What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvey Weinstein and the CASTING COUCH!

St. Phatty

Before the 2000 election, Weinstein spoke publicly about renting a 1/2 hour of TV time to help elect Al Gore.

I vastly preferred Gore over Bush/Cheney, and I took Weinstein at his word.

I UPS'ed him a box with 2 heavy history books - about the Bush family. At his place of work. Indicating specific chapters, and told him, "you don't want Bush elected ? Read the passages indicated and he never will be."

Next thing I know, I'm on the phone with Miramax' head of security, who is threatening to report me to the FBI. For mailing books.

I have never seen anybody have such a fvcking cow about being sent a package in the mail.

I think Weinstein is 60+ years old and not exactly a "gym regular". And he's not very good at keeping his blood pressure low. I would be surprised if he lives to age 65.

Spaventa

Veteran
One of the more moving things I ever heard was a talk that Lucy O'Ball once gave.
In it she described the hollywood she knew as a young girl.
It was a sad and ugly story.
We like to think to ourselves that "things have gotten better"
The old boys network manages to keep change from happening.
Generation after generation.
Morals and integrity, and did not mean much to harvey , women did not either I guess.

Not me. Logic dictates otherwise. Things either get discarded by civilisations, die out, such as riding horses to work for example or... evolve, develop and advance, like technology. For all things, its sink or swim,use it or lose it. Sexual perversion, corruption and immorality certainly didn't die out ergo they evolved and advanced to new depths.

"ugly" was a good word.

vta

Veteran
Harvey Weinstein Contract with TWC Allowed for Sexual Harassment

TMZ

Harvey Weinstein may have been fired illegally by The Weinstein Company, a company that wrote a contract that said Weinstein could get sued over and over for sexual harassment and as long as he shelled out money, that was good enough for the Company.

TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear.

According to the contract, if Weinstein "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct," he must reimburse TWC for settlements or judgments. Additionally, "You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."

The contract says as long as Weinstein pays, it constitutes a "cure" for the misconduct and no further action can be taken. Translation -- Weinstein could be sued over and over and as long as he wrote a check, he keeps his job.

The contract has specific language as to when the Board of Directors can fire Weinstein -- if he's indicted or convicted of a crime, but that doesn't apply here.

There's another provision ... he can be fired for "the perpetuation by you [Weinstein] of a material fraud against the company." The question ... where's the fraud? Lance Maerov, the board member who negotiated Weinstein's 2015 contract, said in an interview -- and we've confirmed -- the Board knew Weinstein had settled prior lawsuits brought by various women, but they "assumed" it was to cover up consensual affairs. The Board's assumption does not constitute fraud on Weinstein's part.

And here's the kicker. Even if Weinstein had committed fraud by not fully informing the Board of Directors, the contract says before he can be fired he has a right to mediation and if that doesn't work, he's entitled to arbitration. He got neither. He was summarily fired, and sources connected with Weinstein tell TMZ he was never given a specific reason.

A source connected with TWC tells TMZ, the company had a right to fire Weinstein if he didn't notify the Board of Directors of settlements. We're told there have been no settlements since the contract was signed, so it would seem this clause does not apply.

H

HaHaHashish

What a sleazy, greasy, creepy rapist he is....they say that only one in twenty women who are sexually assaulted report the offence to the police, so the list of starlets that Weinstein raped is probably just the tip of the iceberg...he's a serial rapist. I shudder at the thought of how many young women had their innocence taken away from them and now suffer life long sexual hangups because of it...but on the other hand, which girl would go to any guy's hotel room alone and not expect to get jizzed on?

In a perfect world he will go to jail and personally get to feel what it's like to be at the receiving end of unwanted sexual assaults...but knowing how rich he is and what an imperfect world we live in, nothing will happen except a fake rehab to keep the headlines at bay and then a few long drawn out court cases where the best lawyers will win.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
KATE BECKINSALE:.... Another top actress comes forward.

