What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Forum Cut S1

Peripheral

Well I don't know for sure what makes the part of their Cookie parent. They sound like they could have selfed the forum cut or another and took one of the resulting plants and crossed it to Fire OG. I wouldn't go too far and say all Cookies are hybrids because we don't know how much inbred the original was before people found bagseeds. But at least the forum cut could be an S1 of it and therefore somehow a little or a little more inbred. Thats why I'm looking for grows of forum cut S1s. I don't know nothing about the thin mint cuts and jigga cuts that are floating around. They could be S1s as well. At least some more bagseeds of dispensary cookies have emerged and grown out to very appealing specimens that look very cookie-ish. Look for the grape liquorice cookies here on icmag. And last but not least Chimera S1 cookies. What I see, they are very uniform, indicating a high level of inbreeding.

The original cookie cuts were hybrids, but they also produce homogeneous phenotyps in the progeny of crosses.

Cookies came about by pheno hunting, it wasnt an extensive inbred breeding program designed to create cookie ibl's or anything, which is why there is so much variation in the cookies but still very close to some of the original cuts.

Peripheral

I have read you had the forum cut. You let it go? Looking forward to the pics!

I let the forum cut go about 5 years ago, I would grow it again, I just dont have it at the moment.

I personally prefer the thin mint over the forum, but that is subjective.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
The animal has Fire Og in it which I don't like and as such it ain't pure too.

That is just a speculated rumor / misinformation we thought may have been true way back when we got them . animal n forum r damn identical possibly same...Animal was just a healthier version of the same cut imo...

Peripheral

I'm almost positive someone on here made the Animal Cookies and also made Alpine Animal. Let me go see if I can find the thread.

EDIT : nope didn't make Animal Cookies, just Alpine Animal(Animal Cookies x Tahoe OG) . Here's the link for those that wanna see some killer flowers.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=258047

In almost everything I can find and everyone Ive spoken with says the 09 Animal was one of the original cuts along with the Jigga thin mint and the forum..

I cant say with absolute certitude because I simply wasnt there, but from what the cookie fam says that is what I gathered.

I sourced the jigga cut recently, its similar to the forum but it goes around 70 days.. From what Ive been told, I dont need or want the animal, but of course id have to grow it out for myself..

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Alpine animal was from unknown prophet...
The animal was purchased a few months after the forum from a separate source...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
That is just a speculated rumor / misinformation we thought may have been true way back when we got them . animal n forum r damn identical possibly same...Animal was just a healthier version of the same cut imo...

I can only repeat what the online sources state:

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/animal-cookies

http://de.**********.eu/strain-info/Animal_Cookies/BC_Bud_Depot/

http://herb.co/strains/animal-cookies/

I dont know whos legit or not and why you have a different view and wether the clone that Cannaventure have used for their pure animal existed before BC Bud depot's seeds but you are invited to explain.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
In almost everything I can find and everyone Ive spoken with says the 09 Animal was one of the original cuts along with the Jigga thin mint and the forum..

I cant say with absolute certitude because I simply wasnt there, but from what the cookie fam says that is what I gathered.

I sourced the jigga cut recently, its similar to the forum but it goes around 70 days.. From what Ive been told, I dont need or want the animal, but of course id have to grow it out for myself..

The forum cut can't be one of the "original" clones because it is the forum cut. A bagseed.

Peripheral

The forum cut can't be one of the "original" clones because it is the forum cut. A bagseed.

bag seed of what? The only thing it could have come from is the thin mint imo.. They are pretty similar.. when I flower out the jigga thin mint Ill show you guys what I am talking about... Im not sure if I have any pics from the forum when I ran her about 6 years ago.. I got the forum from Yes4prop215 in 2011 I think..

Im making a bunch of s1's from the Jigga tm gsc, theoretically, some of the progeny should be similar to the forum...

If you want you can run them and see what you find, probably something just as good if not better...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
bag seed of what? The only thing it could have come from is the thin mint imo.. They are pretty similar.. when I flower out the jigga thin mint Ill show you guys what I am talking about... Im not sure if I have any pics from the forum when I ran her about 6 years ago.. I got the forum from Yes4prop215 in 2011 I think..

Im making a bunch of s1's from the Jigga tm gsc, theoretically, some of the progeny should be similar to the forum...

If you want you can run them and see what you find, probably something just as good if not better...

