What's new

First plant Purple problem

Mr Peetahh

Hi, i'm a new member and i grow a seed of purple 2 week ago..today my little cousin grab it and broke it in the middle.. how can i fix it? I try to grow the gamble where is broke

GainGreene

Smack your cousin so he won't do it again that should fix the problem. As for the plant what size is it? Does it still have leaves? Still in a pot with roots etc? Need more info

Mr Peetahh

Yees it is in a little pot(2 lt), it have roots and 6-7 leaves yet, i hope that is not totally broken but only a superficial signal, i think that the high is 15-16 cm, how i can post any photos? So you can see it

GainGreene

Ok well it sounds like the little fella is still intact. I was picturing in my mind some little :sasmokin:child came at you with your plant in hand and broke that baby in two and laughed in your face with a evil grin. These plants are very strong so just keep an eye on it and all should be well!
scotts-turf-builder-weed-and-feed-evil-weeds-large-8.jpg

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
You can tape it together, or making a splint isn't a bad idea. In a few days it'll mend up. Be sure to do it as soon as possible.

GainGreene

Sometimes these mistakes you can learn from as these plants are very hardy and adapt to what is thrown at them best as possible. GL with it wish you a successful harvest.

Flowjo

Had a rake fall on mine still kicking
But I do have question with the temps fallin
Into 40s is it harvest time

therevverend

Veteran
As long as it's not freezing the cold is ok. The humidity is important if it's 70-80% mold is imminent. If the forecast is sunshine no worries.
I'd go by how the plant looks. If it's throwing out white hairs it's not done. Wait until the caylxes swell up, hairs change color from white, and and the flowers are coated in resin. Don't worry about the resin turning amber can't wait that long this time of year plus I'm not a fan of it anyway.
If the limbs turn white or moldy and the flowers wilt, you find patches of grey mold in the flowers, or the weather man says frost you probably want to hack it down.