What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2nd outdoor grow, possible over fert. Opinions?

StickyFingrs707

Hey yall, 3rd grow under my belt now, second outdoor grow and looking to hone my skills.

The first indoor grow was pretty much a disaster with nutrients, although the set up was decent, I burned the heck out of them. Last years outdoor was pretty good, fertilizing with Earth Juice, but had to harvest three weeks early for a trip to Front Site...such a bummer! Still smoked great at least.

This year, my buddy set me up with GreenGro’s line of Natures Pride Veg, Bloom, and Flower Finisher, which just killed it in my garden! I’m thinking I may have over fertilized with the Bloom and Flower Finisher though. I noticed there’s no zinc in the blend, and I supplemented with EJ Cal n Mag only once, other than that about 1 cup of bloom every 4 - 5 days with watering in between. One TBL of the Finisher with that mix for the last couple weeks too.

Can anyone provide some insight on what’s going on here? Anyone use this line of nutes? I have some leaves twisting on new growth and the tips of the older fan leaves turning brown and crispy. I know they turn yellow but not normally crispy right? Thanks everyone.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
They are just a little over feed. Feed with 1/2 what the bottle says. They look close to done so I would start to flush soon. Do what it takes to get the water you flush with to a warm temp 60-75 and water at the beginning of the day. All the work is done, there is nothing to add at this point just let them finish their thing.

StickyFingrs707

Alright killer. These are organic biochar based ferts, is there a real need to flush per se? I have never used salts on them. I will not be feeding them any more either way.
Trichomes are 98% cloudy, very few are clear and a couple are amber. Being patient this time.
Thanks for tip about warm water, what’s the science behind that?

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Roots like it warm and cozy, you just want to keep things stress free and smooth. I will let you look up the science. Roots uptake best at around 68. Tap water can be cold and is not ideal. I wouldn’t worry about a long flush using those nutes but a short one won’t hurt.