Thx for that, lets get back to it when they're ready. Definitely interested! From my investigation I remember a guy named Jigga is said to be one of the creators or at least growers in the Cookie family, so the Jigga cut is said to be the one and only original GSC cut that is sold in the dispensaries, if I'm right. Some even say, the Jigga cut is, at the same time, the Thin Mint cut. And yes, then the forum cut would be a descendant of that Jigga or Thin Mint cut. I thought that was clear to everybody who grew the forum cut lol. It is called forum cut because a guy here at icmag found some beans (or maybe just one) in some dispensary cookies in California afaik. I'm really amazed, that me, of all people, who has never had a real Cookie cut in his hands, has to explain it to you guys. Really. It's all written here at icmag.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I can only repeat what the online sources state:

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/animal-cookies

http://de.**********.eu/strain-info/Animal_Cookies/BC_Bud_Depot/

http://herb.co/strains/animal-cookies/

I dont know whos legit or not and why you have a different view and wether the clone that Cannaventure have used for their pure animal existed before BC Bud depot's seeds but you are invited to explain.
Well I have a different view then most cause I was actually there in the room when the first cookie cuts came out and was one of the first ppl to have them.... Canaventure was probably the first seed co to have them.... The animal being gscxfire was what was told when it first showed up its a pure bs story that was told when it came out to make it seem totally different , hype it up, n raise the price, that was proven not to be true once cuts were ran it was just cookie almost if not identical to forum bit chunkier at times I'm not 100% if they are one in the same but both are true cookie cuts n the most similar, ogkb, thin mints , are also legit gsc n easily identified n impossible to mistake . those are the original cookie cuts any new cuts showing up are renamed or newer versions offshoots like klp..

The pic of bcbd has is from one of the first runs of legit gsc photographed. To bad they had a pic n no actual plant they stole the picture from unknown prophet n never had cookies at the time....100% verified bullshit.... I'm sure by now they got a legit cookie cut as they are everywhere now... But Id still avoid the beans ...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Well I have a different view then most cause I was actually there in the room when the first cookie cuts came out and was one of the first ppl to have them.... Canaventure was probably the first seed co to have them.... The animal being gscxfire was what was told when it first showed up its a pure bs story that was told when it came out to make it seem totally different , hype it up, n raise the price, that was proven not to be true once cuts were ran it was just cookie almost if not identical to forum bit chunkier at times I'm not 100% if they are one in the same but both are true cookie cuts n the most similar, ogkb, thin mints , are also legit gsc n easily identified n impossible to mistake . those are the original cookie cuts any new cuts showing up are renamed or newer versions offshoots like klp..

The pic of bcbd has is from one of the first runs of legit gsc photographed. To bad they had a pic n no actual plant they stole the picture from unknown prophet n never had cookies at the time....100% verified bullshit.... I'm sure by now they got a legit cookie cut as they are everywhere now... But Id still avoid the beans ...

I appreciate your input, just for clarification, I'm no native speaker, what do you mean, you were in the same room, you mean in the forum?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
No internet an actual room at abjas , good times many double boilers n Dabbs not certain who else was there think it was me Yprop retardo hydrosun deez n I think krunch ..

Peripheral

Thx for that, lets get back to it when they're ready. Definitely interested! From my investigation I remember a guy named Jigga is said to be one of the creators or at least growers in the Cookie family, so the Jigga cut is said to be the one and only original GSC cut that is sold in the dispensaries, if I'm right. Some even say, the Jigga cut is, at the same time, the Thin Mint cut. And yes, then the forum cut would be a descendant of that Jigga or Thin Mint cut. I thought that was clear to everybody who grew the forum cut lol. It is called forum cut because a guy here at icmag found some beans (or maybe just one) in some dispensary cookies in California afaik. I'm really amazed, that me, of all people, who has never had a real Cookie cut in his hands, has to explain it to you guys. Really. It's all written here at icmag.

yeah the Jigga is mostly known by the name it is passed with, "The original thin mint".

In fact, most guys with the cut don't even know who Jigga is lol

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
No internet an actual room at abjas , good times many double boilers n Dabbs not certain who else was there think it was me Yprop retardo hydrosun deez n I think krunch ..

Ahhh ok the insiders. Don't know what abjas means. A dispensary?

DJXX

Veteran
Sincity has Forum BX...just grabbed me some...they used SinMint in the backcross..DJXX

Peripheral

Not pure enough. Sorry to say Bx is not an option. But THX.

If I was going to do a bx, and I probably am at some point, its going to be with something that the Cookies has in its genetic history, like OG or something..

Im definitely hitting the Legend crinkle cut to the TM, Cannarado did the same cross with the same cuts, I forget what they called it but it was fire.. That kind of cross fetches like 500 on the auction block on IG for a 10 pack lol