case, they will find every single little fault in the states case and witnesses and warrants, etc.
Whether or not your case is weak or not means NOTHING if your lawyer doesnt know what he's doing.
AND, be as involved in your case as possible. Ask questions of your lawyer. Set up weekly meetings/phone calls. Get involved, take files home and read them. No one knows more about what happened than you so who better to pick apart the states bullshit? Make sure you ask him/her to explain shit in people talk not lawyer talk so you now wtf is going on.
Besides, most attorneys will only devote a certain amount of their time into your case, thats how they bill you and most lawyers have plenty of other clients/cases.
:2cents:

THCforus

if they are claiming you had more plants than you did. and you are 100% positive of this.

CALL THEM OUT IN A FUCKING TRIAL!

are you kidding me? if you straight up know they are lying, tryin to throw the book at you sayin "5 years for this cultivation! might as well take the deal buddy" fuck that. Take it to trial and ask for the evidence to be shown to the jury.

they obviously wont have it

"uh... uhm... we uh cant find it"

yeah right.

so then the truth will come out and if you were growing less than an ounce. lol there is no jury in their right mind that will convict you for FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

I SAY FIGHT IT. honestly I've been a victim of the court system, you (in my true and honest opinion) have SO much to gain from fighting your case (from the sounds of it at least)

more info helps but I know you cant give out too much obviously...

good luck.

I'm waiting for the lawyer to get the evidence from the pigs but it's taking forever. It seems like he's more concerned w/ tryin to get me to plee out, than prove i had less plants than theyre claiming i did.
This whole things makin me nutts.

pugnacious

Check my past posts between 06-07. I got in some very serious trouble and I made it out. I know how exactly you feel because I was facing 5 years state prison. If it wasnt for my attorney then I would be still in prison as we speak with 2 more years to go.

Listen, I know it sounds watered down hearing it so many times. Ive been in legal problems before so I knew the importance of having a good attorney. It does make a huge difference. I basically put everything I had into my lawyer and on top asking for loans. Which made me border line homeless. I only ate one meal a day and sometimes would go up to 2 days with out food. I went from 220 lbs to 170 fairly quickly. My body could barely handle the stress. I was almost at the point where I regretted even being bailed out. But I did everything my lawyer told me. Even in that brain dead state. What you do from now until your sentencing makes a huge difference also. I obtain a job, signed up for programs to show that I can be rehabilitated, and stayed out of trouble. And I made it out of it with probation. And im still smoking foo.

All I can say is try to relax. Do not stress yourself out. When you see yourself going into that stressing mode. Pull yourself out and take some time to get your mind strait. Start thinking of every option available. Fire that lawyer. Obtain a better one. One that will fight for you. One that has pull with the D.A and judges. One thing I notice is that when a lawyer draws out the trial. The pleas get better and better MOST of the time. Depends on what went down.

Keep your head up. You will make it thru this no matter what. Maybe not in the best way, but you will. Wether you like it or not your at a point at your life where everything is going to change no matter what outcome. Its time to reinvent yourself.

Good luck

2fast4u2

this is fucked.

Bro, ive shed a few tears over paranoia, your reality would be my worst nightmare come true.

Its nice to see you keep your composure, dont worry, the universe is a funny guy, that snitch will get whats coming to him.

Im happily married, have a normal life i suppose, veteran, never been arrested, but im looking at a mandatory 5 years if i ever got popped. The cops are gonna weigh the plants wet with the hydroton rootballs and all so im fucked proper if i get hit.

Im what the government calls a criminal.

you dont know me, but find some comfort in the fact that we are all with you brother.

Latest posts

Latest posts