'He couldn't remember if he assaulted me or not': Kate Beckinsale says Harvey Weinstein came onto her when she was just 17 YEARS OLD and years later prolific abuser couldn't even recall whether they'd had sex or not

In an Instagram post on Thursday, British actress Kate Beckinsale revealed how Harvey Weinstein came onto her when she was 17 years old
When she was just an ingénue, Beckinsale says Weinstein invited her to his hotel room for a meeting where he was wearing a robe and offered her alcohol
She says she made an excuse to leave before he could do anything, but turning him down has 'undoubtely harmed' her career
Years later he asked her if anything had happened when they first met - 'he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me'

Shameless Harvey Weinstein wouldn't even let age come between him and his prey, according to Kate Beckinsale.

The Underworld actress, 44, revealed in an Instagram post on Thursday that the movie mogul came onto her when she was just a 17-year-old ingénue with school the next day.

Like many of his alleged victims, Beckinsale says Weinstein tried to assault her during a hotel room meeting early on in her career.

'I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. I assumed it would be in a conference room which was very common. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room,' she wrote.

'He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.'

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Myleen Klass

'I just thought, Oh my God, your poor wife’: Myleene Klass reveals Harvey Weinstein offered her a SEX CONTRACT at lunch in Cannes - but she told him where to go before fleeing disgusted and angry

Former Hear'Say star said she was offered a 'sex contract' by Harvey Weinstein
But the TV presenter claims she told the beleaguered movie mogul to 'f*** off'
Myleene was under the impression Weinstein had wanted to discuss her career
She said she felt for his wife when a 'confidentiality contract' was put before her

TV presenter Myleene Klass was offered a 'sex contract' by Harvey Weinstein over lunch at the Cannes Film Festival in 2010, she has claimed.

But the former Hear'Say star, then aged 32, told the movie mogul to 'f*** off'.

Myleene, now 39, was apparently under the impression that the movie mogul wanted to discuss her career.

A friend of the singer told The Sun: 'She thought his intentions were genuine. But as soon as she found out what he really wanted, she told him to f*** off.'

It comes as the Metropolitan Police announced today it is reviewing an allegation against the producer dating back to the 1980s after Merseyside Police received a tip-off and referred it to them.

There has been an avalanche of claims of sexual impropriety made against the 65-year-old by some of the movie industry's most famous actresses in the last few days.

More than a dozen women - including actresses Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow - have told The New York Times and The New Yorker magazine that Weinstein had sexually harassed or sexually assaulted them.

In 2010, Myleene interviewed Weinstein at the Cannes Film Festival while she was working for American TV channel CNN.

She was afterwards invited to lunch by the producer, she said, where he allegedly propositioned her.

Speaking about her experience later that year, she explained: 'About six months ago, a newly married Hollywood star asked me to sign some kind of sex contract with him. I just thought, "Mate, which planet are you from?"'

She added: 'I was like, "Bugger, I've got main and *dessert to go – I'm stuck here".'

Myleene explained that a PA came over to her with a 'confidentiality contract', which made the former popstar think: 'Oh my God, your poor wife. I don't want to be a marriage-wrecker.'

In another interview that year, she said she left the lunch 'disgusted and angry' before phoning her then-fiancé Graham Quinn.

Back then, she refused to reveal who she had actually been propositioned by.

She explained: 'It would bring Hollywood down if the story got out. But I won't say anything. It's not my style.'

But when asked by Alan Titchmarsh in a 2010 interview who had propositioned her, she whispers a name in the presenter's ear.

He began that interview - on The Alan Titchmarsh Show - by saying: 'You're extraordinarily good-looking; you're very desirable.'

Titchmarsh then asks: 'What's this I read in the paper today about this Hollywood star propositioning you across a table?'

She then explains about 'this contract that was offered to me once by a - I've got to be careful how I say it - but somebody very well known in Hollywood.'

When Titchmarsh asks if it was a 'big Hollywood star', Myleene says yes.

She said when she was doing a 'pre-interview interview', a 'PA arrived, and two bodyguards, and some other guy - and I just felt, This doesn't feel very natural, and he then proffered a contract.'

Weinstein's personal assistant, she said, was holding the contract while Weinstein explained its contents.

