What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 6 Girls

rocker

Thanks for any comments and just coming by and taking a look, I know we love our pictures. These are still my point and shoot camera, I am going to break out the DSLR if 5 megs doesn't get close up enough to use for harvest purposes, so stay tuned.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Loving the super lemon haze, great hues of purple and the overall plant structure is superb. Thanks for deciding to join the forum, the few and the far reside here.

rocker

Thanks Guys, So exciting, I can't wait. It's beginning to smell like Christmas is going to be sweet!

Any thoughts on the yellow leaves on the Jack Herer 1?, and is the SLH1 a darker than normal green, it's the only one so dark a shade of green?

Thanks - Rocker

They look great! No worries on the yellowing. Just signs the cycle is coming to an end. As far as the dark green, I wouldn't worry about it at this stage in the grow. The nugs look great and the growth surrounding them. That's what I'd be worried about if there was irregularities but there's not. As far as I am concerned take em to the finish line and pat yourself on the back!

Peace

Man the more I look at the photos, your in that window on all of them to pull the trigger... IMO....... What technique you gonna use on the chop?

packerfan79

Veteran
Damn Rocker,

Them girls are looking gorgeous. It's going to be an epic harvest. I find the vast majority of strains require 10 weeks minimum. I went 11 on my recent harvest. Which went awesome. So far 1 have 3.25 ounces in the jars with 3 significantly bigger plants still hanging. 3.25 ounces from 3 plants not a bad haul. The led only pulls 200 watts. I think 7-8 ounces total. It's a far cry from the 10 pounds of the last crop. But I will certainly enjoy it.

I really like the look of that slh, we grew some years ago at my buddy's "ranch" lol. Wasn't much of a ranch, a goat ranch mabey. It gave me the worst munchies ever. Really tasty stuff.

What's the info on the led? Looks like it's doing the job well. I am sold on led tech after my first run. I am running 3 Samsung strips. I don't know to much about it. A buddy built them.

rocker

Day 72 Green Crack #2

Day 72 Green Crack #2

So I am going to Harvest this girl this week-end. I didn't get the Trichome close up clarity I was hoping for with the camera, I upped the size to 7 MG from 3 put when I look at photo at full size the tric go blurry. Loupe says 50-50 clear & amber some amber.

rocker

Green Crack #2

Green Crack #2

I think this one needs another week, but I will be taking it down with the others.

Last edited:

rocker

Super Lemon Haze #2

Super Lemon Haze #2

I think this one needs another week also, but I am going to chop it too. I am out of time.

Last edited:

rocker

SUPER LEMON HAZE #1

SUPER LEMON HAZE #1

This one has me SUPER DUPER Crazed, ready to chop this weekend.

80-20Cloudy to clear with amber heads about.

rocker

Jack Herer #1

Jack Herer #1

And this girl is looking ready as well, 60-40 cloudy to clear w/ amber.

So 4 of the 6 are coming down this week end, I am going to try the freezer method after hanging for 5 days because I am going out of town and will not be able to burp jars. I am not sure what to do about the last 2 that are not ready, I may chop the day before I go and hange for the week I am gone, probably better than letting it go and drying out or getting past ripe.

Any thoughts on that dilemma I am facing with holiday travel.

Thanks as always for dropping by and all comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Rocker

Last edited:

rocker

What's the info on the led? Looks like it's doing the job well. I am sold on led tech after my first run. I am running 3 Samsung strips. I don't know to much about it. A buddy built them.

Hi PackerFan, I have a 600 Watt Platinum LED, it is 184 in veg mode total watts and 368 in flower, as you can see my nugs are tight and fat, but it is super expensive, luckily I bought mine last year for less than they are now. I had a 400wat HPS before and this is just as good maybe a bit better, considering loss of heat and electrical consumption. I was looking at the 600Watt Viperspectra on amazon as it is a third the cost of my Platinum, and I just want it to veg, if I build a second room up, which I want to.
Thanks for checking out the thread.

Fiddynut

Greetings rocker.

I think your girls are looking good and I think the harvest window is open. I don't have any experience with the freezer method. If you were going into jars I'd recommend that you allow plenty of time to get them dry before you travel. I've had buds mold in jars when I didn't get them dry enough and didn't check on them for a few days. Maybe the freezer method makes this less of or not an issue.
As far as the other 2 girls go you might be able to leave them in their pots while your gone. If you leave the lights off while your gonethey won't dry out nearly as quick as when you are running your normal cycle. Some people leave the lights off for some days and let their plants dry out on purpose right before harvest. I think they call it "shock ripening" or something. You would have to harvest right when you get back but may be an option. Chopping right before you leave is an ok option and you will get an opportunity to see how long the rest of your harvest takes to dry so you'll have a better idea of how long that process takes.
Looking forward to hearing how these girls smoke...Fiddy.

rocker

FIddy - Thanks for that, I might just take your advice, and the two that I think could go a bit longer can sit with lights off, and I could use my tent still to dry. I was thinking my attic might work, but I left a thermometer and RH meter up there and it gets too hot. Plus not so keen on that idea cause of the insulation. The tent parameters have been in line for drying, from what I have read.
I am afraid of mold in jars if I am gone for 7 days, the freezer method here on ICM seems to be the main source, all the other sites link back here, kind of cool. Anyway, seems many have tried it and it works, so I am going to give it a go, here is the thread - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186222

Rocker,

Looking pimp! I read pretty fast through the threads so if I missed something sorry. Gotta get to work. However, on the two in question I'd just cloak em in darkness and chop immediately when you get back. Whats the worse that can happen more couch lock effect or you could cut them last minute and let them hang to dry while your gone. Either way your still gonna get great flower!

Peace

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Rocker, if you are going to be gone for 7 days I would water really good the day before you leave .I would chop and hang them right before you leave. I don't think I have had any plants dry in less than a week.

rocker

Fiddynut - Traceofvenom - Packerfan -

I can't tell you all how grateful I am for your advice, after getting to this point, I don't want these to get compromised in anyway, either too dry or worse mold in a jar. You all have good points to consider.

I could chop and hang right before I go, or shut down the lights and slow the air movement down and let them sit in darkness a week and chop em right when I get back, or chop some but not all.

I look at the GC & SLH this AM through the loupe quickly before leaving and they are pretty clear, and the 1 SLH is really beginning to plump up, hate to cut her early. So I am going to take time tonight and look at the trichomes closely to see where they are at, and make a decision.

What about the 24-48 hours of dark before the chop, Wives tale, or a good practice to follow?

Thanks agin to all you guys for chimming in, much appreciated.

Rocker