What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom hill's Pine Tar Kush

R

Rubber Chicken

Ok, thanks.

So you could use it to stable up some really good but unstable plant with some breeding?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Just glancing a few of these last comments have not read the entire thread but briefly. Everything i have ever brought to the table (outside of sams haze line i grow) is extremely divergent germplasm, i did not just make up some bullshit story and rename some dutch crap. People often fail to understand the significance. The significance lies in an occurrence referred to as transgression. I am not going to give exact maths here i do not have them in hand, but briefly,, crossing og out to chem will get you a better plant than either much LESS frequently than crossing OG out to more divergent germplasm - this greatly enhances your odds. I am sorry to have let folks down who thought they were gunna come out of the gate grow something i brought to the table in a cash crop situation from seed - i never did..

oceangrownkush

Veteran
We're pulling for ya Tom.. Ive been hungry to sample a true old world plant for so long! I think I may just buy a few packs of X18 sometime soon and scratch that itch..

HL45

Veteran
Unfortunately i have been trapped in a holding pattern these last couple of years but have high hopes of getting back on top of my needs and again being able to pursue my wants again soon... ask me again one month from now after a hopeful harvest. :)

Will do, with drought, code enforcement, and the fires this year, the market should have some substantial price increases. Hope you have a bountiful harvest tom

Tom, good luck in getting back on your feet. I will be there to support your business when you do. Please do keep us abreast of things in your world - this is a community and there are a lot of growers who would love to assist I am sure.

Cannavore

Veteran
just got a pack of PTK (which i assume derives from Tom's?), and a bag of PTK f2's =) diving in in 2016.

Brother Monk's was derived from Tom's, but best not mentioning that name in front of Tom. Were these private acquisitions or can these be found somewhere Cannavore? Will you be making seed from them?

Cannavore

Veteran
Brother Monk's was derived from Tom's, but best not mentioning that name in front of Tom. Were these private acquisitions or can these be found somewhere Cannavore? Will you be making seed from them?

well i apologize tom. i wasn't around in those days to know any better :tiphat:
they were received in a private trade. about making seeds, who knows. i have to grow them out first. but if i don't like what i find the odds of reproducing them will be slim.

highsteppa

Veteran
The PTK is rugged. Last 2 seasons they've been popping up out of my
compost pile. This season one popped in an old kitchen compost in the sun and got big. Didn't even notice it until it was knee high growing out of the weeds.

It finished full purple at the end of October. Withstood 2 good frosts and the last one killed it. I seeded the whole plant and not a speck of mold. Usually seeds are a magnet for mold but this had none, Frosty too..smokes pretty balanced, leaning on the up-side of things. :tiphat:

Shizzlenator

I'm growing ptk X Core cut (called pine haze) which makes the first place in the ICmagCup in 2014.
Got the resin from the corecut and smell and stonedness from the PTK. One of my all time fav. :)

Cloneman

Veteran
Back in the overgrow days (2004) Tom sent me (to the UK) packs of PTK, DC, Cripple Creek and SCBB x PTK free bless him.

anyone ever grown out the ptk x scbb before?

They were the first to be popped (2004), really liked the keeper, great smoke and good yield. At the time i described the smell as > a pear drop sweet got stuck to a skunks arse that lived in a pine tree > mmmm