What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guru Needed

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Is there a guru who knows what's going on with my leaves here?

picture.php
picture.php

M

meowmeowmeow

I second the spider mites.
Just had them and found out after gifting garden, so my protege had his first bout too.

These are the breaks...............:joint:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
This seems weird, but only one plant has it. The rest look clean.

BTW, Costa Brava is great.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
This seems weird, but only one plant has it. The rest look clean.

BTW, Costa Brava is great.

They attack the tastiest plants first, and/or the ones they first came in on

I would simply pull off all those badly affected leaves, you are halfway through flowering ??

Yes, Costa Brava is lovely, I have a few friends up there so get to enjoy those beaches :)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

I would simply pull off all those badly affected leaves, you are halfway through flowering ??

Yes, Costa Brava is lovely, I have a few friends up there so get to enjoy those beaches :)

The pistols turned brown a while ago. It's pretty close to harvest but no amber yet in the tricomes. Seven other plants in the tent. All seem unaffected. I got a natural pyrethrin fogger to bomb (Doctor Doom) the tent with and also pyrethrin spray and neem oil to spray for the plants. Hoping to get some confirmation on the plan before launching the attack 8).

Asked my wife to marry me on one of those beaches. The food too, Paella... Lived in Belgium for seven years and drove to Roses and San Feliu deb Guixols. Great memories.

Soundy

I feel for anyone with spider mite problems, it's a nightmare. I literally gave up battling them outdoors after 9 months. Good luck & pay close attention as you got to get onto it as soon as possible. The underside of the leaves will need lot's of attention.

It helps if you pull off the leaves with lots of spidermites and eggs on them.

This works best later in flower when you may be going to defoliate anyway.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
The pistols turned brown a while ago. It's pretty close to harvest but no amber yet in the tricomes. Seven other plants in the tent. All seem unaffected. I got a natural pyrethrin fogger to bomb (Doctor Doom) the tent with and also pyrethrin spray and neem oil to spray for the plants. Hoping to get some confirmation on the plan before launching the attack 8).

Asked my wife to marry me on one of those beaches. The food too, Paella... Lived in Belgium for seven years and drove to Roses and San Feliu deb Guixols. Great memories.

Well, just pull off the badly affected leaves for now, don't spray any poisons once they go into flowering... Soapy water is the only thing and is surprisingly effective. Many plants get too resinous for mites to really travel once they are in the later stages of flowering and they have much less effect on the crop by then.. so chill IMO

Roses... Yes, is lovely, all around there, a friend from there is coming down for a smokeout today, Girona is quite different to Barcelona and Tarragona to the South, more rich hippies and big houses, a lot of grows up there.

I wouldn't mention Paella to the locals ;) ... it is seen as "Spanish food" and not really a Catalan dish, it is really a working man's filler food, made with anything lying around. Rats, Squirrels and Snails all go in, you just make it with whatever is to hand, Paella Marinera only ever existed near the sea.

A friend guerrilla growing was nearly caught by an illegal snail poacher, in June/July/August, 3 or 4 days after very rare rains, an endangered snail comes out to eat rosemary, it is endangered because they took so many for Paellas, it gives an amazing rosemary taste you cannot get from just rosemary.... if you get caught by the very efficient Forestals police, it is a E3,000 fine for hunting them, plus e500 pr snail.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Sounds like the good way to go with this plant so close to harvest. It's probably a good idea to treat the clean looking plants as a preventative measure. I can pull them out and fog the tent.

I've driven the E-15 several times. Beautiful where the mountains reach down to the med. From 89-96 I flew to Barcelona about once a month. Lots of nights in the old El Presidente hotel. That's some serious escargot.

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yes,,with chaos and others,,spideys,,,,,Dr schimmel will nuke them is you can get that in Espana,,,,
Chaos,,,costa brava? does that include the "wild west" ? ,,
OOPs i meant Torrevieja,,,,:biggrin: lol,,lol,,s2:tiphat:

Dog Star

Veteran
I like story on rosemary snail...

was live on Costa Brava in a year 2000 and 2003 but never hurd for a snail.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Yes,,with chaos and others,,spideys,,,,,Dr schimmel will nuke them is you can get that in Espana,,,,
Chaos,,,costa brava? does that include the "wild west" ? ,,
OOPs i meant Torrevieja,,,,:biggrin: lol,,lol,,s2:tiphat:

