What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I have some thoughts about my setup, please?

crbarros

Hey guys :),

First time here, thank you for your kindness most of all
clear.png

So, here in my country we get really shitty weed most of the times and I decided to start some research to grow by my own. I live in a small place and don´t need more than one small plant, so my thoughts are that a CPU setup would do the job for my first grow
clear.png

As you can see by the pics, my setup is something like that:

- 3x 32W CFLS (2 on the side and 1 on the top of the plant);
- aluminium foil on all the CPU walls, so we can get more of the light turning to the plant;
- 22cm x 19cm x 40cm area;
- 1 cpu fan on the top to cool off the inside
- temperatures around 25C - 30C
- plant is about 10cm tall and 2w old

So, I have a few beginner questions for you all: Do you think it´s enough light for a small plant? Do you think there is enough space in this container for the roots?

2Q==
Z

Attachments

• IMG_20161017_203345602_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161017_203345602_HDR.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20161017_203405251_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161017_203405251_HDR.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6
Heya bud, for now yes to both of your questions.
"for now"
I would take the top light as high as possible get it centred and lock it in,
the other two I would take up 2 thirds of the way up and lock it in one on each side, try hit all angles
just use a stand to get the plant closer to the lights, 1 inch away from light is good, keep them horizontal (like your top light to preserve inner space) vertical for the sides
change out the clear pot holder, if your using nutes the light will make it all funky,
the side ones may have to be moved in the future as the plant grows higher/taller.
probably want to train the plant down, so maybe a mainlined scrog trim with 4-8 tops, mainlining/manifolding looks fun, ive never done it but maybe I can learn from you.
but your going to be sacrificing quality with the set up, not sure how much a 20-50 watt grow will produce. but id say it will produce probably worse then what your buying on the street.
but if you doing it for fun, its gonna be hella fun, imagine showing us what you created when its done! I cant imagine doing one like this, I'm too greedy, I tried to do something similar with an old fridge, gutted it right out, started as a cloning sanctuary, now its got a 3-4 foot beast in it.
its addictive,

P.S
don't get me confused with someone who actually knows what he is talking about :)
these are just my opinions, hope they were useful

Genes

That 32 watt bulb on top is enough for that seedling for a little while. Turn off the other two for now and keep the temps down a little more will keep the plant heathier. Looks like you may be warming that soil with the bulbs beside it. I would try to get the bulbs up top and then bend your plant over as it grows to fill the space as much as possible. I may recommend to take the tinfoil out as it creates hotspots, but it may also be keeping your box lightproof. If you are near grow shop spend a few bucks on some panda plastic.

just my 2c :)

Enjoy your adventure and have fun! Looks like you're off to a great start.

Latest posts

Latest posts