At one point in the interview she appears to almost pronounce an 'H' before stopping herself and stressing: 'I'm really trying not just to say the name'.

Titshmarch then asks about the nature of the contract, joking: 'Was he suggesting an extra-murial [sic] affair?'

She replies: 'Yes, he was. Bingo.'

When Titchmarsh presses her to reveal Weinstein's identity, Myleene refuses, explaining: 'I don't know what good would come from it.'

But she then whispers it into the former Ground Force presenter's ear, to which he replies: 'No!'

He adds: 'I'd never have thought it of him. Really? Gosh.'

Myleene then says she told him, 'I'm not that kind of girl - but we were only on starters so I thought, I'm going to miss dessert now - ruined my dinner!'

Titchmarsh then jokes: 'Do you know, if only he'd have asked me I'd have told him because I tried it on and it didn't work with me either!'

She then says: 'Look, call it naive, but I didn't realise things were done so obviously.'

'You do now,' Titchmarsh replies.

She adds: 'Where are the subtleties, you know? Where's the, "Let me buy you a drink"? [Instead it's] here's your contract, don't say anything to the missus - quite shocking.'

A string of sexual harassment allegations have emerged from women who worked with him, with model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne and Kate Beckinsale among the stars to speak out.

Colin Farrell this evening spoke of his horror at the allegations of sexual harassment and assault made against Harvey Weinstein, and his hope that changes will be made.

The actor, who will next be seen in dark drama The Killing Of A Sacred Deer, described the accounts of abuse as 'atrocious'.

Arriving at the film's premiere at the BFI London Film Festival, he told the Press Association: 'It's horrific, it's just mad.

'I'm just watching it unfold and then tearing myself away from it and realising the horribleness of it all and the wrongdoing, fundamentally, around the whole thing and just wish healing for everyone and that changes are made.

'I hope anyone who was hurt that they have healing, it's just atrocious really.'

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which hosts the Oscars, described the sexual abuse allegations against Weinstein as 'repugnant' and 'abhorrent', and said it would meet on Saturday to discuss any action to be taken.

aquavitae

you re not doing anyone a favor when these things are kept under wraps. things like this should never be a taboo. happens way too often, probably still more often than is reported. if you have a mother, daughter, sister or wife ( and one of these apply ) then this affects you as well, even if you re not female. nothing manly or alpha about rape.

fuck weinstein and his corrupt bitchmade crooks hiding behind their advocates.

unlikely that weinstein will have to go to prison, but you know what happens with rapists in prison. really uncomfortable details you posted nirvana but people should know the truth if it is actually true.

people get behind bars because of smoking weed, no one bats an eye. bitchmade tyrans abuse people in the open and theres actually people defending those. no wonder they walk around with like 8 bodyguards, they are so scared. wonder what a trial for a weinstein looks like in a free country?

AV

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Will Harvey Weinstein Finally Kill the Old Boys' Network?

How many more days are left for the “dinosaurs” of media and entertainment to roam the Earth?

The cascade of revelations about Harvey Weinstein’s allegedly terrible and lewd behavior has unearthed plenty of victims—scores of them, in fact. But the story may have revealed other, different kinds of casualties, as well: similar, unnamed men in powerful positions who prey upon the less powerful, and their allies, who silently and tacitly accept bad behavior as—in the words of Weinstein’s former lawyer—the stuff that “old dinosaurs” do. Make no mistake, Weinstein’s spectacular fall from grace and power represents a seismic change in attitudes toward sexual assault and sexual harassment in this country. But it may also put a nail in the coffin of the old boys’ network.

NBC, where I worked for nearly five years, is presently on its heels to defend the decision to kill the Weinstein story, initially brought to them by the network’s now-former correspondent Ronan Farrow (who would eventually publish his findings in The New Yorker). NBC News president Noah Oppenheim defended his network’s decision this week, telling employees in a town hall that Farrow’s story lacked elements necessary for publication, but that the network “didn’t want to stand in [Farrow’s] way” and therefore allowed him to take the story to The New Yorker.

