What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with the Claw issue please

fabee0840

Facts:

I am growing a Mama Mia Strain in an organic blend of soil. I had been using MG in the Veg state, but I switched a few weeks ago so I think it used up all the MG nutes.

The claw has shown up in the past 3 weeks. The leaves are dark green, with some lightening yellow as with over watering. Maybe it;s related to the clawing as it may be getting too much N. But I don't think so I haven't watered in a few days. The plant is in my closet with 3 fluorescent lights on on so the claw might be related to to much heat, but not showing signs of light burn, so idk. I don't want to water or add nutes until I know what the problem is so please help.

I switched to the 12/12 light cycle a few days ago and she already started to show her female parts! which I am very happy about.

What can be the cause of the claw and how do I fix it? please help. A picture is provided

Attachments

• IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 12

Dankwolf

You have a good amount of nut burn on tips and plant is a bit too dark green so i would say too much nitrogen and looks to be slitely over watered . i ran fluorescent screww in bulbs in 40 watts and you could touch the plant to bulb with little burn lol . so i would say lay off the n and water a little less each watering . also if it were me i would use plan water (or ro water) for the next week or so . then slowly switch to bloom nutes after 2 weeks of 12/12 . clawing is not bad yet . good luck hope that helps .

fabee0840

Dankwolf - I know I have some nut burn, I already addressed that issue as I am a new grower and didn't realize I had hot soil I used MG and added more nutes. the nut burn was bad but the new growth came back strong. I have only been giving it regular water.

I don't know how it could get more N from just regular water and MG soil. after I transplanted into this organic soil, but i a good amount of the MG soil came over when I transplanted into a bigger pot and I filled in with the organic soil. So I have not been adding any extra nutes.

I want to get the Clawing under control before it gets worse.

M

meowmeowmeow

What's the average temperature within the grow space?
Just saying heat or airflow could be an issue.

Good luck.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
yeah, my bet would be nitrogen toxicity from over feeding and so i'd be doing a thorough flush to rinse out the excess nitrogen and then i'd be just watering until the plant looks much less dark green.

...you may think you've already addressed this but my guess is all you did was switch but without a giod flush.

peace, bozo

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'm not familiar with Mamma Mia. I have done some Peyote Purple and they can claw naturally on their own to some extent. Some manures are very hot also. If these were transferred into the new pot your plant could have this happen through harvest. Do a soil Ph test and also check your water Ph. If they are over 7 or under this can be fixed easily. There are many threads on soil issues you can read. 6.3 to 7.3 if digital reader is fine and your plants will thrive with proper lighting and temperatures. I hope this helps you. Peace Ps most hardware stores have Ph gauges for $7 to $10 each.

Latest posts

Latest posts