What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When To Harvest CBD Flower for Peak CBD?

I'm growing Dinafem's Industrial Plant Auto CBD & have seen so many conflicting claims about when to harvest strains like this. I know you want cloudy/amber trichomes when you're growing for THC, but how do you know when CBD has reached its peak?

I don't care about THC; I just want maximum CBD. This strain has a consistent 5% THC & a minimum of 10% CBD according to the breeder. The Dinafem website says 70 days to harvest but doesn't mention anything about growing for maximum CBD so I doubt they've tested it to determine when CBD levels are highest.

So what's the consensus? Chop early, late or at the same time as you would any regular THC strain? (Any proof you can provide would be appreciated or if you've personally grown these strains that works too). Just looking for something more than a guess.

Thanks! :huggg:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From the link above check post #15.

The rest of that thread is the same as I expect this thread to end up.
A bunch of uneducated guesses.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I would harvest for maximum effect time and efficacy. So far this has been when cannabis is 'ripe.'

IME, early cut cannabis is underweight, is not as potent and does not last as long. Triple whammy against you. Overripe cannabis makes me sleepy, and unless you need sleepy I'd advise against it.

Latest posts

Latest posts