A HuffPost report on the decision-making inside NBC tells a somewhat different story—that Farrow had several highly reportable items on Weinstein and was ready to go on air (and online) with the story but was told that:

the story had to go up to NBC News Chairman Andy Lack for approval and that the story would be under review by Steve Burke, executive vice president of Comcast and president and CEO of NBCUniversal—a highly unusual level of scrutiny, according to three NBC News staffers, who had never heard of Burke’s office needing to review a story.

Ultimately, NBC passed on the story and Farrow—with the help of the writer Ken Auletta and the editor David Remnick at The New Yorker—published his giant-killing story on Weinstein.
Related Stories

In the Valley of the Open Secret
What Harvey Weinstein's Apology Reveals

To outsiders, NBC’s decision seems unfortunate at best and nefarious at worst, especially when paired with its move last fall to delay the release of the Access Hollywood recordings featuring then-candidate Donald Trump boasting to network star Billy Bush about sexual assault. It doesn’t help matters that the chain of command in NBC’s decision-making process to kill a major story about the alleged sexual predation of young women reportedly featured an all-male cast. This, regardless of whatever protestations and explanations have been issued (including the defense that Farrow may have somehow been compromised given Weinstein’s relations with his estranged father, Woody Allen), is what most outsiders envision when they hear the phrase “old boys’ network”—a group of men acting in their own and each others’ best interests, everyone else be damned.

So it was—to much greater and possibly illegal degree—following sexual harassment allegations involving the Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly and the Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes: Their respective indiscretions were apparently known inside the building, but the men were not held accountable until reports emerged in the press. Certain old dinosaurs were still trampling the Earth, apparently.

But for how much longer? The stories of Weinstein, O’Reilly, and Ailes may signal a death knell for this kind of culture, at least in the world of media. While the Fox News management infrastructure has in some part been rebuilt and NBC is in enough of a defensive crouch that the network, according to Oppenheim, is vowing publicly to “keep digging” and “keep pursuing these stories,” the reality is that the world of media won’t tolerate Jurassic behavior for much longer. Not simply because the American audience is decidedly less tolerant when it comes to sexual assault and harassment, but because the media itself has evolved.

The unwritten rules about protecting those in power, it seems clear, are on the decline.

The editorial power grid is increasingly horizontal, not vertical—a result of both leaner budgets and a news cycle that rewards scoops and speed over institutional process. The days of high-powered editors and executive producers sequestering themselves behind closed doors are increasingly rare. Go to any newsroom and you’ll see row after row of bullpen desks and very few offices—or even, for that matter, doors. The landscape is decidedly more democratic, more rewarding of traffic spikes than reputations kept intact.

The age of top editors is decreasing—to gather facts and information in the 21st century is increasingly, and however questionably, a young person’s game (see: the departure of Graydon Carter). And younger men and women have decidedly different ideas not only about sexual harassment, but also as it concerns toppling kings—born, as they were, to a generation where institutional failure has been the norm. Here is the flip side of today’s cheaper, faster news media, bemoaned for its obsession with pageviews and social-media traction, its cursory fact-checking and thirst for the sensational: Viciousness also breeds iconoclasm.

It is worth noting that the Weinstein revelations were disclosed not by an upstart online publication but by two venerable outlets that are nearly a century (or more) old. (The same is true for the Access Hollywood tapes, the existence of which were first reported by The Washington Post.) And that their respective editors, Dean Baquet, David Remnick, and Marty Baron, are not 20-somethings, but solidly middle-aged. Here is perhaps the most persuasive evidence that the days of the elite protectorate are dwindling: The media institutions that remain, the ones that still have doors and salaried fact-checkers (if not as many as before), are intent to prove their merit and relevance, as well as their virtuosity. This—especially in the last few years—has produced some very gutsy journalism, much of which is rooted deeply in the ethos of speaking truth to power. The success that these institutions have found in so doing would seem to suggest that there will be more of this kind of reporting, not less.

