What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many can i fit

Dr.gnome

hello friends , I will be running a 4x4 flood table in a tent under a 1000 w. My question for all is roughly how many can i fit on the table? ... 6 inch or 4 inch rockwool cube??.. also dont plan on topping . thanks for the input

raven44

With my sativas, I only go four plants in 15 gal pots at most. And That's somewhat crowded

But with indicas like my blueberry it's short doesn't get too big so I'd do six prob undwr a light

Same with my lav kush, it gets tall but stays small and compact so I could fit six under a light in 15 gal pots.

I veg em to be 1-2' tall (sativas 1') (indicas 2') and flip em. Never top, only cut off the suckers for training

So it depends on veg time (how tall u allow the plant to be before u flower it) and also genetics (sativa/indica)

Sativas when flowered will stretch wayy more than indicas. My agent orange flowered at 16" finishes out 50-60" tall

My blueberry flowered at 16" finishes out at prob 22" lol

My lav kush flowered at 16" finishes out at 48-50"

I don't think rockwool cube size is the variable to be concerned with. More personal preference. The variable to be concerned with imo is genetics and height of the plant when flowered

Hope this helps :)

Dr.gnome

With my sativas, I only go four plants in 15 gal pots at most. And That's somewhat crowded

But with indicas like my blueberry it's short doesn't get too big so I'd do six prob undwr a light

Same with my lav kush, it gets tall but stays small and compact so I could fit six under a light in 15 gal pots.

I veg em to be 1-2' tall (sativas 1') (indicas 2') and flip em. Never top, only cut off the suckers for training

So it depends on veg time (how tall u allow the plant to be before u flower it) and also genetics (sativa/indica)

Sativas when flowered will stretch wayy more than indicas. My agent orange flowered at 16" finishes out 50-60" tall

My blueberry flowered at 16" finishes out at prob 22" lol

My lav kush flowered at 16" finishes out at 48-50"

I don't think rockwool cube size is the variable to be concerned with. More personal preference. The variable to be concerned with imo is genetics and height of the plant when flowered

Hope this helps :)

Thank you so much those numbers were really helpful

bigbadbiddy

I obsessed over that question when I started to plan everything because I want to go pheno hunting and maximizing the number of plants I can run each round was/is very important to me.

However:
In the end, you can calculate and calculate but you will have to try it out. It depends a lot on how you grow in your individual setup in the end.

In my main flower chamber I can fit 4x4 5gallon pots but then there is very little leftover space and they are packed quite tight.

Normally people would advice against that in flower because then the plants can take each other's light away etc. .

However, in my situation the 5 gallon pots are quite "large" and I don't want to grow such huge plants as I am more about selection. The 5 gallon size is mainly because I run no-till (or "limited till") organic soil and smaller containers are not too great in that system.
So if I keep the plants short, the large containers afford them enough space even when they are packed tight.

That being said, I currently run 7 females in the same place that were vegged for well over 2 months (was late on getting the flowering chamber ready) and they are accordingly big.

With these plants I would not be able to run more than 3x3 in the same space because they would indeed shadow each other.

Can also scrog/sog the plants and then again 4x4 would be alright etc.

You see there are many factors.

I would consider calculating the max amount of plants that would fit (just from container dimensions) and the min amount of plants.

Then go with the min amount for your first round and see if they need the space or you can shoot for the max amount next round.

Take it from there and find your sweet spot.

kanzzzz

All depends on what you want to yeild and how quickly you want to crop. Plant count can come into this.

You could maybe fit 16 cutting in there , veg them for a week or two and get an ounce a plant give or take in about 10 weeks. Giving you 16 oz . Kinda like a SOG
Pros- Quick veg
cons - High plant count

Or you could put 4 plants in there and veg them for like 5 weeks and (SCROG THEM) , then flower and get the same yeild give or take but it will take like 13 weeks.
Pros- few plants
cons - longer cycle

All my math is pulled out my ass its just used to get the point across.

Always wise to think about plant count, even when it comes to cuttings . Depending where you live ofc.