What's new

Is she done?

BD3262

Well this is my first grow and I dont want to harvest her early; and also sorry if this isnt the right place for this thread. There is a nute issue, which I for some reason cannot correct, resulting in the leaf yellowing im thinking (brown tips are burn I think). Anyways... I was wondering how much longer I should wait to flush (in hydro so I was going to do a 3-day flush) and then harvest her? After reading it appears that I am looking for 70-90% cloudy with the remainder being amber and clear, so I think I have a majority of them cloudy, so whats the eta I am looking at to flush at cut her down to dry? Thanks for the help!

-BD

C

cannaisok

i like to chop with moon... 2.nov-8.nov would be the next good chop-window
i never chop before at least the first ambers appear. at least indoors.
looking good. id say one more week wont hurt imo.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Not yet, if you look at the trichomes you've got a few with blobs on top and lots that are just stalks, you need to wait until they've all got swollen globes on top, by which time the first ones will be amber

stonerpros

if you're doing hydro is it possible to harvest part of the plant when it's ready while you allow the rest to mature? Or do you have to pretty much do it all after flushing?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Well this is my first grow and I dont want to harvest her early; and also sorry if this isnt the right place for this thread. There is a nute issue, which I for some reason cannot correct, resulting in the leaf yellowing im thinking (brown tips are burn I think). Anyways... I was wondering how much longer I should wait to flush (in hydro so I was going to do a 3-day flush) and then harvest her? After reading it appears that I am looking for 70-90% cloudy with the remainder being amber and clear, so I think I have a majority of them cloudy, so whats the eta I am looking at to flush at cut her down to dry? Thanks for the help!

-BD

"If you have to ask if it's ready then wait another week and chop" :2cents:

if you're doing hydro is it possible to harvest part of the plant when it's ready while you allow the rest to mature? Or do you have to pretty much do it all after flushing?

Seems like you are only going to be making more work for yourself. Wait for the average ripeness you are looking for across the entire plant and then chop. The lowers are going to be mostly B grade, if not larf anyways. Chop the whole plant and hang the sucker up like that to buck the fans off and dry accordingly.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

You can do it, no problem.

BD3262

So then should I hold off on my flush, or should I start flushing it now? Its in a DWC and ive read that I need to flush for about two weeks but ive also read only for a few days because its in hydro?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We do strictly organic soil.

Here's what hydro/DWC acquaintance said. I'm sure others will steer you the right way.

"It's good practice to flush for the minimal 10 to 14 days! There's different factors that dictates when and how you flush the biggest is timing! I mostly flush 2 wks. from what I physically see from the plant calyx development, color trichs me development! Another factor is the brand nutes you use also, some brands just seem they take longer to flush and the culprit is usually excess nitrogen and phosphorous stored in the plant that doesn't get used or expelled during or after the flush. Just try and give a good 2 wk. flush that should give a better tasting end product!"

Sounds logical to me.

BD3262

We do strictly organic soil.

Here's what hydro/DWC acquaintance said. I'm sure others will steer you the right way.

"It's good practice to flush for the minimal 10 to 14 days! There's different factors that dictates when and how you flush the biggest is timing! I mostly flush 2 wks. from what I physically see from the plant calyx development, color trichs me development! Another factor is the brand nutes you use also, some brands just seem they take longer to flush and the culprit is usually excess nitrogen and phosphorous stored in the plant that doesn't get used or expelled during or after the flush. Just try and give a good 2 wk. flush that should give a better tasting end product!"

Sounds logical to me.

So with my bud development should I wait for the plant to start to show a few amber trics then flush it, or do I want it to have a few amber trics when the flush is completed?

Latest posts

Latest posts