The fallout from the Weinstein allegations and the scrutiny that NBC has faced demonstrates the hazard of appearing to err on the side of the powerful and in-command, at the cost of accountability and transparency. No one is likely to know—or admit—if decisions were made to preserve relationships or avoid costly litigation, but it seems clear that an old way of doing things, and the attendant, unwritten rules about protecting those in power, are on the decline. As the old saying goes: Publish or perish.

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...ein-finally-kill-the-old-boys-network/542805/

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Where there is one, there will be two. Where there is a couple, there will be gaggle.

Where there is one, there will be two. Where there is a couple, there will be gaggle.

I think we kinda seen this movie before: Harvey is the "one" we are talking about today...and as more accusers come forward blaming Harvey, some will blame another giant (now we have "two").

And as more pervs (assholes that can't keep their dick in their pockets) are targeted--instead of having just a few accusers, there will be a "gaggle" of accusers...attacking a "gaggle" of pervs.

Now let's see if this "sex to play" shit grabs traction and jumps from the "movie industry" to other facets of the entertainment industry. In my prior life, I briefly worked in the "music industry" and it was common knowledge that if you wanted to headline at certain Hollywood venues (especially weekends)--you needed a "boy" to guarantee your spot. Preferably one that was under 13.

If...and that is a big IF....If this "sex to play" shit is really exposed and continues to be front page news, then the Hollywood Elite will do what they do best: Circle the wagons and shoot at those outside their circle...which I see as "self culling"--sweet!

This is probably good news for Trumpy and Company--since Hollywood Elites will be too busy playing the shell game (find the pea under three walnut shells) to hide their "collusion". You see, their silence was tacit approval for what these sex pervs did for decades to innocent young girls and boys...they colluded to shield the wrong--and they knew better (period). Everyone is a potential target.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think we kinda seen this movie before: Harvey is the "one" we are talking about today...and as more accusers come forward blaming Harvey, some will blame another giant (now we have "two").

And as more pervs (assholes that can't keep their dick in their pockets) are targeted--instead of having just a few accusers, there will be a "gaggle" of accusers...attacking a "gaggle" of pervs.

Now let's see if this "sex to play" shit grabs traction and jumps from the "movie industry" to other facets of the entertainment industry. In my prior life, I briefly worked in the "music industry" and it was common knowledge that if you wanted to headline at certain Hollywood venues (especially weekends)--you needed a "boy" to guarantee your spot. Preferably one that was under 13.

If...and that is a big IF....If this "sex to play" shit is really exposed and continues to be front page news, then the Hollywood Elite will do what they do best: Circle the wagons and shoot at those outside their circle...which I see as "self culling"--sweet!

This is probably good news for Trumpy and Company--since Hollywood Elites will be too busy playing the shell game (find the pea under three walnut shells) to hide their "collusion". You see, their silence was tacit approval for what these sex pervs did for decades to innocent young girls and boys...they colluded to shield the wrong--and they knew better (period). Everyone is a potential target.

Sounds like Rotherham UK....but on a MUCH GRANDER scale.

Badfishy1

The 'media' only talks about what they are 'allowed' to take about. I know a gentleman who used to work for the local paper. All crime was ran through the LEA before any press was given. That was just on local level. I'm sure the puppet masters in the national/ world news organizations pull that much more clout

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
A reporter asked Hillary if Harvey was like her husband. She said "close, but no cigar".

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... I'm sure the puppet masters in the national/ world news organizations pull that much more clout

That's NOT how it worked out for Roger Ailes (CEO FOX News) and Bill O'Reilly.

..... lucky for Roger he died or he might have ended up sharing a cell with Harvey. ;)

jidoka

Shit...to be rich, famous, set for life...who amongst us would not suck one fat, uncut, probably nasty Jew cock. Quit lying to yourownself

W

Water-

Imagine how the women in his movies feel now that the whole world knows what they did to get their jobs?

H

HaHaHashish

who amongst us would not suck one fat, uncut, probably nasty Jew cock.

well, you can count out, but go right ahead jidoka, he's all yours.

any sorry to disappoint you, but being a Jew, he definitely has been circumcised.