In the Agricultural warehouses you can get some proper nuke level shit, but there also seems to be a bit of a move to stop growshops selling anything funky.. probably not a bad thing

Torrejieja.. LOL... A friend who was here at the weekend visits his mum there, a different world, I cannot actually think of a Golf course within an hours drive of here. The Costa Brava is a lot more like S France than the Costa Blanca or Del Sol and I do not know if there is an English bar in the whole city, certainly somewhere to avoid if there was ;)

:tiphat:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
looks like spidermites to me. indoors or out? so far i haven't found anything to be 100% effective on my outdoor. but indoors they die very easy with a homemade spray i made up/stole/remembered from somewhere/gleaned/whoknows. but you take some hot pepper, hottest you can source, i use habanero. chop em up in nice thin pieces, don't dice though unless you like more work than necessary. slice up some fresh garlic, to make it easy for myself i only slit it about 80% through and if you have some fresh tomato leaves you can crush up a handful up those too. put all this in a bottle/container and fill with water. i use like 2 habaneros, 3-4 cloves of garlic per gallon of water. i let this sit for at least 48 hours. the longer it sits the stronger it gets up til about a week then it just becomes stinkier past that point. also do not tightly seal the container while you're brewing this "Tea" of sorts. you will get anaerobic bacteria in there faster. more stink less effective.

anyway after the 48-however many hours are in a week strain the liquid into another container. it will be reeking and burny so don't get it in your eyes. take this strained liquid and pour into a spraying container and add equal parts oil (can be as simple as olive oil, i mix in any essential oils i can find to aid in the killing and warding off of pests) and dish soap. i wouldn't go over like 1/4cup total mixture oil/soap per gallon. your shits gonna be super thick. anyway mix all this shit together in your sprayer, shake it up good to emulsify the oil then spray on the undersides of your leaves first. get that shit way up in there.

Wait wait wait....first... go over your plant and all the leaves with the most amount of spots that make it look almost like theres a white streak down the middle. lemme get a pic for you...

picture.php

all the major fan leaves and especially the secondary leaves (NOT THE BUD LEAVES CLOSES TO THE BUDS BUT THE LARGER ONES ON THAT BRANCH THAT THE STEM EXTENDS INTO THE BUD) where they hide easiest. all the leaves that look like this or worse (all the pale ones that look like they're white in the middle). just remove them.
A.) they have the most bugs on em.
B.) they're the most damaged
and
C.) the most useless.

after you prune them out, then you will spray the underside of the leaves and buds, get all in there nice and wet. then go over the top side and spray it all down nice and drippy.

leave it and let it dry naturally if you are indoors with good ventilation. if outside with bad airflow, high humidity etc, let is sit for up to an hour or however you like, but afterwards go out and shake your plants real good to get those flowers dried out before nightfall.

outside i would spray it everyday if you can, they're just gonna keep coming back. indoors you spray once every 2 days. they should be all gone by the time you go to spray the 2-3rd time. but keep it up every 3 days throughout grow if you like. it's just water oil and spices. the only side effect is everything will smell peppery and garlicky for a while after you spray and you will prolly think someone is cooking something awesome...but no...just bug spray. you will be sad...but just smoke some weed and go eat a cookie. by the time you're done eating it you will feel better i swaer. :tiphat:

i have successfully used this on -Aphids, Gnats (fliers), spidermites indoors, and ants can't stand it. any other pests you commonly get...i've been fortunate to not have to encounter down here and as such dunno if this will work on em. or i haven't tested it on em. like caterpillars slugs and snails some other common pests here.

Halakon

use Greencleaner, it works in flower and drys in like 3-4 minutes and is only Alcohol, pepermint,citric acid,water, honestly it will wipe them out with repeat treatment 3 days, and wont effect your end product much if you really need them gone to save other plants i say do it

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i wouldn't personally spray any alcohol on my plants in flower beyond maybe week 2. alcohol is a solvent...it'll melt the trichomes right off...

alcohol will kill spidermites dead on contact. if your plants are in veg, get the purest isopropyl you can find, put in a spray bottle with fine mist and wet your plants top to bottom. no more spidermites. shit it kills roaches too if it's high enough %. ant's all kinda shit...isn't that what they kill bugs with anyway when you mount em under glass?